1.    #1  
    I'm having a very hard time finding an external (folding or otherwise) keyboard that is compatible with the Treo 680. My boss had a 650 with a Palm Universal Wireless keyboard, but after upgrading to the 680, I've found that "universal" means every other model *except* the 680.

I thought I'd look around a bit, and so far, no keyboard seems to be compatible with the 680. Every other Treo model is listed, but not the 680?!?

Any advice (suggested keyboards/drivers/etc) or info would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I use the same keyboard that I used with my former Tungsten C by Targus and it works just fine. I just loaded the device driver for it and it worked immediately.
    Using same wireless (IR) keyboard for my 680 I previously used with my Palm T3, however I did download a new driver, 1.13, the T3 was using 1.05.
    Even tho Palm support website does not list the driver as compatible with 680, it does work fine for me.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl..._keyboard.html

Give it a try.
    Ditto.

I have the Palm wireless keyboard and the above driver and things work swell.

Odd, because that's not Palm's usual business model...

;-)
    Just a warning of what not to get.

I purchased the iGo Sierra Wireless bluetooth keyboard without checking the compatability list. Doesn't work with the Treo 680...yet. I sent a message to their tech support asking when a driver would be ready and received a boilerplate response that they're working on it and it would take 2+ months to finish. Which seems to mean they aren't in a real hurry to get it out the door.

Too bad, the keyboard itself is great. It works well for my wife on her HP iPaq.
    Anyone found a BLUETOOTH keyboard that works with the 680? I was interested in the iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard, the TreoCentral Store says it's compatible with the 680 but when you go to their site it says it's not. Which one is it?
    The Palm Wireless keyboard with Bluetooth works great with the 680 and the driver doesn't have the intermittent issues that the driver for the Universal Wireless keyboard has. The hit on battery life is pretty small too; caught me by surprise when I was reviewing it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Here's one I found on ebay. A bit pricey, but it looks very functional.

Currently, I have this one that I bought on ebay for $35 dollars and change; It works well, but the separated sides takes an awful lot getting used to; and when you try to hit the spacebar with your thumb, there's a large plastic lip that gets in the way.

I'm seriously thinking of dumping my current one and getting the bluetooth-- at least it's a lot more like a regular keyboard and would make it less unwieldly to use.
    I have a Palm Treo 680 and purchased an iGo Stowaway Ultra-slim Keyboard for it from Amazon for $29.00 pluss shipping. When I looked at the specs online (AFTER I bought the thing) it said it wasn't compatible but I use it all the time without any problems. It works like a charm.

Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002OKCXE/...bosnation0e-20
    Quote Originally Posted by straybilly View Post
    I have a Palm Treo 680 and purchased an iGo Stowaway Ultra-slim Keyboard for it from Amazon for $29.00 pluss shipping. When I looked at the specs online (AFTER I bought the thing) it said it wasn't compatible but I use it all the time without any problems. It works like a charm.

Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002OKCXE/...bosnation0e-20
    Thanks for the heads-up--looks like a winner!

I read on one of the reviews that it required a download of software from "Think Outside" web site.. Did you download the software for the Treo 650 in order to make it work on your 680?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycmeistr View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up--looks like a winner!

I read on one of the reviews that it required a download of software from "Think Outside" web site.. Did you download the software for the Treo 650 in order to make it work on your 680?
    Even if i bought the iGo Stowaway Ultra-slim Keyboard for other hardware, I tried the 650 driver in the 680.

The keyboard worked fine, no lags, but with a side effect: every minute or so, the 680 would make a system sound. Even with no keyboard or other BT devices around. Turning off the Treo BT and a soft reset would not help either.