Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK,
    I am more than a little tired of this. There are several good consumer activist groups out there that would be happy to take this on. We are past the Q1 deadline. Would anyone else be interested in a class action lawsuit against Palm. There are pics and rumors of a 755p on the net and I have had just about enough. If palm is going to put out a new model and has done such a horrible job of satisfying us, we need compensation.
    I'm 100% behind you, its absurd that 1st my blutooth is useless and that Palm continues to bring out new products instead of fixing the 700p. Its pure madness.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Give it a rest, why are you ppl acting like cry babies? I dont know why you keep waiting on this "so-called" update, cause there is no need. The problem is not with Palm, the problem is with you and what you have installed on your device....

Try this for kicks, whipe out every app you've downloaded on your device, try it out for a week lemme know how it performs....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Give it a rest, why are you ppl acting like cry babies? I dont know why you keep waiting on this "so-called" update, cause there is no need. The problem is not with Palm, the problem is with you and what you have installed on your device....

Try this for kicks, whipe out every app you've downloaded on your device, try it out for a week lemme know how it performs....
    You forget that Palm's implementation of Bluetooth is rather crappy. Hard resetting does not change this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have no problem with my bluetooth and use it daily, no resets required.
    Never had a problem either, sorry.
    I have had my 700p since the day it release, ill admit the white screen and delays are a PITA but i have gotten used to it, bluetooth wise i use a treo headset BT and use it on my car and i have never had a bluetooth issue and i have alot of crap installed on my phone, till something way way better with wifi comes out im staying with this thing.
    I don't use BT but I am inclined to believe the people on this board that have problems. I have three third party apps on my 700p: Google Maps, Kinoma 4 and YAUC. I never use YAUC and rarely use the other two. My Treo has serious lag in the phone app and contact app and has since day one. I have tried hard resets. These do not fix the lag for more than a few days. I rarely use SMS but have experienced the lockup. This is unacceptable. Period. Palm should allow 700p owners to upgrade to a 755p for a huge discount (and I mean HUGE.) They should forget about a firmware update and save their resources. They should immediately announce a 700p upgrade program. Anything else is in violation of consumer protection laws--at least that is the case here in Massachusetts where I live, purchased and use my 700p.

I'd support a class action. In fact, as a lawyer, I'd like to help in any way. I don't practice anymore, but I'd do whatever I can to help. I truly believe this situation is an unfair and deceptive trade practice. They knowingly released a faulty product and then mislead us as to a fix. Now they're moving on without ever addressing the legitimate issues that affect so many of their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    I don't use BT but I am inclined to believe the people on this board that have problems. I have three third party apps on my 700p: Google Maps, Kinoma 4 and YAUC. I never use YAUC and rarely use the other two. My Treo has serious lag in the phone app and contact app and has since day one. I have tried hard resets. These do not fix the lag for more than a few days. I rarely use SMS but have experienced the lockup. This is unacceptable. Period. Palm should allow 700p owners to upgrade to a 755p for a huge discount (and I mean HUGE.) They should forget about a firmware update and save their resources. They should immediately announce a 700p upgrade program. Anything else is in violation of consumer protection laws--at least that is the case here in Massachusetts where I live, purchased and use my 700p.

I'd support a class action. In fact, as a lawyer, I'd like to help in any way. I don't practice anymore, but I'd do whatever I can to help. I truly believe this situation is an unfair and deceptive trade practice. They knowingly released a faulty product and then mislead us as to a fix. Now they're moving on without ever addressing the legitimate issues that affect so many of their customers.
    Do you know anyone who would take this case?
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    My Treo has serious lag in the phone app and contact app and has since day one. I have tried hard resets. These do not fix the lag for more than a few days.
    I've had neither since day one....but there have been quite a few posts recently about contact lags being due to a corrupted or enlarged contacts database.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Sorry but I did try this myself. It's quick at first but then VersaMail slow's everything down once you start using that. I also still have problems with white-screen lags, bluetooth, SMS freezes, and even Blazer causing resets at times (my guess is that it has something to do with its cache since it's after you've used it for awhile). This was a rush-to-market product and Palm knows it (or at least the tech I talked to did agree with me on that point).

They made a poor decision when trying to make similar hardware for the 700p and 700w and that choice has bit them in both cases. 700w has memory issues - thus the reason Sprint demanded the updates which yielded the 700wx - and 700p is slower and less stable then the 650 due to the speed and architecture of the NVRAM.

I'm afraid that I too would support a class-action suit against Palm do to the above, personally noted, reasons.
    I had (and still have) the exact same DB in my TX and 650. No lag. My DB isn't that big. Anyway, you're lucky. Do you think others on this forum are lying? We've all tried to resolve these issues. Weve all banged our heads against the wall (also known as "calling tech support," also known as "being told to do a hard reset.") The lag in the phone app makes it impssible to end some calls, properly access voicemail, and other things NO phone should EVER do...and in fact, none of my other cell phones have ever done this.

It's shocking to me that anyone who reads this forum would think that after patiently waiting for 10 months (3.5 of those months with a misleading bone thrown from Palm) we should all just shut up. Why should we let a company take advantage of us like this? I'm a capitalist and believe in the free market. But there are clearly defined limits and Palm has crossed them. They should suffer the legal consequences or why should they not do this with every product they release?
    I also suffer from the phone lag. It is quite annoying. I notice it occurs only when I am calling a Verizon number (I am on Verizon). Haven't noticed it when I call other carriers.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I have to agree that Palm has been agonizingly slow at releasing an update to address the numerous issues with the 700p. However, isn't it possible that the Palm OS for the new 755p is the upgrade? Maybe (I know it's a VERY slim possibility) Palm has delayed releasing a "fix", in order to provide us with a more stable OS. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    let's get back to the point here: I support a class action suit against palm

who else?

I in fact have no 3rd party apps on my phone and I still get the freezing during text messaging and the bluetooth still sucks. I have had my phone replaced 4 times and the same thing. So it is in fact a problem on Palm's end that they need to fix and should have fixed many months ago.
    Not me. What ever happened to "caveat emptor"? Let the market sort it out.

I've bought plenty of less than perfect products. Unhappy? Then don't buy from the brand again. Learn your lesson. But a class action lawsuit? Come on. The 700p does what it claims to do, though maybe with a few hiccups.

Palm's only reason for a potential firmware update is goodwill and keeping the customer base happy...not out of legal obligation. Though these days, it obviously doesn't take a whole lot for someone to bring a lawsuit against you.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    No thanks.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    If the 755p is released and there is still no upgrade/fix for the 700p, I would consider participating in a class action suit. But not before that point in time.

As for "caveat emptor", most companies that use that as their business model, fail.
    Back to the point, does anyone know a good lawyer who would take this class action case?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast