Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Assuming everything goes right for you people, big deal! You'll spend at least a year in court, and for what? To get a voucher for $6.99 off the purchase of your next Palm device?
    It isn't always about the bennifit to the plaintiff. A suit will also send a message to Palm that you must live up to your promises and representation. While our bennifit may not be great, the loss of good will and bad press to Palm may be enough to get them to release a higher quality product that actually lives up to their representations.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Give it a rest, why are you ppl acting like cry babies? I dont know why you keep waiting on this "so-called" update, cause there is no need. The problem is not with Palm, the problem is with you and what you have installed on your device....

    Try this for kicks, whipe out every app you've downloaded on your device, try it out for a week lemme know how it performs....
    I'm sorry but what was the point of getting the treo over another cellphone?? I thought it was because the Palm is an OS that can load other programs... If I can't load anything.. then why get the palm?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    It isn't always about the bennifit to the plaintiff. A suit will also send a message to Palm that you must live up to your promises and representation. While our bennifit may not be great, the loss of good will and bad press to Palm may be enough to get them to release a higher quality product that actually lives up to their representations.
    I'm sorry, but what you guys don't appear to understand is that most (>70%, based on the poll on this site) people have no major problems whatsoever with their 700P. Admittedly, I rarely use BT and I wish I could voice dial with it when I do, but that's about it. No lag. No resets. You can jump up and down all you want, but when they call witness after witness that have no problems whatsoever with their device, what are you gonna say? This site is where people who have problems with their devices come to find solutions; that's a good thing, but it also biases the posts in favor of people with problems. I'm sure I'd be pissed too if I had those problems, but I don't, and to me it appears likely that most of you with problems installed your new software over the old without removing old apps, or are using apps that worked on the 650 but don't work on the 700. I came across a few of those when loading apps that were on my old device; that's why I loaded them one at a time. Now if the thing resets out of the box, that's a different circumstance....IF you haven't already synced all your old software onto the new device. Just my opinion. A class action lawsuit would never be taken by any lawyer with experience. If you can prove loss of income in your business by the fact that BT doesn't work, good luck.
  4. #44  
    Sorry David, but "We only have a 20% failure rate" doesn't cut it in any court.
  5. llarson's Avatar
    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Give it a rest, why are you ppl acting like cry babies? I dont know why you keep waiting on this "so-called" update, cause there is no need. The problem is not with Palm, the problem is with you and what you have installed on your device....

    Try this for kicks, whipe out every app you've downloaded on your device, try it out for a week lemme know how it performs....
    Part of the reason I bought a Palm OS device was because of the 3rd party programs. Seems this guys idea is forget about what they say they can do live with a device that only performs half of what they promise.

    Give me a break!
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by lndshrk View Post
    Sorry David, but "We only have a 20% failure rate" doesn't cut it in any court.
    Then all you have to do it prove that it's really a failure rate, and not due to third party apps. They do not guarantee the device will work with third party apps. The poll addresses satisfaction. It would nice to do a poll to see how many feel their device has failed. Of course, given the makeup of the board, it will be artificially high. It's interesting to me that if you go to some of the other Treo boards, there are not nearly as many complaints. Not exactly sure what that means, but it probably means something.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I'm sorry but what was the point of getting the treo over another cellphone?? I thought it was because the Palm is an OS that can load other programs... If I can't load anything.. then why get the palm?

    Exactly....what is it with all the people who just say "wipe every program off your palm and it'll work"?!? Seriously, walk into any sprint store and see what they have listed as one of the features of the PalmOS 700p. They specifically market it as a device that is capable of running thousands of "familiar palm applications" (I believe that's close to the exact wording). If you're telling me Palm condones not running any 3rd party app, then this is clearly false advertising, is it not?

    What you guys are saying is like an mp3 player (that was clearly advertised as fully compliant with the mp3 format) and then loading MP3's onto it that you encoded yourself with a good encoder like LAME (again fully compliant with the mp3 format). Then you find out the mp3 player won't decode all of those mp3s, only half of them. You call up the mp3 player manufacturer and they say "sorry, no 3rd party mp3s, try wiping them and it'll work fine". This is basically what all you folks telling us we should wipe our 700p's are saying.

    Plus, don't you think we already tried that? Versamail STILL makes the phone lag, there's STILL and SMS lag issue, and don't even get me started again about the bluetooth issues with headsets Palm has STATED EXPLICITY that are fully compatible with the 700p's bluetooth stack, which end up randomly rebooting the phone on incoming calls with no trace, call log, or indication of an incoming call unless you're actually staring at the phone when it happens and see the "incoming call" screen painting onto the screen.

    Finally, I don't get why people are still defending Palm here. I mean seriously, do you not want a software update? Do you not want any sort of support for that shiny new $650 device you paid for? The rest of us are pissed off and trying to find a way to coax it out of this company, and you're berating us for it? I mean you just paid a lot of money for a device that only performs to maybe half of it's advertised functionality. You're seriously happy with that purchase? That's like going to a desert and buying a camel with only 3 legs to ride across it.
  8. #48  
    I don't HAVE a lag. I use Versamail for two accounts, an Outlook account and Gmail, and have no lag. The only lag I have is leaving Blazer, and that's only because I have it set to clear cache on exit. I have no SMS issue. Admittedly, I don't save 300 text messages. I"ve not had the rebooting issue with BT. I feel your pain, but except for skipping Ptunes and not being able to voicedial with BT, the device does what I expect it to....and I've got well over twenty apps on mine. Of course I'd like to see an update....but it's not essential for me.
  9. #49  
    1)Palm released every Treo with flaws that they know existed without disclosure to consumers.
    2)Palm continues the practice with increasing arrogance.
    3)Palm will continue to do so until financially impacted.

    The point of the suit is to financially hurt Palm enough so that they would end this practice.

    I'm no lawyer but I would make this case not about the 700p but about the business practice which would include damages to 600, 650 owners also. It adds more plantiffs which = more $ damage to Palm if lost. While jury verdicts are never certain, this would be a pretty straight forward case to present....

    Exhibit A) Treo 600 box: promises Bluetooth & WIFI.

    Exhibit B) Quote from Ed Colligan in which he promises he will promises WIFI capability for Treo 650 at launch.

    Exhibit C) 700p
    1)I'd start with a brand new untouched 700p & start playing PocketTunes.Then I'd switch between apps & let people hear it skip.Then I'd demonstrate no such problem on the 650 & 600 as well as show them the Palm knowledge base article that documents the problem.I would point out that the article was written a day before the 700p's release & ask if Palm decided to put that on the box.
    2)I would launch Versamail on the 700p instantly creating a lag without even syncing it to an account.Then I would show the lag difference against the 650 & 600.Then I would say how it has got to make you wonder just how bad it must get once you've actually loaded something on it.
    3)Similar demonstrations with SMS lockup (easy too) & Bluetooth.

    I would tell the jury at opening that we were going to count on their common sense & call next to no witnesses.Three products with flaws & no disclosure to consumers = no brainer.I'd say we hope to have the trial done in a week but cannot control Palm's witness list.That way the longer the trial drags the more the jury dislikes Palm increasing incentive to settle.

    At closing,I'd ask the jury to send a msg to EVERY company that ever sold them something that didn't do what was promised.

    Very winnable IMHO.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  10. #50  
    Geez Merlyn....

    Get over yourself already. You say you and the rest of us. Who's the rest of us? You don't speak for me. Do you really think you have the power to "coax" anything out of anybody.

    First of all, I don't have the issues with my 700p as some of you claim to have. I use a Moto H700 headset (it's on the compatibilty list) and have no problems with dropping connection.

    I did not transfer all my 650 junk over to the 700p. I did a fresh install of everything. When I find a problem 3rd party app, I get rid of it. I have no problems with VersaMail. It auto syncs 2 email accounts and flat out works great.

    No problems with SMS. No Lags.

    So yes I am perfectly happy with the 700p. It just plain works for me.

    If some you would spend as much time trouble shooting as you do complaining, I am sure you all would much happier.

    I remember the lawsuit crap over the 650 also. This is the same crap, only a different name applied to it. This is about the only Treo site that has an excessive amount of crying. Quite frankly, I don't know why TreoCentral allows it to continue.

    I would be very happy with an update when/if it comes. Just like I was happy with the 650 updates.

    I believe if the 700p was not the source of ignition in your troubled lives, I am sure it would be something else.

    And I never paid full boat for my 700p. I negociated a deal with Sprint for the phone and service.

    I have go wash this stink off of me now. Have a nice evening.....

  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    1)Palm released every Treo with flaws that they know existed without disclosure to consumers.
    2)Palm continues the practice with increasing arrogance.
    3)Palm will continue to do so until financially impacted.

    The point of the suit is to financially hurt Palm enough so that they would end this practice.

    I'm no lawyer but I would make this case not about the 700p but about the business practice which would include damages to 600, 650 owners also. It adds more plantiffs which = more $ damage to Palm if lost. While jury verdicts are never certain, this would be a pretty straight forward case to present....

    Exhibit A) Treo 600 box: promises Bluetooth & WIFI.

    Exhibit B) Quote from Ed Colligan in which he promises he will promises WIFI capability for Treo 650 at launch.

    Exhibit C) 700p
    1)I'd start with a brand new untouched 700p & start playing PocketTunes.Then I'd switch between apps & let people hear it skip.Then I'd demonstrate no such problem on the 650 & 600 as well as show them the Palm knowledge base article that documents the problem.I would point out that the article was written a day before the 700p's release & ask if Palm decided to put that on the box.
    2)I would launch Versamail on the 700p instantly creating a lag without even syncing it to an account.Then I would show the lag difference against the 650 & 600.Then I would say how it has got to make you wonder just how bad it must get once you've actually loaded something on it.
    3)Similar demonstrations with SMS lockup (easy too) & Bluetooth.

    I would tell the jury at opening that we were going to count on their common sense & call next to no witnesses.Three products with flaws & no disclosure to consumers = no brainer.I'd say we hope to have the trial done in a week but cannot control Palm's witness list.That way the longer the trial drags the more the jury dislikes Palm increasing incentive to settle.

    At closing,I'd ask the jury to send a msg to EVERY company that ever sold them something that didn't do what was promised.

    Very winnable IMHO.
    Well put Bob-C....now if somebody could find a lawyer to lawyer it up for us, we'd be set. You did, however, fail to mention that Palm released the 700p with such a terrible bluetooth stack that it doesn't even comply with the standard and work with almost every bluetooth headset. In addition it resets the phone on some incoming calls without a single trace of who called causing loss of business damages to several. There are so many issues, I'm just so tired of typing them out.
  12. #52  
    I wish you luck....you better make sure the new device lags and has major BT problems....and SMS problems (since mine doesn't). Not likely you'll win because Ptunes skips.

    Treotraveler, you got it exactly right. Fresh install=no problems, at least for both of us.
  13. #53  
    So much useless bickering. If the device works for you, I am glad to hear it. In fact, I think everyone is happy for you. But just because it works for you does not mean it works for everyone else.

    Do you go on the subway everyday? Unless you do, you would have no clue about the problems the treo has when it loses signal. Do you use more than one bluetooth device with your phone? If you don't, you have probably have no idea about the countless soft resets performed to get it working correctly. Do you use your phone as an mp3 player all the time? If not, you have no idea about the skipping that did not exist on previous models.

    Bottom line: The phone has problems that may or may not manifest themselves in your daily use. I am personally all for a lawsuit to make Palm realize that it should actually listen and respond to its customers.
  14. nptski's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #54  
    Those arguing a 3rd party app-free enviornment for a device designed as a PDA/Phone are silly. I owed a 600 (decent device), a 650 GSM (best of the bunch), and now a 700P (worst of the bunch). It was a huge mistake to go to the 700P, I have tried every reasonable "fix", I sill routinely have to wait for it to do whatever the hell it does while it freezes for 6-8 seconds, often enough to make me miss answering a call, etc.

    I am voting with my wallet. I ordered a Q last week, it isn't perfect and I have read all the Palm-faithful zealots (I was one too, probably recommended 10 others to buy Palm) cry out how sorry I will be. It may even be true but I am gone. I have stayed at the party too long, it's a phone not a religion.

    The overall Treo design has been good but it is now dated. I looked into a 750 but another $400 plus changing to Cingular (now the highest priced carrier, $45/mo more than VZN for 4K mins plus data plus text) looks close to a $1,000 more for the year, not worth it.

    Have fun and thanks to all on this forum. The info has been very helpful.
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

    Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
  15. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #55  
    Yes... I hear Big Bird has opened up a practice with Bert & Ernie. Try them first. I hear their prices are great.

    Everyone needs to take a step back and breathe... You realize the update is not delayed by Palm. Right now it's in the hands of the major carriers who are verifying the update. You want to *****... ***** at Verizon or Sprint. It's not Palm at this point.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  16. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I wish you luck....you better make sure the new device lags and has major BT problems....and SMS problems (since mine doesn't). Not likely you'll win because Ptunes skips.

    Treotraveler, you got it exactly right. Fresh install=no problems, at least for both of us.
    Remember, Palm acknowledged the problems that many are suffering and promised us a patch by now. Perhaps some people are OK with a business making material misrepresentations to their customers, but many of us are not.

    I have been using palm software for many years, I know how to do a fresh install and that has nothing to do with the lag, sms or BT issues.

    Even your "perfect" 700p skips when playing mp3, does that make you happy?!?! Don't you feel that the 700 should be just as good at playing mp3 files as a 650 or 600?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  17.    #57  
    If we are going to do it I think we have to name the carriers here as well. Some of the blame lies on them for pushing a product with known issues. It will also not sit well with them that they are being dragged into a litigation that Palm should have taken care of in the first place. If it hurts the carriers, palm will be quaking in their boots. W/O the carriers Palm is nothing. There are plenty of smartphones on the market that the carriers can market without Palm.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    You realize the update is not delayed by Palm. Right now it's in the hands of the major carriers who are verifying the update. You want to *****... ***** at Verizon or Sprint. It's not Palm at this point.
    Really?

    And you have proof of this?

    Consider me from Missouri and SHOW ME.
  19. #59  
    Just curious but who paid $650 for a 700p? And if so why? I can get mine from the Sprint store tomorrow for $249 after my Sprint credit and a $100 rebate. $650? Huh?
  20. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post



    First of all, I don't have the issues with my 700p as some of you claim to have. I use a Moto H700 headset (it's on the compatibilty list) and have no problems with dropping connection.

    I did not transfer all my 650 junk over to the 700p. I did a fresh install of everything. When I find a problem 3rd party app, I get rid of it. I have no problems with VersaMail. It auto syncs 2 email accounts and flat out works great.

    No problems with SMS. No Lags.

    So yes I am perfectly happy with the 700p. It just plain works for me.



    I would be very happy with an update when/if it comes. Just like I was happy with the 650 updates.
    If you would be very happy with an update, if it comes that is, it sounds like things are not perfect with your 700p. Why want an update if you are perfectly happy with your 700p ?

    Now, moving on from that. I want pTunes to be fixed. I want it to operate without skipping that MOST users are willing to admit is a problem. It's doubtful there's a 700p that doesn't have the skipping issues, of course except for those that don't use it as an mp3 player. " Sure, it doesn't skip. I have an Ipod. "

    How dare anyone say it's our fault the 700p is problematic because of the loading up of third party applications. The man from Palm ( Sinclair I guess ) has ALREADY ADMITTED there's problems with the 700p out of the box, so to those who say " I don't have any problems, " you are in the minority and very lucky.

    Yes, 70 percent of TC members are satisfied with the 700p, but do not discount the fact that even though it's an incredible device for all the things it does and gives reason for such high satisfaction, it's frustrating that the 700p has not yet lived up to its potential.

    Lag when exiting Blazer ? I don't have that.....hahahaha ! So it must not exist. Must be in peoples minds, just made up or something. Oh wait ! My 700p has a 13 second lag when I OPEN Blazer. So WTF ? I want it fixed.

    Bluetooth issues, I can say not too much at all. But, there should be ZERO issues. I want it fixed.

    Other than that, I like my 700p. I'm one of the 70 percent that's satisfied. But it still needs to be fixed as promised. End of rant.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions