Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post

As for "caveat emptor", most companies that use that as their business model, fail.
    Exactly my point. Companies do not owe their customers perfection. If the device does not do what it claims (e.g. Verizon's bluetooth on the 710), then I agree that the consumer has a claim.

But if the device they bought is just a little slow at times and admittedly doesn't work with all bluetooth devices, then the consumer needs to simply cut their losses, not buy from the company again if they are unhappy, and find something that better meets their needs.

There is a difference between a defective product and a crappy one.
    A lawsuit is a bit far, but from the letter someone posted from Palm, they ACKNOWLEDGED the problems and said they were fixing them. They SAID they were going to release a patch Q1 this year to fix them and that didn't happen.

So they lied. You can't argue that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    Not me. What ever happened to "caveat emptor"? Let the market sort it out.

I've bought plenty of less than perfect products. Unhappy? Then don't buy from the brand again. Learn your lesson. But a class action lawsuit? Come on. The 700p does what it claims to do, though maybe with a few hiccups.

Palm's only reason for a potential firmware update is goodwill and keeping the customer base happy...not out of legal obligation. Though these days, it obviously doesn't take a whole lot for someone to bring a lawsuit against you.

Well I do know that with the 650; the boards were not full of complaints and issues after they released the 2 or 3 updates. It seems that almost everyone has a issue; BT and the dreaded lag. ( my BT seems to work ok with the Camry 2007) My son has the Razor and he says that his phone reboots on occassion.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    All Talk, No Action, on both sides...

Lemme know when you actually walk the walk and start a suit, then I will be happy to join in!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Exactly my point. Companies do not owe their customers perfection. If the device does not do what it claims (e.g. Verizon's bluetooth on the 710), then I agree that the consumer has a claim.

But if the device they bought is just a little slow at times and admittedly doesn't work with all bluetooth devices, then the consumer needs to simply cut their losses, not buy from the company again if they are unhappy, and find something that better meets their needs.

Could not have put it better myself. I have seen nothing that warrants a class action lawsuit.
    I have two bluetooth headsets, both of which worked perfectly on my treo 650. now, with my new 700p (even with no thirdparty software), although I can usually (not always) connect both headsets (one at a time of course), they often disconnect for no apparent reason, even if fully charged.

i havent had reset issues, but the lack of ability to consistently be connected via bluetooth means I cant use it...its embarassing and unproductive to be disconnected from people all the time on the phone.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I have to agree that Palm has been agonizingly slow at releasing an update to address the numerous issues with the 700p. However, isn't it possible that the Palm OS for the new 755p is the upgrade? Maybe (I know it's a VERY slim possibility) Palm has delayed releasing a "fix", in order to provide us with a more stable OS. Just a thought.
    This is what I'm hoping for.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I would support a class action suit. Palm shouldn't tell people they will fix problems causing people who rely on those statements to their detriment. That is to say, to longer those with problems have held on to their 700p thinking Palm would fix problems the harder it becomes to get out of this mess. Some have past their time to return the phone. Moreover, with the 755 coming out on Sprint, the 700p decreases in value and becomes harder to unload.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2 View Post
    I have two bluetooth headsets, both of which worked perfectly on my treo 650. now, with my new 700p (even with no thirdparty software), although I can usually (not always) connect both headsets (one at a time of course), they often disconnect for no apparent reason, even if fully charged.

i havent had reset issues, but the lack of ability to consistently be connected via bluetooth means I cant use it...its embarassing and unproductive to be disconnected from people all the time on the phone.
    Bluetooth should be Bluetooth. I have friends with dumbphones that don't have problems with ANY headset they try. (Minus static which seems to be a normal BT issue)

I have a Moto HS850 and when it works it works well. But the 700p drops connection to it often, and often will not re-pair unless I do a reset.

If Palm JUST fixes the BT issues I will be happy. I am still happy with the phone, but I REALLY need the BT issues fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Bluetooth should be Bluetooth. I have friends with dumbphones that don't have problems with ANY headset they try. (Minus static which seems to be a normal BT issue)

I have a Moto HS850 and when it works it works well. But the 700p drops connection to it often, and often will not re-pair unless I do a reset.

If Palm JUST fixes the BT issues I will be happy. I am still happy with the phone, but I REALLY need the BT issues fixed.

Do you have a problem with the lag!

A point for the lawsuit here, the HS850 is actually on Palm's posted list of FULLY COMPATIBLE bluetooth headsets. Yet as reported, it doesn't work like it's supposed to with the 700p for going on 10 months now. I have similar problems with the Jabra JX-10 which is on that same list.

Doesn't the Treo 700p qualify for both?
    Back on point, I would completely support a lawsuit against Palm.

The Treo 700p DOES NOT do what it is supposed to do in any
    reasonable manner that is "fit for purpose".

Silent resets when calls come in on bluetooth, while paired up to a
    Palm-approved BT headset
    (Jabra JX-10).

This means you have no CALL LOG, no indication that anyone has called
    you and this means you LOSE BUSINESS.

The 700p's BT stack has problems if you have multiple devices - say a BT
    adapter for hotsyncing, your car, and a BT headset.

That and the mysterious SMS lockups for no known reason which leave the
    phone useless for up to 4 minutes.

Jim
    OMG... not another let sue class action lawsuit thread against Palm thread... Good grief...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It was stated before a patch is coming.....the question is when now.

We could only hope that Palm is taking this long for the patch because they are going to give us Palm OS 6. (Not Cobalt, their own creation based on Garnett)
    It was stated before a patch is coming.....the question is when now.

We could only hope that Palm is taking this long for the patch because they are going to give us Palm OS 6. (Not Cobalt, their own creation based on Garnett)
    This was posted before as was my response to this statement:

keep dreamin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Give it a rest, why are you ppl acting like cry babies? I dont know why you keep waiting on this "so-called" update, cause there is no need. The problem is not with Palm, the problem is with you and what you have installed on your device....

Try this for kicks, whipe out every app you've downloaded on your device, try it out for a week lemme know how it performs....
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    This was posted before as was my response to this statement:

keep dreamin'
    Hey you're the wizard. Make it happen.
    Three words for you:

Oh eM Gee!!!

Assuming everything goes right for you people, big deal! You'll spend at least a year in court, and for what? To get a voucher for $6.99 off the purchase of your next Palm device? Knock yourself out.

After all the griping that goes on here about Palm, frankly if anyone buys a new Treo, you deserve what misery you may experience.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    leke you sound slow, 1st of course I've tried that being verizon tells you to hard reset before they're able to send you another phone. My phone resets, my bluetooth doesn't work and of theres a big lag when switching to different apps not to mention the pockettunes. Your concept doesn't work.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast