Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I want a car mount for my Chevy silverado. Since the Treo 680 lives in a charger.............. Anyone try the iGrip products?

    I would pick Siedio. But, after 2 hybrid audio adapters, a few cases and batteries that don't work well. I think i'll give someone else my money.
  2. dhl
    dhl is offline
    dhl's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    #2  
    I've tied a couple of the iGrip products. I first bought the cigarette mount but didn't like where it positioned the treo -- too low and too close to my hand on the steering wheel. I then got the heavy duty swivel mount which I could use with the holder part from the cigarette mount. Very happy with this. I use the suction cup to stick it to my windshield. Much better because I can keep my eyes on the road when I'm using the Treo with GPS. And easy to remove and stash when not in use. The iGrip products are well made and I think you'll be happy with them. Do think about where you want your treo to be positioned when you decide which mount to buy.
  3.    #3  
    Thx, I was thinkin about a vent setup. but I don't want the treo jiggling around while I drive.
  4. #4  
    I second the IGrip products!

    I too looked at the ciggy mount but my cig lighter sits about 6" below my drink holder (slides out of my dash) and when I have the drink holder slid out the Treo would be very akwardly set.

    I then made up my mind and bought the suction cup mount thinking it would stick to the top of my dash.... hahaha no go. My dash has texture to it. It wouldnt hold the suction. I settled on the windshield and man o man I couldnt be happier! I thought i wouldnt like it but man I dig it!

    Now a word of advice, I did run into a little trouble with the face plate. Make sure you get the one that adjusts. I have my Treo in a case and the non-adjusting face plate was too small for it. I sent it back and got the one that does and like I said, I wouldve never thought that I would be this happy with it mounted to the windshield.

    Hope it helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5. meinken's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #5  
    I've been using a cupholder mount for some time and been very happy with its stability. I have 2 cupholders on the floor just behind the automatic shifter in my Sebring Conv and have placed one in each. One for my XM Radio and the other for the Treo 700p.

    This is a link to the one I am using, at Best Buy for 29.99 each, I presume there are others available.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138084373294
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I want a car mount for my Chevy silverado. Since the Treo 680 lives in a charger.............. Anyone try the iGrip products?

    I would pick Siedio. But, after 2 hybrid audio adapters, a few cases and batteries that don't work well. I think i'll give someone else my money.
    before you buy anything, you have got to try this site:

    http://www.proclipusa.com/choosecoun...secountry.aspx

    it is a two part solution, part one is the type of vehicle and the location in the vehicle, part two is the item you want to mount, and the type of mount. i have used this in many different cars that I have set up, and they simply may be a few dollars more but they work great.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJVC View Post
    before you buy anything, you have got to try this site:

    http://www.proclipusa.com/choosecoun...secountry.aspx

    it is a two part solution, part one is the type of vehicle and the location in the vehicle, part two is the item you want to mount, and the type of mount. i have used this in many different cars that I have set up, and they simply may be a few dollars more but they work great.
    I was thinking of just modifying a Seidio INNO.dock to be mounted somehow in the car. The dock would provide an audio out, power, and connects the Treo at the bottom, so it can be compatible with many models that use the same connectors (I dont plan on keeping my 700p forever). This will also allow me to keep whatever Treo I have in its case. My only problem would be the sturdiness of the INNO.dock and how I would mount it. I wish they (Seidio) would conveniently solve this problem for me...!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I was thinking of just modifying a Seidio INNO.dock to be mounted somehow in the car. The dock would provide an audio out, power, and connects the Treo at the bottom, so it can be compatible with many models that use the same connectors (I dont plan on keeping my 700p forever). This will also allow me to keep whatever Treo I have in its case. My only problem would be the sturdiness of the INNO.dock and how I would mount it. I wish they (Seidio) would conveniently solve this problem for me...!
    Again, since it is a two part solution, go to the site and check it out.

Posting Permissions