1.    #1  
    Good April Fools prank
    Man's ultimate happiness...acquisition of the coolest toys
    Curious how many clicked on the link...

They had me going until they said the WiFi chip was in the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Yep, same here. They couldn't possibly have a chip in the 750 battery. They didn't even bother putting a real battery in there!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Curious how many clicked on the link...

Nah, it couldn't be in the battery because the battery has a creamy chocolate filling and the WiFi chip would get all gooey and icky..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Not to mention all those people who buy 3rd party/after market batteries "without the chip" for spares... your WiFi would work with the Palm battery but not with theirs!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Sadly, the joke's on Palm for not releasing those Wifi drivers for our Treos
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Sadly, the joke's on Palm for not releasing those Wifi drivers for our Treos
    They love to leave all that $$$ on the table from the millions of Treo users who would buy the $99 Wi-fi card....
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    They love to leave all that $$$ on the table from the millions of Treo users who would buy the $99 Wi-fi card....
    Another joke for April Fools day.
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Another joke for April Fools day.
    Not an April Fools day joke. Just plain truth.

However, Apple may be the only one laughing.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Has anyone reported that he/she successfully run the SDIO Wifi card (i'm not meaning a wifi sled) on a Treo w/o any bugs yet?
    Treo Maniac?
    Sadly, the lack of wifi in Treos has more to do with Palm brown-nosing the wireless companies that sell their products than with trying to make a few extra bucks on hardware add-ons.

Back in the day when Palm was a freestanding and self-sufficient PDA company, the possibility of wifi (either thru a SD card or built-in, like the TX) was a simple user choice. Now, Palm is but a shadow of its former self - nothing more than a hardware provider of smartphones to wireless companies, who see wifi as a way for the subscriber to circumnavigate their very pricey data plans - and so who require Palm to not include it in the Treo.

As for a SD card add-on, I daresay here is a reason Palm's newer Treos have the slot in the side. While the user may be able to accommodate a Treo with a small antennae sticking out of a top SD slot, the same may not be said of one sticking out of the side. Again, all to keep the wireless companies happy.

Now, if a 3rd Party did do a wifi chip on a Treo-compatible battery....