1.    #1  
    For what it's worth, after struggling with multiple daily resets and freezes over the two years that I owned my Treo 650, I decided to switch to a different phone, a Samsung Sync. In the process, I needed to replace my SIM card with a new 3G version (since the Sync is 3G and the Treo 650 is not). Surprisingly, when I use the new 3G SIM in my Treo 650, it very infrequently resets--just two or three times in the last couple of months. I did not change anything else.

I know this is just anecdotal, but my Treo 650 would reset even in "stock" software configuration. Clearly, the SIM relates to reset problems because, early on, Cingular noted that there were problems requiring an upgrade to 64K SIM cards, and because at one point Palm issued new SIM tray covers for the Treo 650.

Therefore, if you're having problems with resets, I would advise you to go to a Cingular store and try to get a new 3G-capable SIM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ...or it was just needing a new sim card in general. Not necessarily a 3G card...