1.    #1  
    according to sprintusers, new PRL

anyone get it?

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...5&page=1&pp=15
    Thanks.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    How do you update the Sprint PRL? Mine is at 20225 right now...and is it the same for all Sprint phones? I ask because a friend lives in an area where it is nothing BUT roaming, and maybe a PRL update would help if there are new tower not on her phone list.
    Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by oloughlinc View Post
    How do you update the Sprint PRL? Mine is at 20225 right now...and is it the same for all Sprint phones? I ask because a friend lives in an area where it is nothing BUT roaming, and maybe a PRL update would help if there are new tower not on her phone list.
    Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

Call Sprint CS at *2, if there is an update for your phone it will automatically prompt you that it is ready. If not, you can attempt to get a CS rep to flag your phone for a PRL update. Consider yourself warned that only about 1 in 10 Sprint CS reps know what a PRL update is and that person still may not know how to actually flag your account to receive the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Call Sprint CS at *2, if there is an update for your phone it will automatically prompt you that it is ready. If not, you can attempt to get a CS rep to flag your phone for a PRL update. Consider yourself warned that only about 1 in 10 Sprint CS reps know what a PRL update is and that person still may not know how to actually flag your account to receive the update.
    Thanks, I called CS and the rep did flag my phone; i called right back and got the update to 20227. The convo with the rep took about 2 minutes - if that - so I must have gotten a good one.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    If you make a call directly to the data support folks, it will get done correctly the first time. That's my experience with the last two updates. Someone here suggested that and it works for me.

The data support number is:

1-866-588-9907
    I just called *2 and they told me that my phone (a 700wx with PRL 20224) didn't need a PRL update.

Now that may be. And my phone is working just fine, thanks. But gee whiz. If everyone else has 20227 then I want it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I just called *2 and they told me that my phone (a 700wx with PRL 20224) didn't need a PRL update.

Now that may be. And my phone is working just fine, thanks. But gee whiz. If everyone else has 20227 then I want it too.
    When I called, I told them I wanted a PRL update; she asked if I was having problems, and I told her I travel in heavy roaming areas, that my PRL was 20223 right now (fudged it a bit) and that I knew that Sprint had released 20227 on the 30th and that I would like it...she said OK, and flaggd my phone...it gave me the 20227 when I called *2 bck...try it that way.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Did this update download automatically? On the 30th my phone got jacked up. I would press the green phone button and the app would not pull up. If i called myself it would show the pic and the name. When i would awnser it would just show the home screen.. had to reset the phone and backup from a hotsync.
    Did this update break USB Modem via bluetooth for anyone? I swear, I was using USB Modem via bluetooth just 5 minutes before I got the update. I was connected, checking my email, then I disconnected, so that I could call Sprint and have them add an international option to my plan (going on vacation soon). The guy then mentioned there was an update for my phone, so I should dial *2. I did that, and received the update. I was never able to connect via bluetooth again after that. I haven't had a chance to try USB yet. I know some people say USB Modem + bluetooth is unreliable but I've used it a hundred times without problems......... until after this update.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    If you make a call directly to the data support folks, it will get done correctly the first time. That's my experience with the last two updates. Someone here suggested that and it works for me.

The data support number is:

1-866-588-9907
    Called that number and all was said and done. The rep didn't seem like he was havin a good time tho. Most likely getting a ton of calls for the update.

But thanks for the tip!
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Thanks for the tip...
    thank you. I called *2. voice said down load needed and to stay on line for a minute. I did. Then voice said I was done. Don't know what a difference it will make, but I have it loaded.
    I did the PRl update and since that Time I keep getting an issue (maybe 50% of the time) that saya that Service is unavailable in this area. I am in Miami and have never had an issue like this. Oddly if I try to reconnect immediately, it works about 90% of the time...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I did the PRl update and since that Time I keep getting an issue (maybe 50% of the time) that saya that Service is unavailable in this area. I am in Miami and have never had an issue like this. Oddly if I try to reconnect immediately, it works about 90% of the time...
    Same problem here with it quite often not being able to connect, but upon retrying immediately it always connects the second time.