1.    #1  
    This is what I get for being up early and tuning into TreoCentral. Got me good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    This is what I get for being up early and tuning into TreoCentral. Got me good too.
    LOL, got me as well. Not that I ever would have used it.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Go to Google and check out their home WiFi set up
    Almost as believable as releasing a firmware update for the 700P.
    They had me going for a moment too. I was thinking how nuts it was that they didn't just include it in the firmware update. Was also thinking how pissed 650 users were going to be at not being included!

I got through the article & was immediately about to text page a friend when I realized. Man.... hidden in the battery & pieces of Cobalt... that's just great & obvious in retrospect.

You got me good guys. You're just too, too cruel.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Thats cold guys, I was hoping that palm finally getting their act together but still no hopes and no firmware updates. I guess iphone it is...
    I was going to type a "is this released by a Bizarro Palm in the alternate universe" comment and then I realized what day it is.
    that is f'ed up. I was all happy too.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    As soon as I saw the headline, I knew it was April. Now how can we trust tc when the update is released..............

p.s. Don't poke the tiger....
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    In the back of my head (admitedly way...way...waaaaaaaaaay back) I was thinking how odd that there would be a confrence call on a Sunday. Duh. I totally didnt give it any thought as to April fools just that it was odd to have been on a weekend day, espicially Sunday.

Got me totally. Hook line and sinker.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I think part of our gullibility is our underlying desire to see Palm redeem themselves by finally coming through for the people who have built their company. Sort of like rooting for Darth Vader to come back to good side of the Force & redeem himself in Return of the Jedi. The Treocentral staff knows this all too well and used it to get us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I think part of our gullibility is our underlying desire to see Palm redeem themselves by finally coming through for the people who have built their company. Sort of like rooting for Darth Vader to come back to good side of the Force & redeem himself in Return of the Jedi. The Treocentral staff knows this all too well and used it to get us.
    Nah, it was just good fun - the 700p patch issue was the furthest thing from my mind. Let's not turn this into a Palm bashing session - IMO the 700p patch for the lag issues is coming soon.
    I specifically avoid forums, blogs, and news on April 1 just to save myself the embarrasment of buying one of these prank for even 1 second. Even if it's only 1 second in my head, I know I was 'gotten.'
    Of course here I am late on 4/1 lookin' to be had. But by now I figure all of these pranks have been busted wide open.
    Actually, It would have been funnier (and probably more realistic) if they had said:

"Palm releases WiFi patch for all Treo's EXCEPT the 700p"
    Don't see your article short. Realizing it or not, your prank tapped into some strong conflicts going on in the community. There are a lot of users who are aggravated with the way Palm has conducting itself in terms of producing what they promise to the point many are ready to leave Palm behind. On the other hand we are all hoping that Palm finally does something to dramtically surprise us & make things right again. That underlying hope is what got us, or at least me, hook, line & sinker. Well played good fellow! Bravo!