Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Oh no.. my Treo 650 keyboard is knackered!

I went for a bike ride with my Treo in my pocket, came back and the right hand side of the keyboard keeps putting in the letter 'i' no matter what button you press. Around the letter 'r' the keyboard light is flickering too.

Tried hard resetting etc but it's definitely a hardware fault. Haven't got a tool that can open the thing up either (what tool should it be?). And, I've just gone pay as you go so it's not covered by insurance!

Perhaps I'll have to buy the Treo 680
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ah ha! 45 minutes later I've fixed it. I filed a flat screwdriver down to the right size for the torque screws and took it to pieces. Just by removing the keyboard and playing about with it seems to have fixed it. Although it still flickers a bit!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Probably gave the KB a pretty hard bump and inverted one of the little sensors under the 'i' key. Juggling the keyboard (or relieving the pressure by removing the cover) probably caused it to go back to normal.

As for the flickering light, got me there. Must have been a pretty hard bump!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!