1.    #1  
    the april fool's joke about the wifi being built into all treo batteries demonstrates how pathetic palm is. all the things that we, as consumers, want... wifi. firmware update.... made into a practical joke.

but, jokes on you palm. you see, i'm getting a blackberry. see ya palm. your products suck. the sad thing? your financial report won't be a joke at all...
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by future_treo View Post
    the april fool's joke about the wifi being built into all treo batteries demonstrates how pathetic palm is. all the things that we, as consumers, want... wifi. firmware update.... made into a practical joke.

but, jokes on you palm. you see, i'm getting a blackberry. see ya palm. your products suck. the sad thing? your financial report won't be a joke at all...
    Great first post. < < Edit by Septimus > > .... Take your trolling elsewhere.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 04/06/2007 at 03:04 PM.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Great first post. < < Edit by Septimus > > .... Take your trolling elsewhere.
    Wow relax buddy!! this is a friendly forum, please don't attack new users like that I think it's very rude.

Anyway happy April fools anniversary TC users.
    (Remember last year we thought that the firmware would hit us any minute )
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 04/06/2007 at 03:04 PM.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

You know, I think the real april fools joke would be if they posted that Palm actually released the 700p firmware update and fixed every known bug/lag with the device to make it work how it was originally supposed to 10+ months ago.
    I'm not laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    Wow relax buddy!! this is a friendly forum, please don't attack new users like that I think it's very rude.

Anyway happy April fools anniversary TC users.
    (Remember last year we thought that the firmware would hit us any minute )
    Eh... in this case, the rxn prolly warranted... But I empathize with the disappointment with Palm...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    the strong reaction i got emphasizes the point that we've all been waiting for palm to release this update for much too long. in that sense, palm has pulled the biggest joke on us all... the 755p!
    My joke is I am going to buy a 755p. Yeah check is in the mail Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by future_treo View Post

um...wait until you get that blackberry...then we'll see who the joke is on. the 700p has issues for sure...but if you like the palm os and high speed internet on your phone, it's still the best phone out there.

if there is a better option, i'd love a recomendation. i have to have palm..have a keyboard built in and have evdo. is there something else out there i am missing?

with all these complaints about the 700p...there must be something out there with these options that does it better. my sprint contract is about to expire, so i would love to know what else is out there....besides a friggin blackberry!
    At this point that's kind of like saying, "George Bush has his problems for sure but who else were you going to vote for? John Kerry?" Maybe true but doesn't mean I should be happy with Bush as President.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Everyone's displeasure is mainly with Palm's support, or lack thereof. A lot of us will agree that the 700p maybe the best but it also should have had its problems fixed by Palm long ago.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    You know, I think the real april fools joke would be if they posted that Palm actually released the 700p firmware update and fixed every known bug/lag with the device to make it work how it was originally supposed to 10+ months ago.

Merlyn,

do you think that the lag will be fixed on the 755p? I've read before that the lag is still present on the 680. Basically the same hardware? I can't believe(yes I can that they are only giving us a 1.3 camera) Why cannot Palm be inovative? I guess the mystery device will be 2.0 mega pixels, wifi and the linux operating system. And of course make us buy two devices this year; one for summer and one for xmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    My joke is I am going to buy a 755p. Yeah check is in the mail Palm.
    The sad part is that I will buy the 755p if it works like the 650 after the rom updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    um...wait until you get that blackberry...then we'll see who the joke is on. the 700p has issues for sure...but if you like the palm os and high speed internet on your phone, it's still the best phone out there.

if there is a better option, i'd love a recomendation. i have to have palm..have a keyboard built in and have evdo. is there something else out there i am missing?

with all these complaints about the 700p...there must be something out there with these options that does it better. my sprint contract is about to expire, so i would love to know what else is out there....besides a friggin blackberry!

I tried the "Q" and did not like the software. Wouldn't that be a healthy phone if "Access" released their software on the "Q" with touch screen ect.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    I coudn't agree with this more. I have had every version of the Treo since its introduction. I've had the Q as well. Right now I have a 700p and can't believe they would release a phone with so many Bluetooth problems. I'm Pretty happy with it otherwise, even considering the lag. If there were something better (on Verizon) that had the form of the Treo, I'd buy it.

Speaking of lag, if you haven't used a Motorola Q, then you truly have not experienced lag. I got rid of the Q for that very reason. It was obscene, to say the least.
    I've had my 700P since October. My bluetooth problems went away when I stopped turning off bluetooth. My phone problems went away on it's own. Pretty much all of my problems went away after I started doing daily soft resets.

The lack of wifi means nothing to me because I have an unlimited data plan, so I don't need it.

For those who are so angry at palm but still plan to buy the next version of the Treo, why on earth should palm fix the 700?
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    I agree. Everyone should know about the problems...if you dont like palm...go with something else ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I'm had the same experience... bought a 700p in October.

BLUETOOTH
    I leave the BT on and 95% of my pairing problems have go away. (Switching between a TOMTOM and BT Palm Headset.) Now only occasionally do I have to re-pair (say 1 out 20).

REBOOTS
    Maybe once a week, my 650 was notorious for reboots. I honestly have to say my 700p is MORE stable. If I do have a reboot it is usually from a audio or video file or VFSSTP.

My top used programs are ChatterMail, Messaging, FontSmoother, TMP, pTunes, AvantGo, TomTom, and VFSFTP (in that order).

I'll skip the 755p, I spent the $30 at MyTreo.net to elimante the antenna. Best money spent. I haven't had a "yard sale" with my treo since.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GhengisEEK; 04/09/2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Typo