1.    #1  
    After having horrible battery problems with my Treo 680, I was elated to find the new Seidio Extended Battery for it at the PalmOne store in Atlanta's airport. I bought it, charged it that evening and started using it the following day.

The "humpback" cover adds about a quarter of an inch to the thickness of the 680 but it still fits great in my Palm horizontal leather holster with the magnetic closure. However, the cover does not securely "click" into place and simply sits on the back. Every time I take the 680 out of its holster or even pick it up from my desk, the cover comes off. I've written Seidio about this and will report back if and when I hear from them. Short of super-glueing it in place, the only way to keep it on is to use a rubber band which is a huge pain in the ****.

Other than this very annoying problem and defect, I love the new battery... it lasts even longer than the one in my old Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    After having horrible battery problems with my Treo 680, I was elated to find the new Seidio Extended Battery for it at the PalmOne store in Atlanta's airport. I bought it, charged it that evening and started using it the following day.

The "humpback" cover adds about a quarter of an inch to the thickness of the 680 but it still fits great in my Palm horizontal leather holster with the magnetic closure. However, the cover does not securely "click" into place and simply sits on the back. Every time I take the 680 out of its holster or even pick it up from my desk, the cover comes off. I've written Seidio about this and will report back if and when I hear from them. Short of super-glueing it in place, the only way to keep it on is to use a rubber band which is a huge pain in the ****.

Other than this very annoying problem and defect, I love the new battery... it lasts even longer than the one in my old Treo 650.
    Hmmmm...I'd like to know if this is a common glitch too, since I was going to order the extended battery/battery cover for my 680 the first part of next week. I also have the Palm horizontal leather holster/pouch and like it...but if the back cover falls off each time I take the phone out...

...I am having second thoughts.
    I have the extended battery as well. The door does not 'click' like the original but mine does stay on. I also use the same leather case, works well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I too had this issue. But I did get Seidio to send me a new door.

First one wouldn't latch or stay on. Second one has been just fine. Check the "rivets" that hold the latch in place. You'll see that they are "rounded" If you then look at the door that came with your phone you will see that those are "hollow". They must have gotten a bad batch, and unfortunately some of those bad doors are still out there.

Stay after them. They should send you a new door.
    I was just going to start a thread asking about these batteries tonight, glad to see one started....
    I too am thinking of getting one of the extended batteries. But several things are holding me back. I was hoping some of you that had this battery could help me out..

1. Does it really make a huge difference in how long it last?? How long are you going between charges?

2. I had found a million pictures of that battery itself, but can't seem to find any pics of the 680 with the battery in it, billwill had mentioned it only adds 1/4 inch. I could live with that, I just didn't know how big this thing actually was, for all I knew, it doubled the thickness of the phone.
    Does anyone have any pictures they could post of a 680 with the 2400 battery in it?

3.Now the cover problem is added, like davistld01 said, I really would like one of these, but if the cover is that bad, I would definitely have 2nd thoughts of getting it also. Maybe billwill has just gotten a bad one??? or is this a very common problem with the covers??
    Last edited by ILBandit; 03/31/2007 at 11:48 PM.
    Actually, I was going to go the full-boat and get the Seidio rubberized case for the extended battery/cover also...so I guess if the cover fits poorly, it wouldn't matter that much if I had the cover on it as well.

But, I really don't want to buy an ill-fitting product at all. Even if it'll be covered up...it's still bogus if it doesn't fit properly.
    I broke down and purchased my seidio extended battery a few days ago. I also went ahead and purchased the slim rubberized case as well. I so far have no problem with the battery door. It doesn't make a clicking sound when I put it on but it slides into place fine and stays on (I tugged on it a few times to check stability and seems ok). But what I can say is DAMN! 2 full days with bluetooth on, IR on, & phone on still haven't recharged it!!!!! Chabam no battery issue here now
    Is this the one you bought?

http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--1935.htm

2 days??? w/ B.T. on??? Wow, sounds good to me, that's twice as much as I can do right now, without the BT on.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 04/01/2007 at 01:01 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    Is this the one you bought?

http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--1935.htm

2 days??? w/ B.T. on??? Wow, sounds good to me, that's twice as much as I can do right now, without the BT on.

Yup thats the one I bought. I bought it through the seidio site and the hump in the back actually isn't that bad. I thought it would be annoying and maybe a serious eye sore, but with the slim rubberized case it looks pretty good and gives you a good grip while on a call .
    Thanks for the responses, that helps alot. A picture definately say's a thousand words!
    I believe I'll be getting one soon.