1.    #1  
    Hi,

Background first: I used to use ShadowMite's Rom tool before Sprint changed the rules or something to that effect.

Shadowmite came out with a different way of customizing the Rom and it seemed more difficult to use and I backed off and just lived without doing all the customizing.

I then saw a thread called 'Custom Rom - The Easy Way' located at:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=rom

I download that Rom tool and clearly it was different from the older ShadowMite's.

I have yet to study the documentation to learn how to use that tool and will being doing that in the next week or so (I need more space on my Treo finally, so I am forced to get back to customizing).

So the question is: which tool is the best and easiest to use. I am a techie but since I've never used either of these new tools, I just want to play things safe.

Which tool do most people use my basic question?

A follow-up question:

Is there any experienced user that does these custom Rom's willing to let me talk (by voice) to them (either I call them or they call me) to give me a 5 minute (maybe a few mintues more) lesson to guide me through the process.

This way the first time around, I will have someone to lean on to help me learn the process so I don't screw things up. I think after that one time lesson I will be OK.

As I said, I will be reading the docs on the Rom tool listed in the link above which is not shadowmite's tool. If everyone feels that I really should be using shadowmite's please let me know.

Thanks for your input and help.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

RomTool is the way to go. You can't really mess up your phone. Just make sure to make a backup before you start.

Start here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...3&d=1143559945
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS