1.    #1  
    New release with some fixes/ improvements:

http://www.iambic.com/emailssl/palmos/

What's new in version 5.31
    Improvements:

* Addressed duplication of e-mail items occurring for some IMAP accounts after wireless synchronization when these messages were moved to custom folders
    * Improved recognition and display of certain type of HTML messages which previously Blazer was failing to display
    * Corrected situation where message bodies and header were getting mix-matched after having moved a message to a sub-folder when saving to the memory card
    * Corrected inability to send photos from the built-in photo viewer on some devices
    * Corrected inability to save SMS drafts on non-Treo devices
    * Addressed unexpected deletion of files that were sent as attachments in messages after using 'Reset Message Storages'.
    * Resolved stability issue occurring when trying to use 'Send Page Address' from Blazer with Agendus Mail set as the default messaging application
    * Resolved stability issue occurring when using Tap/Hold->Reply on SMS messages
    * Corrected Agendus Mail sending plain text authenication despite the account being set to use SSL occurring in certain conditions
    * Corrected inability to send messages using certain type of SMTP servers requiring SSL and authentication
    * Added ability to manually refresh folder list from the Manage Folders dialog
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    When is the next Agendus coming? Working on 12 and charging another $10ish for it, I'm sure..
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I think v12 is getting close, with enough new features to justify the usual $9.95 update. Gotta pay programmers and iambic's updates cost far less than most of the other apps out there! One always has the option to decide the new features aren't worth $10 and pass.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Yep, and people complain about yearly fees.. Agendus might as well do that. Sure, they can pass on the upgrade. But then they wouldn't get the bug fixes that the major release fixes. erm, sometimes.

The latest version of 11 has been working pretty well I must admit. Lot better than 10 ever did.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, the way it works is that bug fixes is a linear, ongoing affair. Parallel to that, developers are coding and testing new features. When they are deemed ready, they go into "the next build," and it is labeled a new major release, i.e. 12.0. I don't know of anyone, at least in the Palm SW world, that continues to produce minor updates (bug fixes) to older versions. All future bug fixes are in the latest build.

Another option, and before joining the iambic team, is what I did, is to participate in the public beta and receive a free update, if you contribute significantly. I did that for several versions. iambic is very generous on this, IMHO.

Glad you're enjoying and pleased with 11.1
    IMO everyone is on the beta test team, especially in 10.x.. 11.x was fairly tame.

We'll see what 12 offers.. Maybe it's more modular.
  7.    #7  
    During 10.x is when Palm introduced it's NVFS memory management OS change (5.4), which caused havoc to many developers, iambic included. In fairly short order, iambic got a handle on what NVFS does and demands from an application. So again I agree with you, just giving background "reasons." 11.x was tamer and you can probably expect 12.x to be even more so as NVFS understanding matures.
    wellsjs, have you tested agendus 12? I particpated in the 11 beta but I wasn't invited to test the 12 (i am not sure if a 12 is being beta tested I am assuming based on your comments)
    Treoing & Loving it
  9.    #9  
    Management has not notified us "iFTMers" about the status / whether or not there will be a beta of v12, only that it will be fairly soon. Wish I had more info, but that's all I've got.
    I can't bear to be without chatter
    Fred
    Cingular 680