Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've heard so much about Splash ID and have it on my to try. Somehow it just doesnt feel right. It has limited fields for one and the price is steep.

Not very sure about Datashields but al least there are more fields available but it just doesnt seem!!!!!!

Then theres Adarian ID. Not a name that is popular to be heard. Featurewise it has lots of fields and can do a backup on the card. Copying SplashID data over was compatible so it was a breeze to set up. Other then that it seems intuitive.

So would appreciate if somebody can suggest which is better from thier own experience
    I like RoboForm. Primarily for PC, but all of the data is transferred to my Treo
    DataShield... It does not have the pretty faces of some of the others, but on the plus side, it has a Windows PC software to sync-up and is fully customizable.

The things I'd like to see are: hot links (phone numbers, websites...) and slightly better view management (it's confusing).
    I use full version of Slash ID which includes the desktop app. works well for me.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I've used SplashID for several years (including the desktop component) and am quite happy with it. I consider it to be on my shortlist of essential apps.
    I evaluated a number of password keepers a month or so ago including all of the ones mentioned above. I was looking for a replacement for MemoSafe. I chose DataShield because of it's flexibility, options, price, and PC component. Also, I thought it looked good. But of course that's always personal.

So far I'm quite satisfied.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Have you tried Passwords Plus, from DataViz? I THINK I tried SplashID, and a few others (not the ones mentioned) and found Passwords Plus to be great. It also has a desktop companion, for both Windows and Mac OS X.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you all for the prompt reply. I really appreacite it.
    I had Handysafe on my E61 and it has a Desktop counter part. I liked this so much and it was so much better than Palms Splash ID. Sadly they dont make them for Palms.
    Still, pls keep the suggestions coming in.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i've used crypbox for years, is is easy to use and inexpensive.
    http://software.palminfocenter.com/product.asp?id=336
    morris stalk
    For what it's worth, Passwords Plus was my second choice (after DataShield). Then SplashID. I really wanted to like Adrian ID but it didn't make the final cut. Sorry, but I can't remember why. I didn't keep notes. However, selections like these are very personal. Once you get past the basic requirements, it really comes down to how it feels and works for you. I think I evaluated about 9 or 10 different apps and made the cut down to 3 in a couple of hours.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  11.    #11  
    Just tested crypbox and honestly it was too simple. I could not add more fields to it so its of the list.
    I will test Password Plus Later.

Splash ID is also striked out, it is limited to 7 fields. Not much room for expansion.

Robo form, will look into that too
    Back when I bought SplashID, DataShield did not have a desktop component. That was a disqualifier on my needs list. Can't say that I've tried the others. SplashID meets my needs . . . I rarely use the 7 fields given (and you can rename them anything you want).

Surprised no one has mentioned encryption! To my knowledge, DataShield would win the best encryption technology, while SplashID probably wins the GUI feature. Not enough going on here to make me ante up another purchase for the same functionality!

In closing, Robo Form (I use and love) is not even in the same category. It is for quick form fill of web-based forms with saved info, primarily passwords and credit card info . . . makes it quick and easy to buy on the web . . . I wouldn't live without it, but it doesn't do MOST of what SplashID, DataShield, et al do, and that's store all sorts of info . . . about 30 some odd categories, and if that's not enough, you can create your own categories and name the fields.

Hope this helps!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Another vote for SplashID here. I've used it for about a year now and have no complaints.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I've used SplashID for a long time and really like the GUI. The security is also adequate for my needs. If I were starting from scratch I would give Datashield a close look though.

If there are any security experts here, I'd love to see a description in layman's terms about the SplashID encryption (256-bit Blowfish) and that of Datashield (AES standard Rijndael algorithm). For example, is 256-bit Blowfish so difficult to crack that the Datashield method is overkill?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Robo Form (I use and love)
    Are you using the Palm version as well? On the Roboform site:

http://www.roboform.com/palm.html

is the following:

"**NOT supported due to known problems**
    Palm Treo 650p
    Palm Treo 700p
    Palm LifeDrive"

Cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  16.    #16  
    Just tested Dataviz. Lots of candy icons like Splash. I found setting up and data input rather stiff or lets say rigid. Importing data is not that friendly either.

Password Plus works very similarly like Handy safe. Importing Data was good and has much more flexibility. Sadly cant set alarms unlike that in Dataviz .

As for Adarian ID, surprising it is the easiest to set up. Importing Data was very good.alarms can be set but only by a single date unlike Dataviz alarm that can be set by day,week or mth etc.

All three does encryption in one way or another. But who gives the strongest, beats me! Any idea how to test thier encryption?

Then theres about who is the big player out there which counts alot for future backup n updates. Password and Dataviz certaintly will be there for all reason .
    As for Adarian i'm not too sure. But despite that, i have found to like Adarian amongst all the others. It simply is so flexible any easy to use.
    If one is too lazy to follow the rigid fixed field format one can just dump in what ever you like in no form factor.I am inclined to settle for Adarian but am i taking a risk for no future support cos its not one of the big players?

I'm going to try info plus,probably is the last one worth trying .
    If you like free-form entry, you might also check out Secret at linkesoft.com.

Marc
    As to future updates/support, SplashID loses. It appears SplashData is just about out of business. Last update of any product was March 2006 and that was very, very minor, so you have to go back to 2005 for anything worth mentioning. Maybe someone will buy them out and keep their products going . . . like iambic! (they've already sold their products). Therefore, if buying today, I would probably go with DataShield.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  19.    #19  
    Just tested info safe. Its just as bad. I would rank it with splash ID.

Next to try,Secrets
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Are you using the Palm version as well? On the Roboform site:

http://www.roboform.com/palm.html

is the following:

"**NOT supported due to known problems**
    Palm Treo 650p
    Palm Treo 700p
    Palm LifeDrive"

Cheers
    No, until you can actually use it, i.e. pop data into forms, I see it as only containing a subset of what I store in SplashID. Not much use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast