Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was thinking about upgrading to a new SD card to replace my almost 3 year 1 gig. What's the best way to do this? Should I get a card reader and just copy the files to my PC or should I do it from 680 itself? I did a quick search and did not come up with much.

Any advice is appreciated!
    what i do is use activesync and just copy all the contents from the card to a folder on my pc. a card reader is just going to do the same. your treo is kind of just a card reader.

then with the new card in the treo copy everthing back on to it.

hope this helps, cody
    The 680 doesn't use activesync. Hotsync won't work for this. I use 2 card readers and just copy everything from one card to the other. If you only habve one reader you can get the Card Reader program for your Treo and do the same thing.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Or, if you only have one card reader:

1. Copy the contents of the original card to a new, empty folder on the PC.

2. Take the old card out, put in the new.

3. Copy the new folder contents to the new card.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Sounds good. I'll try it.

btw, what sd cards do you all recommend? I am looking at something in 2 to 4 gig range.

Thanks!
    Sandisk is always a safe bet.

Transcend has also worked out well for me.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

can the 680 support a 4gig sd card?
    Officially 2GB. But 4GB and 8GB cards are working for many here. I have a 4GB card working just fine.

i have 8GB Toshiba card and 8GB Transcend (slower)