1.    #1  
    Alright, alright, I finally cobbled together a fix. Mapquest is no longer supported. Everything about maps and directions now goes through Google. The map type preference has been removed.

Also, I've added a Clear and Contacts button to the Map Query screen. They work just like their Directions counterparts. This screen will also allow 3-letter airport codes as well (in the address field), though there is no validation or lookup button. If I get to feeling charitable, I may add them...

Please let me know of any funky things that show up in the directions. I know I've got to correct one for northern locations that has extraneous text for a seasonal closing style.

home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA.prc
    Last edited by rlwhitt; 03/30/2007 at 07:43 PM.
    Thanks Rick!!! I've been lost without DA
    Tks Rick,
    I'lll give it a go.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Thank you very much! So far its working great.
    Hot d@mn! Directions work again! You the man Rick!!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Ok Rick, so far so good.
    Residential look up works.
    Business look up works
    Driving Directions works
    Reverse Query works (of course still no name displays)
    Maps works

Great job Rick
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    will try it out, love this app !
    Why doesn't a name display on reverse query? That would be the main reason I use reverse. Currently I use it then get the address and then put the address in a reverse query to get the name.
    Thanks, Rick!! Seems pretty solid so far!
  10.    #10  
    It's a bug at m.yp.com. You can go there in a browser and manually do a lookup and see what I mean.

I agree it's pretty useless as it is. I've mentioned this to them but got no reply. You might want to email their contact info as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Why doesn't a name display on reverse query? That would be the main reason I use reverse. Currently I use it then get the address and then put the address in a reverse query to get the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post
    Alright, alright, I finally cobbled together a fix. Mapquest is no longer supported. Everything about maps and directions now goes through Google. The map type preference has been removed.

Also, I've added a Clear and Contacts button to the Map Query screen. They work just like their Directions counterparts. This screen will also allow 3-letter airport codes as well (in the address field), though there is no validation or lookup button. If I get to feeling charitable, I may add them...

Please let me know of any funky things that show up in the directions. I know I've got to correct one for northern locations that has extraneous text for a seasonal closing style.

home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA.prc
    Woke to your e-mail on the Treo. Clicked on the url. Downloaded directly and correctly to the Treo. Seems to work like a charm. Swift too.

Thanks, again. Small donation to follow.
    How does this app compare with google maps. What are some of the differences?
    They are completely different.. One is maps, one of them is a mobile phone directory.
    It's a bug at m.yp.com. You can go there in a browser and manually do a lookup and see what I mean.

I agree it's pretty useless as it is. I've mentioned this to them but got no reply. You might want to email their contact info as well.
    Thanks for the info and the great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    They are completely different.. One is maps, one of them is a mobile phone directory.
    True. Mobile or otherwise, it is a very good directory. Having looked up something, DA makes it easy to dial it, copy it to your directory, map it, or get directions to or from it.

Google maps is pretty good at finding a business address and mapping it. DA is good for that but will also find and map residential addresses. Google will dial a business phone number for you but DA is equally good for residences.
    thanks rick ! great work buddy
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  17.    #17  
    I've added Airport code lookup and validation to the Map query screen.

Rick

Hello,

Is it possible to cut/paste the address into an address reverse query? That would at least be a useful workaround.

TIA
    I've added Airport code lookup and validation to the Map query screen.

Rick
    Lookup was easy; Google supports airport codes as arguments. Validation, on the other hand, that was clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    True. Mobile or otherwise, it is a very good directory. Having looked up something, DA makes it easy to dial it, copy it to your directory, map it, or get directions to or from it.

Google maps is pretty good at finding a business address and mapping it. DA is good for that but will also find and map residential addresses. Google will dial a business phone number for you but DA is equally good for residences.
    Oh, both are excellent for their individual features IMO. I use both. And Earthcomber too, especially now that they have even MORE local data available than before in the current beta.