Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. e2chris's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #1  
    No update? No more business from me.
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 03/30/2007 at 10:22 AM. Reason: language
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  2. brad75204's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #2  
    I second that. I have done business with you in the past on 5 devices. You refuse to support me now, so i refuse to support you. You wont loose sleep over it and neither will I. Good bye Palm...RIP
  3. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #3  
    Never buying again.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    No update? No more business from me.
    did i miss something? has the update been canceled?
  5. #5  
    I'm giving the 700p a shot. Sold my 650 a while back to try to get myself a "regular" cell phone but I just couldn't do it.

    I'll see how that works out for me, but if not, I'm done with Palm unless they pull their heads out soon and start actually doing something rather than just releasing essentially the same product every 12 months.

    I may try the Motorola Q, but I really don't like Windows mobile.

    So it looks like Blackberry may be my only option.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    I'm giving the 700p a shot. Sold my 650 a while back to try to get myself a "regular" cell phone but I just couldn't do it.

    I'll see how that works out for me, but if not, I'm done with Palm unless they pull their heads out soon and start actually doing something rather than just releasing essentially the same product every 12 months.

    I may try the Motorola Q, but I really don't like Windows mobile.

    So it looks like Blackberry may be my only option.
    i looked at the blackberry too...but they charge $59 (or somewhere along those lines) for something i get for free (e-mail).
  7. #7  
    The 600 was a big upgrade from previous. The 650 was a nice upgrade as well especially the screen.

    The 700p was a big upgrade due to EVDO mainly plus some minor things.

    The 755p? No antenna. And no idea why i'd consider it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    i looked at the blackberry too...but they charge $59 (or somewhere along those lines) for something i get for free (e-mail).
    With who?

    The Verizon rep I spoke to said the data plan was the same and it included the Blackberry Internet Service (vzw.blackberry.net email address with direct push).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    With who?

    The Verizon rep I spoke to said the data plan was the same and it included the Blackberry Internet Service (vzw.blackberry.net email address with direct push).
    with sprint...data plans are $25 and less depending on the plan. to get blackberry push e-mail, a sepate account was required ($59)...i was told that anyway.

    i use chattermail with the treo, which is much better for me...especially with the summary view which groups all of my mailboxes into one folder.
  10. #10  
    And then there are those of us who have had exceedingly few problems with their 700p after working out the problems.

    Ben
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And then there are those of us who have had exceedingly few problems with their 700p after working out the problems.

    Ben

    Maybe there should be a new forum titled: Unhappy with Palm. That way, all the negative posts can be in one, easy-to-find forum.
  12. #12  
    I've been a loyal user since the 600, but now I'm done being a beta tester for palm. Whats even worse, I paid for the Privilege. They couldn't get myself or my clients back as buyers, after all who does business with liars?
    Blackberry at least does what it advertises.
  13. #13  
    I have learned that devices last about 2 years. The 700p is a reasonably good device. I bought the device when it was announced and paid through the nose, because of Palm's reputation for upgrades and support. Unfortunately, that reputation has been lost. Will I stay with Palm, I don't know. I can't defend and promote a product that has failed to deal with its devices. I don't know what will be the next device that is orphaned. However, even if Palm supported this 100% - I think the Palm OS is questionable. I am being pushed by my company to use the Blackberry. I will start looking to buy a new device next year. The promise that Palm once had has dimmed. I just keep dealing with the issues, hope for an update and look at this issue in a year.

    Mark
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
  14. #14  
    the 700p at it's worst is still betterf or me than anyting else out there that i have been able to find. as long as this update eventually does arrive...i'll end up keeping mine another year. 2 years would bethe longest i have had a phone in a long time.

Posting Permissions