Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    "right on...at least someone gets it...some of you are just a little to gump. palm has been clear they are going after everyday users with thenew models...not power users..imagine that... acompany trying to make a profit."

imagine that, a company run by folks who put tiny little improvements in their phones for their suckers out there to snap up for $400 every year! perfect profit. go for it, dude! gump it up, forrest. gump it up!!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    "right on...at least someone gets it...some of you are just a little to gump. palm has been clear they are going after everyday users with thenew models...not power users..imagine that... acompany trying to make a profit."

imagine that, a company run by folks who put tiny little improvements in their phones for their suckers out there to snap up for $400 every year! perfect profit. go for it, dude! gump it up, forrest. gump it up!!
    One solution
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post

I can tell you for a FACT that Im not buying any other palms until I see reason to upgrade. If I find that the iphone meets my needs with decent battery life, Ill go with their product. If I see some other pocket pc which qualifies, I will make the switch.

As far as shutting up, I see no reason why I shouldnt voice my opinion freely here in addition to refusing to buy palm devices. The fanboys have no problem justifying palm`s incremental improvement strategy, I have no qualms about dejustifying it.
    I can tell you for a FACT that Im not buying any other palms until I see reason to upgrade. If I find that the iphone meets my needs with decent battery life, Ill go with their product. If I see some other pocket pc which qualifies, I will make the switch.

As far as shutting up, I see no reason why I shouldnt voice my opinion freely here in addition to refusing to buy palm devices. The fanboys have no problem justifying palm`s incremental improvement strategy, I have no qualms about dejustifying it.
    I agree when it comes to voicing your opinion and people should continue to do so, but when they take it personal and act like their girl friend cheated on them over the issues with Palm then its time to move on...I don't love Palm so much where I can't let go and want answers so deeply to why she did me wrong.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    cheating girlfriend? Its just voicing opinions on things. big deal. you and every other joe do it every frickin day around here.. take a look at the iphone forum or the off-topic forum- I'd say your 'lil ole dr phil bit here would probably be more suitable for certain individuals over there, eh?. Lol
    Take a look at some of the folks here with 4000 - 10,000 posts to their names there, stewie. I think THEY'D be the ones you might have this little "move on" chat with, dude.

And now that you mention girlfriends, from the post counts of some folks and the amount of time they probably spend here, it would appear they spend more time HERE than WITH their significant others - if indeed they've got them!!

Funny how true the saying: Do as I say, not as I do. Lol.
    Last edited by vw2002; 04/08/2007 at 01:37 AM.
    cheating girlfriend? Its just voicing opinions on things. big deal. you and every other joe do it every frickin day around here.. take a look at the iphone forum or the off-topic forum- I'd say your 'lil ole dr phil bit here would probably be more suitable for certain individuals over there, eh?. Lol
    Take a look at some of the folks here with 4000 - 10,000 posts to their names there, stewie. I think THEY'D be the ones you might have this little "move on" chat with, dude.

And now that you mention girlfriends, from the post counts of some folks and the amount of time they probably spend here, it would appear they spend more time HERE than WITH their significant others - if indeed they've got them!!

On my spare time I squable on three different topic forums. I am Married and admit when my wife and kid are out and I am on the computer for work or play I log in and post for periods like this, but mostly drive by posts for the last 4 months and then I log off and tend to my life. I don't let these issues get me in an uproar sence I don't love or spend so much time with my Treo, I just like to screw around on the forums...Look how defensive Treo lovers get becasue of my latter post...enough said. I am no power user and more of a mid user and most of the time at home my Treo is somewhere where I am not. I do most of my work on my notebook and my Treo is just an extention so that is why I post on different forums when I am on my notebook and have compiled 400-10,000 "Posts". I will let you vw20002 figure out the issues or call Sinclair all day and file a class action law suit against Palm while I drive by a number of posts log off, throw my Treo on the kitchen table and go tend to my life and if I check the forums periodically from day to day, the prodical son will have all the answers for me.
    Last edited by KStewart; 04/08/2007 at 08:58 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    look how defensive? amusing. you are the one who initiated this little session. if you could care less, why bother getting involved? Why post your latest response if YOU weren't defensive after what I responded with? very funny, dude.
    why assume the role of everyone's father here, pop? its just a forum. forums are for trading views and perspectives. that's what they're here for. Now you're going to come in here and tell people what they should post about or when to move on?

get over yourself. how self- important are we that we think we must intervene on what people want to say on an internet forum!

tell you what, save your dr phil babble for your wife and kids, k? enough said.
    look how defensive? amusing. you are the one who initiated this little session. if you could care less, why bother getting involved? Why post your latest response if YOU weren't defensive after what I responded with? very funny, dude.
    why assume the role of everyone's father here, pop? its just a forum. forums are for trading views and perspectives. that's what they're here for. Now you're going to come in here and tell people what they should post about or when to move on?

get over yourself. how self- important are we that we think we must intervene on what people want to say on an internet forum!

tell you what, save your dr phil babble for your wife and kids, k? enough said.
    Not defensive, not Dr Phil, nobodies father...just an azzhole. BTW, Happy Easter.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Thanks! Happy Easter to you and your family as well.
    For me, I would love a new Treo WITHOUT A KEYBOARD!

Should be a no-brainer:

Take lifedrive
    Lose the HD
    Install phone hardware

And make it with the original Grafitti, since Palm overturned that lawsuit.

Oh, and simultaneous voice and data.

There should seriously be a bigger screen, more memory, apps unbundled from the ROM, more powerful IR, and a better camera by now. The 755p is a let down.
    Must have keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post

Should be a no-brainer:

Take lifedrive
    Lose the HD
    Install phone hardware

Oh, and simultaneous voice and data.

There should seriously be a bigger screen, more memory, apps unbundled from the ROM, more powerful IR, and a better camera by now. The 755p is a let down.

Maybe that is the "Mystery Device"
    Keyboard. Me want it.
    I have my 650 which is literally falling apart. I'm waiting to see how good of a deal I can get on the 700p, or if I should get the 755p... depending on if it's just a form factor difference.

Either way, I'm excited to get something new, since I've had this 650 for over two years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post

Should be a no-brainer:

Take lifedrive
    Lose the HD
    Install phone hardware

Hear hear!
    Me no want QWERTY either... A complete waste of surface area (for me) which would be better used for screen area and/or dialpad with real buttons for one-handed use. If you have Graffiti, why do you need a QWERTY ?

I'd actually rather have a flip Palm, but would consider a PalmV/m505 shaped Palm phone. Actually the HTC P3300 is pretty close to this except of course it runs WM-PPC. But it does do Graffiti, has no QWERTY and is thin-nish (not a brick like a Treo).

Why does Palm need 66% more thick-as-a-brick-ness than Samsung (Blackjack), Moto (Q) or HTC (S620/DASH) and TWO extra ounces to make essentially the same QWERTY phone ? (And the Treo doesn't even have Wifi like the Dash/S620 does...) And these other QWERTY Smartphones all have better battery life (so you can't use bigger battery as the excuse)... So you say, start with a Lifedrive, I say even that is too thick... the ancient PalmV and m505 were 12-13mm thick just like the Blackjack, Q and Dash. Did Palm forget how to build svelte devices ?

Palm, "one trick Treo"...
    Wow we've done a complete turn-around here. I remember when they first put a keyboard on these Treos, people wanted more of it. Now people don't want the keyboard? What's going on here? I like the keyboard. Even with these Treos' small keyboards I can type faster than I can write with graffiti or the block recognizer thing in WM.
    heck yea... I'll take keyboard over anything else.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    No Hide -n- slide either.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Wow we've done a complete turn-around here. I remember when they first put a keyboard on these Treos, people wanted more of it. Now people don't want the keyboard? What's going on here? I like the keyboard. Even with these Treos' small keyboards I can type faster than I can write with graffiti or the block recognizer thing in WM.
    Besides that, a keyboard is very important for one-handed usage.