Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    *rant on* your kidding Palm. Even if it does include these items reported on BGR "instant messaging, native voice dialing and mobile voice control are some of the included standard features" or a 1.3MP camera with still no flash, that is not enough to make me want to pay any more to sprint or you for this thing.

I have had a 600, 650 and a 700 and i have to say that is where the road ends. we have basically seen the same phone with minor revisions time and time again. The 700p while having the faster EV-DO i love does not make up for a phone that randomly resets, refuses to sometimes charge, generally does not like 3rd party software (which is lacking in fresh development also)

i hate to say but blackberry and moto are not having a hard time catching up to treo's as of late... nothings really changed. and even as a mac user WM6 is looking more attractive than the palm OS! *rant off*
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    the windows treos arent much better, its Palm that is doing this re-releasing of old phones, nothing to do with which OS really. Prob next is a 755w same deal as the 700wx, just a different housing. Guess im sticking with my Q or getting a PCC 6800. Palm has lost my business for a while till they show me something new
    (Slightly OT) Actually, the general consensus is that the WM Palms are very nice devices. Not cutting edge, but their work on the WM OS is very impressive and almost everyone acknowledges that fact.

When they do come out with a "Treo 755wx" or whatever it will have more significant changes:

1) 320x320 resolution (finally)
    2) WM6 Professional (which entails the above resolution)
    3) EvDO RevA (most likely, since WM can handle it easy enough)

If they upgrade to BT 2.0 and use the MS Stack (now with built in A2DP) even I'd go and buy that device.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm with you Mal, I developed a serious 'allergy' to the Treo's antenna recently so the lopping of it, in addition to the big changes you listed (if they do come to fruition, you never know with Palm) would have me considering coming back from qwerty Smartphone-ville.
    pathetic but expected. 1.3 megapixel in 2007??? NO FLASH??? I mean what in the hell is going on here? pathetic
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its probably built on the 680 shell, meaning a full SD slot, unless the EVDO radio is also large, which would imply a miniSD slot.

Surur
    Pretty sure from the back image it is the 750 not the 680, SD Door is different and stylus nub is the 750 not the 680.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

You know,the more I lurk around message boards, the more I'm convinced some people just need a place to complain and gripe about anything. Maybe everybody else saw something I didn't, but the article I saw was noticeably light on details, so how about we wait and actually see the 755p before pronouncing it trash.

That said, I wouldn't expect a major revision, as it's not taking a jump in model number (755 versus an 800 or 900). Still, for minor revision, removing the antenna and making it markedly lighter and easier to grip would be decent improvements.

JMHO

Gargoyle
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    pathetic but expected. 1.3 megapixel in 2007??? NO FLASH??? I mean what in the hell is going on here? pathetic
    I think you are all looking at this from the wrong perspective. I dont think this is meant to be an upgrade for 700p users, your device will come in october. This is more of getting the 700p up to date interms of form factor in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoylejps View Post
    That said, I wouldn't expect a major revision, as it's not taking a jump in model number
    You mean, like the major revision going from the 650 to the 700, since thats a jump in model number?

Let's face it, the only ones capable of any innovation were Handspring, who as a smaller company developed the Treo 600 with a much smaller R&D budget than Palm. Palm buys them back, and then just keeps releasing incremental upgrades, why is that any surprise.

I really do wish that Handspring was still separate. That being said, I like the form factor of the Treo as is, and think getting rid of the antenna on the 700p is the only really form factor related change I find necessary. However, Palm really should stick to SDHC, we're just starting to get 8GB cards, and I'd hate to have to jump back to 2GB cards in mini or micro SD (not to mention the fact I already have 5 different SD cards that are compatible with all my devices.)
    Also, it looks like the rumor about voice control at least is true, if you look at the button in the picture that says Get Nuance. If you're interested in trying it out,

http://www.nuance.com/voicecontrol/s...00p/downloads/

It works great, even letting you send emails of up to twenty words using voice control. I didn't see a text message option though.

In the FAQ it mentions not working over bluetooth. I'd be willing to bet that the 755p version won't either.

Unfortunately, the full version costs a monthly fee of $6. I wonder if Palm will cover that, or if its just a trial.

If its just a trial, I'd rather stick to the 'old' TreoVoiceDialing (which I bought already), which was a one time fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Also, it looks like the rumor about voice control at least is true, if you look at the button in the picture that says Get Nuance. If you're interested in trying it out,

http://www.nuance.com/voicecontrol/s...00p/downloads/

It works great, even letting you send emails of up to twenty words using voice control. I didn't see a text message option though.

In the FAQ it mentions not working over bluetooth. I'd be willing to bet that the 755p version won't either.

Unfortunately, the full version costs a monthly fee of $6. I wonder if Palm will cover that, or if its just a trial.

If its just a trial, I'd rather stick to the 'old' TreoVoiceDialing (which I bought already), which was a one time fee.

I'll bet its a subsciption-based service since the icon says "Get Nuance"
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts

hurr.....burp.. hurrrrup... barf..

Geez, that oughta just FLY off the shelves. Kiss my ***, Palm.
    Ive got a 650. Keepin` it. I`m not upgrading to this mickey mouse crap.
    Last edited by vw2002; 03/30/2007 at 06:40 PM.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I wonder what the batter life will be like with this 750 styled casing I mean I know on gsm a 1200 mah battery might cut it but we know cdma uses more juice. I really hope the smaller casing isn't going to sacrifice batter life by too much.
    i have a 24oo mah on my 700p that barely makes it!! how can they go down to 1200?? i mean are these guys at palm seriously drunk?
    I too wish it supported either the MicroSD, or the regular SD. I have a microSD for my other phone that I could use on the Treo, or I could use one of the many SD cards I accumulated with my previous PDAs (though the 64meg card I bought back in Treo 600 days is probably not too useful anymore

Instead, I'm trying to find a known good miniSD model to buy.
    I guess 3 years between buying Treos shows a greater advance. Went to a 3G capable phone, more memory (in flash format). I've comfortable with both WM and POS OS's, so that doesn't matter to me anymore.

The only problem I've had so far is ActiveSync gives an error, and Avantgo stopped working on my desktop after upgrading to the Treo.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    OK, here's the official deal on the 755p. It has the exact same operating system as the 700p. There are slight software differences like a software called "IM". I'm assuming it's an instant messaging system. I didn't go into detail. The speaker is waaay better and so is the form factor. I might switch over just to have the latest phone. But this is not even evolutionary, let alone revolutionary. I played with it for about an hour. There is no voice dialing or anything like that. You also cannot listen to music via bluetooth. Sorry, it's the EXACT SAME PHONE
    If it is the same as the 700P, except for a smaller form factor (thus a smaller battery life) and a smaller mini-SD card (thus our SD cards won't work)... then it should be called a 695P, or a 700-P (that's a 700 MINUS P), not even as good as the 700P, and especially not worth calling a 755P.

Time to look for refurbs 650P's as a back-up for my 650 in case it dies?

I'm Bummed... maybe I will not be able to upgrade 'til Perry gets his 900p.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Hmm, I wonder if its the IM debug software that is included in the debug rom for the simulators. If that's the case, its not an instant messaging program.
    Didn't Palm say they were going to release a patch to fix some 700P problems? Maybe they're releasing this instead of a patch to fix the 700P.
    The only two things I'm mad about are that they didn't fix the button configuration (needs to be like the 650 IMO) and that they chopped the battery (or at least I would assume so) to 1200 mah.

I expected everything else to be the same. Considering that the battery isn't as big, I'll probably just pickup a 700p when the prices start dropping, or wait for the next WM Treo on Sprint.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast