Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    Hear hear!
    Me no want QWERTY either... A complete waste of surface area (for me) which would be better used for screen area and/or dialpad with real buttons for one-handed use. If you have Graffiti, why do you need a QWERTY ?
    Honestly...if PALM does loose the QWERTY keyboard on the Treo...they loose me as a customer...and I'm sure lots of others. As a person who sends clsoe to 3,000 texts a month, a QWERTY keyboard is a MUST HAVE for me. And i'd bet a LOT of others would feel the same.

That said, not sure I see the point of the 755p. Its not really an upgrade for the 700p...moer like a mid-cycle freshening to give the old design a little more staying power to attract new customers rather than get existing customers to upgrade. I, for one, won't be upgrading based on what I see here...
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Honestly...if PALM does loose the QWERTY keyboard on the Treo...they loose me as a customer...
    Forget loosing a customer or two, if Palm lost the QWERTY keyboard they will loose whatever segment of the business sector they currently have. Prior to my Treo I was a die-hard Graffiti user from the original PalmPilot on but many people struggled with the concept. The QWERTY is just ubiquitous and I think it will remain in one form or another.

Also, the 755p seems like an odd release if Palm is serious with their time frame regarding the Palm/Linux OS. Maybe the first devices with the Linux OS will not replace the 755p. Otherwise I don't see why they would release a product with such a short life span unless it truly fixes all of the 700p problems. Okay, enough debating with myself.
    Well from what I understood when reading everything the Linux product that's coming out this year isn't a smartphone... that won't be out til sometime next year. If that's the case then the 755p could easily have the same 1 year lifespan before the Linux-based Treo comes out.

My guess....
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I have not bothered to read through this whole thread, so if this has already been stated then it is just confirmation, if not, then it is new news. This is from the PC-6800 forum over at PDAphonehome:

Quote Originally Posted by Onyoursix
    I didn't see anything on it. Im a indirect dealer for sprint and what I do know about the 6800 is that it is going to be released 5/14/07, when it is released it WILL launch as EVDO-REV 0, BUT it will be EVDO-REV A compatible and will be able to support REV A in a software update that will be released later.

This was confirmed on the 3 month handset report released from sprint.

Here is a quote from the email I received

"Updated 3-month handset inventory report for you to view.
    Note that both the Treo 755 and the PPC 6800 are both slated for 5/14/07 launch! The PPC 6800 will launch as a Rev O (EVDO) phone, but will have future capacity for the first Rev A device (with a software update slated for later)."

Hope that helps
    (Confession: for over 10 years, I have usually moved on to the next offered Palm.)

I will take a look at the 755p, but I am having the following reservations:

1. I have a 4GB SD card in my 700P. I will not move if there is not a compatible mini-SD of same size or larger, if that's the slot the 755p will have.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140841

2. I have a 2400mAh battery in my 700P. . . . going in half could prove problematic.

Otherwise, I am interested in seeing what refinements this year's model has brought to the Sprint party. However, then again, I may just wait for my 900P.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/25/2007 at 09:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    (Confession: for over 10 years, I have usually moved on to the next offered Palm.)

1. I have a 4GB SD card in my 700P. I will not move if there is not a compatible mini-SD of same size or larger, if that's the slot the 755p will have.

2. I have a 2400mAh battery in my 700P. . . . going in half could prove problematic.

Otherwise, I am interested in seeing what refinements this year's model has brought to the Sprint party. However, then again, I may just wait for my 900P.

I have the same reservations. I too have a 4gb sd card and a 3200mAh battery. I won't be making the swap. I was not impressed with the 755p when I played with it.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas View Post
    I have the same reservations. I too have a 4gb sd card and a 3200mAh battery. I won't be making the swap. I was not impressed with the 755p when I played with it.
    Too bad they can't make this in the current size of the 1200mAH. . . . . .3600mAh would rock in a 680/750/755.

http://www.lionbattery.com/descripti...?noproduit=559
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140841

I have also picked up every Treo since the 300 but am unimpressed by the 755. I will order a 755p and see how the two issues you mentioned may be resolved.

1) I think the 680 has SD, and I would be shocked if the 755 was miniSD. Actually, if it is, I won't even order one to try out.

2) Seidio has the extended 2400 mAh battery for the 680/750. It won't win any fashion points with that horrendous bulky form factor, but it's certainly not as much of a deal-breaker as I originally thought.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    <anal retentive mode>

Just a friendly reminder, it's "lose", not "loose", that is the appropriate word as used in a couple of posts on this page. They are two different words with different meanings. I've noted in the last two days alone that most people tend to confuse this for some reason?

</anal retentive mode>
    trellus, I noticed that too. I was watching office space again last night and when noticed it on that movie. In the part where the guy creates the game "Jump to a Conclusion", there is "Loose a Turn".
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    trellus, I noticed that too. I was watching office space again last night and when noticed it on that movie. In the part where the guy creates the game "Jump to a Conclusion", there is "Loose a Turn".
    Wow, I can't believe I never noticed that. I've seen that movie a million times. They probably did that on purpose though. Judge's work always makes fun of stupid people, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to let that slip through,

You jump, to conclusions. Get it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas View Post
    Sorry if this was answered earlier, but when were you able to play with it? Any pics? Reviews?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    what is program "IM" shown in this photo?? Is it new instant messaging prgram???
    Yes, it's a Sprint IM (instant messaging) program that will allow you to connect to AOL, MSN and Yahoo! It uses tabs to switch between the three.

Some additional 755p info:
    Palm OS Garnet v5.4.9
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Yes, it's a Sprint IM (instant messaging) program that will allow you to connect to AOL, MSN and Yahoo! It uses tabs to switch between the three.

Some additional 755p info:
    Palm OS Garnet v5.4.9
    data or txt?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    data or txt?
    Seems like both, as it warns you to add Messaging and Data plan to your account as it casually uses .03 kb of data and $0.15 per message.
    Closing the app will not sign you out, you will continue to receive messages through an alert of new messages. Sort of like when playing music in ptunes, very cool.

it also accepts standard SD memory cards like the 650 (and not miniSD as in the 750).

update: sorry, it is miniSD. Sorry for the mistake.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 05/03/2007 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Seems like both, as it warns you to add Messaging and Data plan to your account as it casually uses .03 kb of data and $0.15 per message.
    Closing the app will not sign you out, you will continue to receive messages through an alert of new messages. Sort of like when playing music in ptunes, very cool.

it also accepts standard SD memory cards like the 650 (and not miniSD as in the 750).
    dang, im sold!

i lOVE the fact that they use regular SD card...

however, if someone can get a rom dump and use the IM program for thr 700P, that would be even better
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    What is the Battery Size, that is the deal breaker for me if I upgrade from the 700p, I use all my Battery daily and cannot afford to downsize in Battery Size.
    I would carry a second battery . . . . . . . but the unusable 4GB miniSD situation . . .. . . I could not deal with. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/29/2007 at 09:45 PM.
    If you guys didn't have a treo right now which would you buy this or the 700wx?
    Whats so much better about palm os vs wm5? Is one better for games and texting?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaynardLD50 View Post
    If you guys didn't have a treo right now which would you buy this or the 700wx?
    Whats so much better about palm os vs wm5? Is one better for games and texting?
    Go do a search.. But if you are a first time smart phone buyer go play with them in the store for a while. I suggest the Palm since its easier to use and works better as a phone and texting device.. I went to 3 different sprint stores before I decided on the palm os basically 3 different people told me not to get the 700wx and had nothing good to say about it.

But right now I would get neither I would get a normal phone and a data card and lug around my laptop.