Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. odnerd's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #21  
    I'm using v1.0b7 and if I get a text even when the screen is on ans I'm in the messaging app it activates this lock and I have to re-slide it. Other than that it's awesome. Along with iPhony and my mac wallpaper it feels even more like an iPhone....
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post

    PS: It so happens that the sounds are silenced by keypresses with the latest beta v1.0b7, but at least the keypresses are not transmited to the underlying attention manager dialog. Is this acceptable?

    I think the sounds are being silenced independent of anything else... this is how it works even when the phone rings.

    .

    I cant get past the registration either.

    For the sound issue, yep i think can you make an add on to it, that will vibrate and play a ringtone every x minutes as long as the attention manager queue is not empty? That would solve that issue!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by odnerd View Post
    I'm using v1.0b7 and if I get a text even when the screen is on ans I'm in the messaging app it activates this lock and I have to re-slide it. Other than that it's awesome. Along with iPhony and my mac wallpaper it feels even more like an iPhone....
    Thanks...

    I'm not fixing the "minor" problems (those that I know can be fixed) till I manage to fix the major ones, required for TreoLock operation.

    You'll find several other "artefacts" in TreoLock along with the messaging app problem that you mention.

    - mvk
  4. #24  
    lol yep, its called "beta" for a reason!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  5.    #25  
    I cant get past the registration either.
    All those having this problem, please delete your TreoLock Saved Preferences 'TrLk' and 'phnK' using FileZ, SysTool or RescoExplorer...

    This is because of changes in layout.

    - mvk
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    All those having this problem, please delete your TreoLock Saved Preferences 'TrLk' and 'phnK' using FileZ, SysTool or RescoExplorer...

    This is because of changes in layout.

    - mvk

    Worked like a charm! The attention manager does keep up, the first keypress wont transfer to the alert window.

    The sound does go away though, and if there is a way to keep the sound going (a vibrate and ringtone every x minutes would be awesome), otherwise its not much different then the original keyguard in that way, because you would still miss appointments, wake up alarms etc.

    What doesnt work yet is that it doesnt activate everytime when it goes to sleep right away. Possibly because of the "sleep" event issue that we talked about earlier.

    Good work though! thanks a lot!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    Worked like a charm! The attention manager does keep up, the first keypress wont transfer to the alert window.

    The sound does go away though, and if there is a way to keep the sound going (a vibrate and ringtone every x minutes would be awesome), otherwise its not much different then the original keyguard in that way, because you would still miss appointments, wake up alarms etc.

    What doesnt work yet is that it doesnt activate everytime when it goes to sleep right away. Possibly because of the "sleep" event issue that we talked about earlier.

    Good work though! thanks a lot!
    To rephrase (so that there is no confusion in my understanding):

    - the keypress issue is solved.
    - the sound gets silenced on any keypress, this needs to be solved.
    - no other problems noticed upto now (resets, blocking calls, emails, messages)

    So basically, this works?

    kunjan, please see your PM.

    - mvk
  8. #28  
    - the keypress issue is solved.
    Yep!

    - the sound gets silenced on any keypress, this needs to be solved.
    Yep!

    - no other problems noticed upto now (resets, blocking calls, emails, messages)
    Yep!

    kunjan, please see your PM.
    Yep!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  9.    #29  
    Here is v1.1b2.

    Release Notes:
    • Minor fix in bug that let keypresses through on unlocking with keypresses.
    • Option to select Keyguard type (wakeup and alert)
    • There are still some "issues" with this, but should not crash or freeze under any circumstance.
    • The "issues" relate to operational and functional aspects, which may be satisfactory to some and may not be so with others. More feedback is required.
    • Sounds muting on keypress mentioned in earlier threads is *not* addressed. This is something handled by the OS and I don't feel like doing the sounds thing... people will immediately start asking for MP3 and stuff, which is something I don't want to get into at this time.
    • It is now evident that what seemed to be a trivial utilitity is not all that trivial. It has to handle every damn thing that happens on the Treo; sleep, wake-up, phone calls, alerts, alarms, snoozes, security, netlib, whatever...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/03/2007 at 12:52 PM. Reason: v1.1b2
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Here is v1.1b2.

    Release Notes:
    • Minor fix in bug that let keypresses through on unlocking with keypresses.
    • Option to select Keyguard type (wakeup and alert)
    • There are still some "issues" with this, but should not crash or freeze under any circumstance.
    • The "issues" relate to operational and functional aspects, which may be satisfactory to some and may not be so with others. More feedback is required.
    • Sounds muting on keypress mentioned in earlier threads is *not* addressed. This is something handled by the OS and I don't feel like doing the sounds thing... people will immediately start asking for MP3 and stuff, which is something I don't want to get into at this time.
    • It is now evident that what seemed to be a trivial utilitity is not all that trivial. It has to handle every damn thing that happens on the Treo; sleep, wake-up, phone calls, alerts, alarms, snoozes, security, netlib, whatever...
    Hi GreenHex:

    I thought maybe you had thrown up your arms in frustration at Palm's design issues and had also thrown the towel and this keyguard project in the dust bin!

    With TreoLock you have developed one heck of a fine replacement for the native keyguard for those that don't have an issue with inadvertently silenced alerts and calls.

    I love the one handed slider.

    However, the main reason I have been trying to light a fire under Palm to fix their broken keyguard is that the calendar alert sounds are inadvertently silenced on the native 680 keyguard.

    This is a tremendous problem for those that carry their 680 in a tight slipcase or in their pocket, because the inadvertently silenced calendar alerts are causing missed appointments and missed phone calls.

    In testing v1.1b2 I am still experiencing the inadvertent silencing of the calendar alert.

    I am testing this simply by setting a calendar alert, putting the 680 to sleep by pressing the power button and waiting for the alert to sound.

    When the calendar alert sounds and the alert screen displays, I press any qwerty key to simulate an inadvertent key press from a tight case or pressure on the 680 keys from pocket jostling, and the calendar alert stops sounding.

    When this happens while in a tight slipcase or from pocket jostling, the silenced alert (or phone call) goes unnoticed and voilą the main reason for our frustration with Palm's native keyguard...

    Thanks for your terrific efforts with TreoLock so far!
  11. #31  
    Unfortunately, I can't get TreoLock v 1.1b2 to work on my 680.

    duke
    Last edited by duke duke; 04/03/2007 at 04:06 PM.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't get TreoLock v 1.1b2 to work on my 680.

    duke
    What is the error that you get?

    Can you go into the Prefs screen and go at the last item and see treolock there?
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    What is the error that you get?

    Can you go into the Prefs screen and go at the last item and see treolock there?

    Actually, it's the 3rd from last on my Treo. I have TreoMute and TreoWink installed ;-). Shows just fine in my prefs panel. No errors. Just doesn't do anything when enabled.

    duke
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Actually, it's the 3rd from last on my Treo. I have TreoMute and TreoWink installed ;-). Shows just fine in my prefs panel. No errors. Just doesn't do anything when enabled.

    duke
    Just make sure... oh, you already mentioned that it is enabled.

    But sometimes, whent he Treo is not really asleep, (when background download is happening in chatter, etc.) TreoLock is unable to detect that the device is really asleep. There may be other situations as well.

    Also make sure that you have enabled "On Power Off" instead of 5 secs and 30 secs. There seems to be some issue with these settings.

    And finally, make sure you allow enough time (2-3 secs) for the Treo to "settle-down" after power off, before switching on again.

    PS: if it means anything I've all 8 TreoXxxx utilities installed and enabled on my Treo 650... and everything works.

    PPS: noticed some occassional resets with TreoLock... what have you all got?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    However, the main reason I have been trying to light a fire under Palm to fix their broken keyguard is that the calendar alert sounds are inadvertently silenced on the native 680 keyguard.

    In testing v1.1b2 I am still experiencing the inadvertent silencing of the calendar alert.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    I am testing this simply by setting a calendar alert, putting the 680 to sleep by pressing the power button and waiting for the alert to sound.

    When the calendar alert sounds and the alert screen displays, I press any qwerty key to simulate an inadvertent key press from a tight case or pressure on the 680 keys from pocket jostling, and the calendar alert stops sounding.
    Actually, this is exactly what happens on the 650 as well. Any keypress will disable the sound immediately... though the attention manager alert may be displayed... This happens with a phone call, alert, alarm, everything. (On a side-note, this is also what happens in the Panasonic A500... what a great phone).

    My suggestion for the specific problem that you mention is that we no longer pursue TreoLock... I'm in a DeadLock with this anyways. There are so many issues that are as yet unresolved. Besides, there is absolutely no interest among others for something like TreoLock.

    What I can do is figure out a way to keep the Treo beeping (or some sound, or vibrate) for as long as necessary when you get an alert etc...

    If I can't (it appears that the keypress is FIRST trapped by the OS, which silences the sound, and it then passes it on to other apps... so no go there), then we can have an utility that only makes sounds, vibrates, flashes LED etc, but keeps doing it for as long as necessary.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/03/2007 at 09:59 PM.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Just make sure... oh, you already mentioned that it is enabled.

    But sometimes, whent he Treo is not really asleep, (when background download is happening in chatter, etc.) TreoLock is unable to detect that the device is really asleep.
    Killing Chatter did the trick .

    duke
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    Killing Chatter did the trick .

    duke
    I use ChatterEmail myself, (IMAP, three accounts, always online, and all that bag) and only occassionally have this problem. But then, I don't get all that many mails.

    But TreoLock must be able to handle this gracefully, i.e., lock-up on screen on.

    - mvk
    Game over!
  18. #38  
    GreenHex, how long before my Treo powers off from not sliding the slider when TreoLock is enabled? I got tired of waiting to see this am. With the built in Keygaurd, my Treo only stays on for seconds if I don't press the center button to unlock. Just wondering in case a key accidentally gets pressed when my Treo is in my pocket.

    duke
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    GreenHex, how long before my Treo powers off from not sliding the slider when TreoLock is enabled? I got tired of waiting to see this am. With the built in Keygaurd, my Treo only stays on for seconds if I don't press the center button to unlock. Just wondering in case a key accidentally gets pressed when my Treo is in my pocket.

    duke
    It is the normal time-out (30s, 1m or 3m that you have set in the prefs, or if you use TreoWink, the time set with that).

    Actually, I need to set the time-out to 3 secs as in the Treo Keyguard, I disabled it in the beta for testing purposes because of some "issues."

    Just to re-iterate, TreoLock is still in beta, so don't depend on it too much. There is still a l-o-n-g way to go as I'm having too many problems to resolve in it.
  20. #40  
    Yep. I get that. And thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions