Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all! Has anyone been successful in making the SlingPlayer Mobile Beta for Palm OS work with an unlocked Treo 680 with T-Mobile Service/$29.99 Total Internet? Or better yet, if you have the $5.99 T-Mobile Web Service!

I cant seem to get the darn thing to work!

Thanks!
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    T-Mobile's internet service tops out at 200kbps, in the best of situations. Fastest speeds I've ever seen on my 680 were about 140kbps. The slingplayer needs almost double that to work well. It should be fine on EVDO or HSDPA networks.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Wow, that was quick So have you tried it? Would it possibly work with Audio only? I would think that it would attempt to connect and then lag/halt if the speed is not a par.

Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    T-Mobile's internet service tops out at 200kbps, in the best of situations. Fastest speeds I've ever seen on my 680 were about 140kbps. The slingplayer needs almost double that to work well. It should be fine on EVDO or HSDPA networks.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I have Kinoma Player, and streaming videos over GPRS/Edge rarely works unless they are very short and of a low bandwidth. Audio streams of around 32kbps work great, so if you can control the stream rate, you should be able to do audio just fine. I have a bluetooth network at home,and even over that, the Treo can barely stream. I hope the next generation of GSM/Palm Os Treos will support faster data speeds!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    If you're not getting broadband speeds on your network then Slingbox will not work. So for T-Mobile you can forget it until about mid-2008.
    I'll try it tomorrow and let you all knw if I have any problems with my 680
  7.    #7  
    Crossing my fingers....

How come MobiTV works and not Sling? Its both 'streaming video' right?

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I'll try it tomorrow and let you all knw if I have any problems with my 680
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    I have T-Mo service in the SF Bay area & I can say it works. There is serious lag time when using thw remote fetures to control my series 1 Sony Tivo box, but it's a lot better than MobiTV.
    btw, I'm using a 680 w/ T-Zones ($5.99 / mo)
    mobitv has serious lag on my treo 680. It migt depend on where you live. Tmobile is werid. I am jumpin ship to Spint as soon as the 755p come out.
  10.    #10  
    I have T-Zones too, and tried it with Total Internet as well. Both did not work for me. It says to make sure that my box is turned on and Remote Viewing is enabled.. though I can remotely view my Slingbox when at work, so I believe my network settings are correct. I was even able to view when I was overseas! Its frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I have T-Mo service in the SF Bay area & I can say it works. There is serious lag time when using thw remote fetures to control my series 1 Sony Tivo box, but it's a lot better than MobiTV.
    btw, I'm using a 680 w/ T-Zones ($5.99 / mo)
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
  11.    #11  
    MobiTV seem to work fine on my 680 on T-Mo/T-Zones.

mobitv has serious lag on my treo 680. It migt depend on where you live. Tmobile is werid. I am jumpin ship to Spint as soon as the 755p come out.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    Well, Slingbox is working awesome for me. I LOVE this. How did I live with out it. Now, if only that wifi rumor were true. That was a good one TC.
  13.    #13  
    Did you use the Sling Finder ID or use the IP Address setting to configure the slingbox?

Well, Slingbox is working awesome for me. I LOVE this. How did I live with out it. Now, if only that wifi rumor were true. That was a good one TC.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    I used the slingfinder id.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I have Kinoma Player, and streaming videos over GPRS/Edge rarely works unless they are very short and of a low bandwidth. Audio streams of around 32kbps work great, so if you can control the stream rate, you should be able to do audio just fine. I have a bluetooth network at home,and even over that, the Treo can barely stream. I hope the next generation of GSM/Palm Os Treos will support faster data speeds!
    Kinoma playing YouTube videos (for example) and SlingPlayer are two very different things. I have used SlingPlayer for a long time over T-Mobile's EDGE network with great success. SlingPlayer can adapt by changing frame rates, modifying the bitrate/compression, doing mono audio instead of stereo. They can do this because they control both the Source and the Sink of the stream. Kinoma doesn't have that luxury.

FYI, I've been using the Palm version of SlingPlayer now for a couple of weeks (I was in the beta before it went public). It has been working great on my 680! Would I love a faster pipe? Certainly. But for now I am pretty happy with SlingPlayer and the 680.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Anybody tried it with Cingular yet?
  17.    #17  
    I'd love to hear from anyone on what I may be missing in configuring my slingbox and router to work with my 680 on TMo

I can remotely view my slingbox on my laptop when I am on my work network, so I am at a loss on why it doesnt work on my phone.

HELP

Quote Originally Posted by paesano View Post
    Kinoma playing YouTube videos (for example) and SlingPlayer are two very different things. I have used SlingPlayer for a long time over T-Mobile's EDGE network with great success. SlingPlayer can adapt by changing frame rates, modifying the bitrate/compression, doing mono audio instead of stereo. They can do this because they control both the Source and the Sink of the stream. Kinoma doesn't have that luxury.

FYI, I've been using the Palm version of SlingPlayer now for a couple of weeks (I was in the beta before it went public). It has been working great on my 680! Would I love a faster pipe? Certainly. But for now I am pretty happy with SlingPlayer and the 680.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    I didn't do much configuring. Just what the directions asked for on the MAC side and I used the Finder ID. DONE
    Delete your Slingbox from the treo. Delete the app and start over
  20.    #20  
    Unfortunately for me, it still doesnt work

I'll try a hard reset and install fresh to see what happens

Delete your Slingbox from the treo. Delete the app and start over
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast