Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    hmm. sounds like this might be more of a settings issue than a speed issue. Perhaps check what your ip is and prpgram that into the slingplayer on the Treo. I'd have to see the video to believe it is usable on a 680 on TMo. Do you have your firewall set up correctly?
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike View Post
    I'd love to hear from anyone on what I may be missing in configuring my slingbox and router to work with my 680 on TMo

I can remotely view my slingbox on my laptop when I am on my work network, so I am at a loss on why it doesnt work on my phone.

HELP
    Weird. I didn't have much trouble. I just entered my finder ID and I was up and running. Works surprisingly well for me on T-Mobile, especially considering the fact that it is not as configurable as the Windows Mobile version. It is a little choppy at first, but once it figures things out, it runs real smooth. I did configure the audio for mono, instead of stereo, which is the only setting available that will decrease the bandwidth requirements.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    I'm surprised it's working with 680's, Sling is mainly marketing it to 700p owners because of EV-DO. I'm happy to hear you guys having it running on T-Zones. I'll have to try a friend of mine's slingplayer out with my 680.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #24  
    Tried to use the IP route and didnt work either.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I can view my slingbox from external networks using my laptop. My brother even connects to it remotely from overseas - no problems whatsoever.

It seems like it is just my phone that is giving me issues.

Frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    hmm. sounds like this might be more of a settings issue than a speed issue. Perhaps check what your ip is and prpgram that into the slingplayer on the Treo. I'd have to see the video to believe it is usable on a 680 on TMo. Do you have your firewall set up correctly?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I'm surprised it's working with 680's, Sling is mainly marketing it to 700p owners because of EV-DO. I'm happy to hear you guys having it running on T-Zones. I'll have to try a friend of mine's slingplayer out with my 680.
    I should point out that I use T-Mobile Internet and not T-Zones. I've been a user of T-Mobile Internet for several years. I have also successfully run SlingPlayer on my laptop using the 680 as a modem.

You are correct that they are marketing this toward the 700p. But it is interesting to note that I was admitted to the early beta, even though I said I only had a 680.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12