1.    #1  
    Tonight while out eating, I noticed the Cingular name had garbled like it has before. I took out the battery and reset the sim card. This time it would not find the network. I have taken the sim card out and out it back several times with no sucess.

Anyone else had this happen???
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Tonight while out eating, I noticed the Cingular name had garbled like it has before. I took out the battery and reset the sim card. This time it would not find the network. I have taken the sim card out and out it back several times with no sucess.

Anyone else had this happen???
    this is a well discussed issue with the 680's....the "gibberish" issue.....Cingular firmware and certain SIM cards seem to be the culprits......eventually a firmware should resolve this issue.....in the meantime:

make the switch to one of the following "good" SIM cards....prob solved

Bad 3G SIMs:
    73000 O 4021
    64205 O 4020

Good 3G SIMs:
    73000 G 3021
    64205 G 3020

Good 2G SIMs:
    63698 G 4004

Bad 2G SIMs:
    none, rumor has it all 2G SIMs work...

So, G = Good?
  3.    #3  
    I'm completely aware of the issue...believe me. My delimma is that this one time after a reset it could not lock back onto the network signal. I have had the issue in the past and simply reset the unit.

This time I had to do a hard reset.

EDIT: As an added note, there have been people who have posted that they have experienced the issue after switching to a "good" sim card. Hopefully there will be an update-fix soon from Palm. They are aware of the issue and are actively working on it.
    Last edited by mbranscum; 03/29/2007 at 10:05 PM.
    Mike