1.    #1  
    Was definitely interested in the Plantronics 260, bluetooth earbuds.. Has anyone had any experience with these yet? Buy.com has them for $52 with free shipping. This seems like a pretty good deal for stereo bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    They don't work for the Treo 700p. Only one side plays the music. I tried it on a motorola q as well. It also doesn't work with the bluetooth adapter that came with the 590. Maybe I shoulda waited and let someone else try it first.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xgh05tx View Post
    They don't work for the Treo 700p. Only one side plays the music. I tried it on a motorola q as well. It also doesn't work with the bluetooth adapter that came with the 590. Maybe I shoulda waited and let someone else try it first.
    I think you got a bad set. I had already ordered it when I did a search and found this post, so then I emailed Plantronics tech support and they responded within a few hours saying they have heard of no problems at all other than the usual crappy BT connection issues on the 700p.

I got mine today and they work great with stereo in both ears, etc. Very happy with the purchase.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    yea i talked to plantronics and they told me it was suppose to work. i gotta go get an exchange now.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    I think you got a bad set. I had already ordered it when I did a search and found this post, so then I emailed Plantronics tech support and they responded within a few hours saying they have heard of no problems at all other than the usual crappy BT connection issues on the 700p.

I got mine today and they work great with stereo in both ears, etc. Very happy with the purchase.
    Hi.

I just got a 700p a couple of days ago. I was interested in the 260 and wondered how you like it (or anyone else) after a few months. Also, I assume you did some hack to get stereo music over BT on the 700p.

Right now, I'm running a 700p to 3.5mm stereo+mic cable, which I either use with my own headphones, or into the 3.5mm input of my car stereo, which works great. I like that with the 260 I should be able to do the same thing, with fewer wires hanging around. I could also attach the pendant to the line input of my PC soundcard and listen to mp3 and make calls through the PC speakers, right?

Thanks,

David
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    uhhh, you got me on the line input attachment, but I am still very satisfied with the 260 and using it with Softick Audio Gateway (version 1.14 and above should work great)
    uhhh, you got me on the line input attachment, but I am still very satisfied with the 260 and using it with Softick Audio Gateway (version 1.14 and above should work great)
    I just picked up the 260 this afternoon and installed Softick 1.14. This is my first experience with Bluetooth headsets and I'm not impressed. I got it paired with the Treo and Audio Gateway saw it. I selected route audio through a2dp I got it to play stereo from Pocket Tunes. Doesn't sound too bad.

I can't get phonecalls routed through the 260. I can't answer calls from the 260, and when I answer them on the Treo, the sound is through the Treo. I tried long and short presses, but nothing.

When I try and hang up the call it either freezes the Treo or causes a soft boot!

What am I missing? Help!

David
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    First thing is to upgrade to SAG 1.15 from .14

second, there is a setting someplace in the prefs for the phone where it asks to always route calls to headset or something similar. It has been discussed before in the forums, but I don't have my phone handy to look at it.

Bottom line, I don't have the issues you do, so it should be easily fixable with thsee couple of tweaks.
    First thing is to upgrade to SAG 1.15 from .14
    Thanks - I was mistaken. I have 1.15.1505 - just downloaded today.

second, there is a setting someplace in the prefs for the phone where it asks to always route calls to headset or something similar. It has been discussed before in the forums, but I don't have my phone handy to look at it.
    I searched but couldn't find anything.

Bottom line, I don't have the issues you do, so it should be easily fixable with these couple of tweaks.
    I don't know. The 700p is only a couple of weeks old and has the latest ROM update. I tried it again. Playing music is fine (although the background hiss is horrible). Call to the phone ring on the phone, not the headset. I have to answer from the phone. It does pause the music, which does restart when I hang up. But the call is not through the 260. I even checked the SAG during the call and it shows it's routed to a2dp! And, like before, it's locked up the 700p.

I was working at company six years ago designing Bluetooth chips. I can't believe it's still such a mess after all this time. I guess I'll return the 260 and go back to the reliable, simple, no-noise Seidio adapter with my own earbuds.

David