1.    #1  
    Any one know of a Palm OS application that allows me to track or keep up with groups and scores, similar to soccer world cup? Did a search and could not find one.

Julius
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Any one know of a Palm OS application that allows me to track or keep up with groups and scores, similar to soccer world cup? Did a search and could not find one.

Julius
    I suggest you preface your thread's title with : Attention GreenHex

geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post

Julius
    Here is a possibility, called Mobio Cricket Centre

I havent been able to download the software yet, from

http://www.getmobio.com/wap/cricket.wml

I'm not sure if that's because of the really bad connection Im getting tonite on all sorts of sites, or because Blazer has some inherent problems with .wml sites. I dont know much about the fine points of accessing WAP sites on Treos. The home site doesnt list Palms in their list of compatible phones, but says that phones not in the list may still work.

On the odd chance that you're in India, a nice looking (but again not guaranteed Treo compatible) solution is: Cricket Station.

I am in India, but have had no luck yet with any of the suggested methods of downloading the software.

I take it you know all about cricinfo.com, which has been working surprisingly well through Blazer so far. They also have RSS feeds, which give you the basic score in the current game.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Not exactly what you want but check out cricinfo mobile.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post

Naah. India had an ignominious exit from the World Cup. GreenHex may not be in the mood.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Naah. India had an ignominious exit from the World Cup. GreenHex may not be in the mood.
    Guys... I'm honored. The word "Cricket" in the title was enough to make me ignore it all this while till I accidentally clicked on it and saw "GreenHex."

But I just hate Cricket, and everything it represents. I cannot tell you how much I really hate it. Did I mention that I hate Cricket?

Actually, my mind blanks out when I see the word "Cricket" .

I'm just glad that India is out (so I heard) of it.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Actually, my mind blanks out when I see the word "Cricket" ..
    Shucks, when I saw your nick on this thread I thought you were announcing you'd already created TreoWC07, during a quick tea-break.

Why anyone would like cricket is indeed mysterious, and Im hoping that before I die I will finally get to understand how I became afflicted with this terrible compulsion.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Here is a possibility, called Mobio Cricket Centre
    I havent been able to download the software yet, from http://www.getmobio.com/wap/cricket.wml
    I'm not sure if that's because of the really bad connection Im getting tonite on all sorts of sites, or because Blazer has some inherent problems with .wml sites.
    Re-testing today, and having done a bit of research into browser capabilities, I think the problem seems to be Blazer's issues in dealing with WML scripts. If anyone knows a way around this (eg if you can get it going with Xiino or Opera) please do tell!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    "The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity"
    Nonetheless, anyone who says anythin' bad about cricket, will have to answer to my brother-in-law Norman, and he's pretty vicious (well, the whole family is scared of him).
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Nonetheless, anyone who says anythin' bad about cricket, will have to answer to my brother-in-law Norman, and he's pretty vicious (well, the whole family is scared of him).
    It's tough enough holding out against a billion cricket fanatics while living among them... while at the same time justifying a Treo to the Nokia obssessed, Santro driving hordes.

(never heard of a Santro, right? It's the world's ugliest car. Period.)
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Cricket, like Mornington Crescent, was invented to confuse Americans.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...