Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, between the time I read the thread to the time I posted, ChasT slipped another post in. I simply thought it appropriate to, at least once, suggest an apology was in order.

Yesterday when I read this thread, I didn't take Bill's post as anything but trying to be helpful. And as I continued reading it, it kinda blew me away when I read the OP's response.

Today, I read the same thread, see that the OP solved the problem, but no mention of apology to the first poster who (to me) tried to help.
    Then again, after rereading one more time, no matter how frustrated one is, it doesn't justify acting like an a$$. Nothing life threatening here; we're talking productivity software.
    It does amaze me how frustrated some get over their Treos. I understand it, though. I use to freak when my 650 would reset on a daily basis...though, I was never ready for a class action lawsuit
    Your intuitive compassion is always refreshing
    Yeah, I understand it, too. Especially when one uses the device in such a dependent manner (I use it to help me run my work and personal life). When I experience problems, almost no matter how trivial, I worry about how deep the root of the problem may be.

That said, he was wanting to use this to auto-type a "_" in order to use a fantasy baseball site. I can see the productivity in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Your intuitive compassion is always refreshing
    If you were referring to me, thank you

I see your wife is keeping fit...I don't have the guts to post a pic of me in my avatar. I'm a wimp...
    Yeah you. I'll tell her you noticed You used to have one a while ago.
    Okay, sxtg, you slipped a post in on me, too. And I do see how a frustrated individual might have taken Bill's post (when he starts it with "did you read the instructions" - or something to that effect).

But still, I think he was only trying to help (I guess I have the benefit, that newcomers don't, of knowing how/why he posts).
    And another bunch of posts slipped in. I need to get off this Treo.
    Im sure he was trying to help. That not in question. I was simply pointing out that saying "Whats not clear?" could be interperated as "your a dumb a**" especially if you're already frustrated.
    Yeah you. I'll tell her you noticed You used to have one a while ago.
    No...that wasn't me, that was Insertion. He posted my pic in his avatar for a few hours. I wouldn't have the courage...

Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Okay, sxtg, you slipped a post in on me, too. And I do see how a frustrated individual might have taken Bill's post (when he starts it with "did you read the instructions" - or something to that effect).

But still, I think he was only trying to help (I guess I have the benefit, that newcomers don't, of knowing how/why he posts).
    I have no doubt that Bill was trying to help, he always helps. I just think he may have made the OP feel a little more "newbie" than he already did.

Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    And another bunch of posts slipped in. I need to get off this Treo.
    LOL! Step away from the Treo...
    I didn't see the one from insertion's avatar. But I remember you had one a long time ago in the begining. Back then I had pm'd and asked for R to send me one but my request was silently denied
    I didn't see the one from insertion's avatar. But I remember you had one a long time ago in the begining. Back then I had pm'd and asked for R to send me one but my request was silently denied
    LOL...that's right, the pic with me and my kids. But, it wasn't an avatar, it was just a pic to appease the curiosity of a select few. Insertion's avatar was a little more revealing than I was ready for TC members to be exposed to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    LOL...that's right, the pic with me and my kids. But, it wasn't an avatar, it was just a pic to appease the curiosity of a select few. Insertion's avatar was a little more revealing than I was ready for TC members to be exposed to...
    Well I have to say, that while it may have been meant to appease, it accomplished just the opposite
    Well I have to say, that while it may have been meant to appease, it accomplished just the opposite
    It did seem to cause a little stir, didn't it? That was not my intention and totally unexpected. Insertion's avatar was definitely a "one-time only" appearance...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12