Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm Deborah. I wanted to say hello, and thank you for having such a useful forum. I purchased a 680 -crimson-l ast week, and am finding my way, slowly. I'm not new to the Palm OS, but it's been a while.

I have six kids, 1 dog and three cats. Our family had a very bad housefire on New Years Eve, so we're doinf a huge rstoration project right now. I bought the Treo to assist in organizing my chaos. I have many appointments now, and lots of contacts to file.

I'm synching with Outlook, and wonder if a there are other calendar apps for the Treo that will synch with outlook as well?

I use gmail, and would love to be able to check my email manually - that is without it all being pushed to the Treo. Is that possible?

I would love to find a good shopping list app, a voice dialing program, graffiti/handwriting recongnition app and a soft reset app.

Are programs like Butler very useful?

I downloaded Minitones, and it worked fine for ringtones, with the exception of one trimmed file that plays like a little burp of sound. The file I trimmed from was large, but the tone is less than 15 sec.

I'm sorry I have so very many questions.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Deborah
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Sorry I can't help, as I do not use any of those programs, but I'm sure a search on each topic will yield plent of results.
    Also you can manually sync GMail. HandyShopper is a great program and it's compatible with the 680. For your other questions, you should try to use the search function. I know you will find some answers if you do. The search function is your friend.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desdesdes View Post
    I'm synching with Outlook, and wonder if a there are other calendar apps for the Treo that will synch with outlook as well?
    I have used a number of things. I really like Beyond Contacts or Agendus, it adds some new features to Outlook and your treo. Keysuit from Chapura is good to.
    [QUOTE=desdesdes;1228744]
    I use gmail, and would love to be able to check my email manually - that is without it all being pushed to the Treo. Is that possible?
    My wife used to use Versamail for Gmail, now she uses Chatter for Gmail. It works great.

I would love to find a good shopping list app, a voice dialing program, graffiti/handwriting recongnition app and a soft reset app.
    Second vote on HandyShopper, I used daily. Voice Dialing - I have never found one I like. The treo is too fast in searching for contacts I have nevered needed it. Graffiti...no idea, and soft reset app. I have seen one on this forum a number of times. I use Zlauncher for my palm (this organize my themes, backgrounds, icons, and my palm). It has a soft reset option. So does RescoExplorer.

Use Butler DAILY! As an alarm, and I have customized my buttons, side buttons, and Remote Lock has saved me twice!

I downloaded Minitones, and it worked fine for ringtones, with the exception of one trimmed file that plays like a little burp of sound. The file I trimmed from was large, but the tone is less than 15 sec.
    I am a RINGO fan, though some have had bug problems, I have never had a problem with RINGO.

Deborah
    No Big deal, do some searches there are lots of topics for this products and good luck on the house.
    Hi,

I'm Deborah. I wanted to say hello, and thank you for having such a useful forum. I purchased a 680 -crimson-l ast week, and am finding my way, slowly. I'm not new to the Palm OS, but it's been a while.

I have six kids, 1 dog and three cats. Our family had a very bad housefire on New Years Eve, so we're doinf a huge rstoration project right now. I bought the Treo to assist in organizing my chaos. I have many appointments now, and lots of contacts to file.

Deborah
    I have four kids, four dogs, two turtles and two absent daddies...so I understand if you don't have tons of time to search the forum

For Gmail you can use the Gmail.prc or just set a Blazer bookmark to Gmail.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=Gmail+prc

For a graffiti program you can use:

Notepad (extracted from previous Palm devices)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=10

or

Diddlebug
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-370.html

or

BugMe!
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-512.html

And as for a list program, I second Jessi's suggestion for HandyShopper...I use it everyday.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-467.html

I don't use Butler or a voice dialing program, sorry I can't help you there. Good luck with your new best friend and find the time to get some rest...
    Oh I forgot, you might want to try TextPlus it makes typing so much faster. It's probably my favorite utility.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Oh I forgot, you might want to try TextPlus it makes typing so much faster. It's probably my favorite utility.
    Is that like KeyCaps? I've never heard of it...
    There's a freeware program called SoftReset (version 1.0.3 -- get it here: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-781.html) that will do a soft reset for you, without removing the battery (assuming your Treo isn't frozen, of course). Some other 3rd Party apps that have a lot of other functionality, like Launcher X and Lightwav 2 (awesome MP3 ringtone player, with lots of other cool stuff) and Resco Explorer, among others, also have a soft reset menu item built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Is that like KeyCaps? I've never heard of it...
    No, it's a dictionary based words and phrases suggestion program. Type a 1 or more letters and it will give you a choice of the most used words and phrases. For example, if you type "o" it will give you the following words "on", "of", "other", and "out." The phrases it gives you are "once more", "once in a while", "on the other hand", "on the contrary", and "of course." You just scroll to what you want and press the center button to select it. I love it for IMing. Works pretty well in Mundu too. I used to use WordComplete on my Treo 90 and loved it, but they are only making software for their own devices now. This is a better replacement. They have a variety of dictionaries. The download comes with a standard English dictionary but you can add the extend English dictionary for free. In fact, all of the dictionaries are free you just pay for the program. You can also add your own words to the database. There is a free program to for your desktop in case there are a lot of words you want to add and you don't want to add them by hand on the Treo. I'm still on my trial period, but I'm going to buy it.
    ~Jessi~