Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    UPDATE
    The GoldenCarbon skin has been released for Skinner.
    Download link is at the bottom of this post.

I'm currently working on modifying the look of the DialPad application, and things relevant to it.

Here is what the skin currently looks like on my Treo 680:
    http://www.yubastudios.com/temp/screen1.jpg

http://www.yubastudios.com/temp/screen2.jpg

http://www.yubastudios.com/temp/screen3.jpg

No additional software is required, all you have to do is copy a few files to your RAM. If you want to go back to the original skin, just delete these files.

I will release the files when I'm done with skinning everything - probably around this weekend.

For now I just want to get a feel for how many people are interested...?

Also, does anyone know how I can skin/change the colour of the background of the DialPad?

//edit

I should mention that I did not make the carbon background for the tabs. It was made by Schtunks: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=59. Everything else is mine .

//edit 2

I attached the DialPad and TabsBar skins. I decided to release them early while I work on everything else I want to skin. I noticed that pressing the green CALL button on the CALL LOG TAB SOFT-RESETS the phone. This may be an isolated incident (some software conflict on my phone), or it may not be. I suggest you try this out for yourself as soon as you install the skin so that there are no surprises in the future.

// edit 3

Please take note, if you apply the Tabs Bar skin, you will likely encounter soft (warm) resets. These happen under different conditions for different people. You may be able to live with them, you may not. I chose not to use the Tabs Bar skin. You can certainly apply it and play with it, no permanent harm will happen, but you may have to reset a few times.

Furthermore, I do not know how to tackle these problems. The only things I did was decompile the original skin file with PFCD, replace some graphics, and compile it back. There is nothing in the graphics that could cause these weird reset problems, thus I can only assume that the problem lies within the decompiler/compiler. It is doing something slightly incorrectly. I cannot even begin to imagine what it is doing wrong at this point, and I will most likely never be able to overcome this problem (no way for me to approach it). Thus, until the problem with PFCD is taken care of, or another similar compiler is found, I will not edit/create new skins for the TabsBar.

The DialPad, on the other hand, causes no problems (at least, that I have seen), so go ahead and install it . I will create more skins for the DialPad in the future - I came up with a few creative ideas (ideas only at this point) for designs. Should be quite fun .

I plan to play around with skinning other elements - I do not know if they will cause any problems or not, but if I get anything usable I will be sure to post the files here.

Both the DialPad and the TabsBar skins are still in the attached file - use them if you want.

Any insight into the reset problems would be much appreciated!

Also, I adjusted the readme.txt file, which I will post here rather than creating a new .zip archive:

Code:
    		Golden Carbon Skin Suite v0.1 by kerunt

***** TREO 680 ONLY *****

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ABOUT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skinned Elements:
    - Dial Pad
    - Tabs Bar	** Applying the skin for the Tabs Bar may (and likely will) cause
    		soft (warm) resets in random applications. I do _not_ recommend
    		you to install the Tabs Bar skin. If you do, no permanent damage
    		should be done, but expect resets. **

Future skinning plans:
    - Content of other tabs in the dialer application
    - Colour variation(s)

INSTALLATION

The PhoneApp-HsPh.prc file is the TabsBar.
    The PhoneDialPad-PmPd.prc is the DialPad.

These files are independent of one another. You can use one/both/a combination
    with other skins.

To install, simply copy these files to a memory card, then copy them from the
    memory card to your RAM. That's it. Opening the phone application, you will see
    the new skin.

UNINSTALLATION / REMOVAL

Simply delete the files you copied to your RAM.

DISCLAIMER

Use at your own risk. I take absolutely no responsibility for anything that may
    or may not happen to your device. These skins are for Treo 680 models ONLY.

CONTACT
    email: yuriyb@gmail.com
    web: www.yubastudios.com
    //edit 4

I just released a GoldenCarbon version for "Skinner". Works 100%, no problems that I have encountered.

Download it here: http://www.yubastudios.com/downloadF...f=GoldenCarbon
    Last edited by kerunt; 04/06/2007 at 06:04 PM.

Palm M100 -> Handspring Treo 90 -> Sony Clie NR70v -> Dell Axim X3 adv. -> Dell Axim x50v -> Dell Axim x51v -> nothing.

Razr Z3 -> Nokia N73 -> Samsung i320n -> Nokia N73 -> HTC TyTN -> Palm Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    I'm currently working on modifying the look of the DialPad application, and things relevant to it.

Here is what the skin currently looks like on my Treo 680:
    http://www.yubastudios.com/temp/screen1.jpg

http://www.yubastudios.com/temp/screen2.jpg

http://www.yubastudios.com/temp/screen3.jpg

No additional software is required, all you have to do is copy a few files to your RAM. If you want to go back to the original skin, just delete these files.

I will release the files when I'm done with skinning everything - probably around this weekend.

Also, does anyone know how I can skin/change the colour of the background of the DialPad?

Yo that's one PROPER skin!!!!
    Very cool. Be prepared to be inundated with special colour requests

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    Very cool. Be prepared to be inundated with special colour requests

Bob
    Yes...how about CRIMSON?

The skin looks awesome as is...and schtunks' carbon bottom blocks looks great with it...but some different colored numbers would be the absolute bomb!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

//edit

I should mention that I did not make the carbon background for the tabs. It was made by Schtunks: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=59. Everything else is mine .

kerunt, I really like your black carbon skin. I will want it def. One suggestion. How about silver instead of gold? The silver would match the surround of the 680. Thanks for creating this skin.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
    That's super cool!!! I love it! I would like to request pink please.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Copper (Orange) for me please?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    The carbon fiber is cool, and I think having other colors would be great.
    Blue
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    That's super cool!!! I love it! I would like to request pink please.
    How did I miss this thread?? I ditto the pink request, but I already asked in the other dialpad thread...
    That's OK Christina, us pink girls have to stick together!!!
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Like I said, inundated. Think there's a demand

Bob
    Another vote for Crimson color here.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    Another vote for Crimson color here.
    Yes...CRIMSON, please!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi guys/gals,

Please, no requests at this time. I need to finish this skin first and then I will decide if I will make more or not. Although silver and crimson red ones do sound appealing.

Since I'm currently in school, I'm very busy. My exams will end on the 17th of April. After they are over, I may actually decide to write a simple Palm OS program to manage/change skins easier (without having to manually copy files, which is a drag). Depends on how easy it is to program for Palm OS though - I've never done any before. Desktop programming and web programming - yeah, not Palm OS though. But we'll see, shouldn't be too bad...

Palm M100 -> Handspring Treo 90 -> Sony Clie NR70v -> Dell Axim X3 adv. -> Dell Axim x50v -> Dell Axim x51v -> nothing.

Hi guys/gals,

Please, no requests at this time. I need to finish this skin first and then I will decide if I will make more or not. Although silver and crimson red ones do sound appealing.
    Hey! I'm feeling discriminated against... I guess silver could go nicely with pink. We can all wait...school comes first!
    Yes, school should come first. Good luck with your exams!

When you have time, perhaps you could come up with a way to separately skin the dial pad and the tabs. That way, people could do their own mixing and matching (e.g. the carbon tabs with Schtunk's variety of dial pad color choices).
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1 View Post
    When you have time, perhaps you could come up with a way to separately skin the dial pad and the tabs. That way, people could do their own mixing and matching (e.g. the carbon tabs with Schtunk's variety of dial pad color choices).
    Actually, it's already like that. The dialpad is one file, the tabs at the bottom is another file, favourites stuff is in another file, etc...

Just mix and match the files at will .

Very cool. Hard to wait.... But school comes first - rats.

Bob
    Thanks kerunt!! School definately comes first...I guess.

PINK
    CRIMSON
    SILVER
    GRAPHITE
    COPPER
    BLUE

We'll give you a break after those.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast