Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    big up & major respectz to kerunt, even though it didn't work for me ... at least you gotta give props to ppl like you who take the time & efforts in creating apps for our Treos.

Thank You
    Absolutely! Echo that. I'm looking forward to the next iteration and will certainly test it.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I tried this skin yesterday, the dialpad works, but the tabsbar doesn't. I cannot copy it from my SD-card to my phone memory. I'm using Filez.

Is it normal that the Unique ID from the PhoneApp-HsPh.prc is 0? The original one has an Unique ID of: 545581452 (at my phone, don't know if it's different on other phones).

Size of new PhoneApp-HsPh.prc: 198014b, 0 recs
    Size of original PhoneApp-HsPh.prc: 198298b, 34 recs

Does this matter? Am I the only one with this differences?
    Last edited by Jozz; 03/31/2007 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added some more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Good idea...that will avoid us having to see twenty new threads on "How do I remove Kerunt's dialpad?"
    Christinac130, you know you love reading my crazy posts !!!

Who else would you have to dog on without them?
    i dont think you should concern yourself with school or exams. your treo is MUCH more important (for us). Who needs ejukashun anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Christinac130, you know you love reading my crazy posts !!!

Who else would you have to dog on without them?
    I must admit...you are a Hoot! I always get a good giggle when I see, yet another thread you've started...

I really think there's a problem using two skins at the same time in the phone app. I can't remember what the conflict was. Maybe if the two could somehow be combined?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
    I tried this skin yesterday, the dialpad works, but the tabsbar doesn't. I cannot copy it from my SD-card to my phone memory. I'm using Filez.

Is it normal that the Unique ID from the PhoneApp-HsPh.prc is 0? The original one has an Unique ID of: 545581452 (at my phone, don't know if it's different on other phones).

Size of new PhoneApp-HsPh.prc: 198014b, 0 recs
    Size of original PhoneApp-HsPh.prc: 198298b, 34 recs

Does this matter? Am I the only one with this differences?
    How did you check the Unique ID and number of records? Is it a feature in Filez? (I'm using Resco Explorer).

Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    i dont think you should concern yourself with school or exams. your treo is MUCH more important (for us). Who needs ejukashun anyway.
    Haha, I wish .

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I really think there's a problem using two skins at the same time in the phone app. I can't remember what the conflict was. Maybe if the two could somehow be combined?
    I doubt they can both be combined into one file. The ROM has them in separate files, so the only way both files will be ignored (and replaced with new ones) is if two files with the same file names are present in RAM. At least that's how I see it.

Palm M100 -> Handspring Treo 90 -> Sony Clie NR70v -> Dell Axim X3 adv. -> Dell Axim x50v -> Dell Axim x51v -> nothing.

Razr Z3 -> Nokia N73 -> Samsung i320n -> Nokia N73 -> HTC TyTN -> Palm Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post

Yep, I'm a New Westie
    Sweet! I'm in Vancouver.

Back to the skin, it also destroys my Caller ID, i.e. I get a white screen instead. No freezes still, but I've since taken off the skin until that's fixed. I'm paying stupid Rogers $6 a month for stupid caller ID and I wanna use it.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    How did you check the Unique ID and number of records? Is it a feature in Filez? (I'm using Resco Explorer).
    I think it's a feature in Filez. When using Filez go to the file, select it and choose for Details at the bottom of the screen. I don't know Resco Explorer so I cannot tell you if that's possible with Resco too.
    I don't think you can in Resco Explorer. But I'm still looking. I'll edit this post if I find out otherwise.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Big ups for these skins! We talk it up in the podcast today.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, I'll check out Filez.

Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Big ups for these skins! We talk it up in the podcast today.
    Awesome - thanks for the promo

--

Whenever I compile the PhoneApp-HsPh.prc file I get a warning about the file "amdc0000.bin" having exceeded the "safe hotsync size limit"... whatever that means. The file is unchanged from the default skin. I'm wondering, perhaps mine is somehow altered by Rogers (it's a Rogers phone) or something else...

Can anyone send me theirs? It's about 80kb .

To get the file:
    1. Download PFCD from http://festus440.happypalm.com/pfcd.php.
    2. Copy the file PhoneApp-HsPh.prc from your ROM to a storage card, and then to your computer.
    3. Extract the file with PFCD - you will need to select PhoneApp-HsPh.prc and choose a directory into which to extract the files.

When extraction is done (a few seconds), the file amdc0000.bin will appear in the directory you selected. Just mail me this file or post it here as an attachment. My email is yuriyb {at} gmail [dot} com.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kerunt; 04/02/2007 at 08:54 PM.

Palm M100 -> Handspring Treo 90 -> Sony Clie NR70v -> Dell Axim X3 adv. -> Dell Axim x50v -> Dell Axim x51v -> nothing.

I'd be on this in a second, but I'm on Rogers as well so it wouldn't gain us anything. Unless you want to verify what you've got. Let me know.

By the way, it's not a good idea to put your e-mail in a post in the clear. In other words with the @ in it. Apparently it can get captured quite easily and you end up with even more spam. Better to use something like fred at mail.com.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    I have an unlocked 680 on T-Mobile. I'm working on this now and, hopefully, will have the file to send to you in a few minutes (assuming I can figure out how to use PFCD, which I've already installed on my computer).
    I just sent it to you via email. It's almost 84 KB.

By the way, if you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam/junk mail folder for an email with the subject line: "Bin file from ChristieC."
    Last edited by ChristieC; 04/02/2007 at 07:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    I'd be on this in a second, but I'm on Rogers as well so it wouldn't gain us anything. Unless you want to verify what you've got. Let me know.

By the way, it's not a good idea to put your e-mail in a post in the clear. In other words with the @ in it. Apparently it can get captured quite easily and you end up with even more spam. Better to use something like fred at mail.com.

Bob
    Thanks for the reminder . Yes, unfortunately there are bots which crawl through the cyberspace and record all email addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I just sent it to you via email. It's almost 84 KB.

By the way, if you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam/junk mail folder for an email with the subject line: "Bin file from ChristieC."

Thanks, Christie. I got it, going to see if this makes any difference right now.

//edit

Just tried it out - same warning and problems as before .

Just tried it out - same warning and problems as before .
    Darn! So what's your next move?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Darn! So what's your next move?
    I'm not quite sure at this point. I'm wondering if there's a way to decompile the .prc files to their original source. This is very unlikely, but you never know... If it's possible, I doubt Access (the developers of Palm OS) would like it very much. However, I'll look around on the 'net and hope for the best .

If it can be done, the decompiled source would give me (or anyone else who decompiled it) complete control over the application.

---

Any Access developers want to throw a copy of the latest Palm OS source my way? Pretty please?
    //edit
    Maybe if I can scratch together $44 million...
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...alm-os-garnet/

Maybe if I can scratch together $44 million...
    So whatcha waitin' for?!
    So whatcha waitin' for?!
    LOL...Christie, why don't you grant him a loan. You've got some spare change lyin' around somewhere, don't ya?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast