Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Actually, it's already like that. The dialpad is one file, the tabs at the bottom is another file, favourites stuff is in another file, etc...

Just mix and match the files at will .
    That's excellent news!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I've been using this skin the whole day today (still am) and found a strange bug. If you hit the green "call" button while on you're on the call log screen, the phone resets. Doesn't happen with the standard skin. Doesn't happen on other pages... Hmm...

Palm M100 -> Handspring Treo 90 -> Sony Clie NR70v -> Dell Axim X3 adv. -> Dell Axim x50v -> Dell Axim x51v -> nothing.

Razr Z3 -> Nokia N73 -> Samsung i320n -> Nokia N73 -> HTC TyTN -> Palm Treo 680
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Posted the DialPad and TabsBar skins - attached to first post.

Palm M100 -> Handspring Treo 90 -> Sony Clie NR70v -> Dell Axim X3 adv. -> Dell Axim x50v -> Dell Axim x51v -> nothing.

AWESOME! Useful for those times I have to fire up the Contacts app, since I use DIalByPhoto.

By the "Fido" in your screenshots, I take it you're a Canuck too?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    AWESOME! Useful for those times I have to fire up the Contacts app, since I use DIalByPhoto.

By the "Fido" in your screenshots, I take it you're a Canuck too?

Yep, I'm a New Westie

PhoneApp-HsPh <--- won't install to my 680

Any luck with you guys?

edit: can't unistall the new dail pad skin
    I thought you could only install one of these kinds of files at a time. For example, on the 650 you couldn't use a custom splash screen AND a custom dialpad skin unless you were using a skin program. Can you use a dialpad skin and tabs skin at the same time on the 680? If I wanted a custom splash screen for the on/off logos, I always had to delete my dialpad skin first...
    I've been using this skin the whole day today (still am) and found a strange bug. If you hit the green "call" button while on you're on the call log screen, the phone resets. Doesn't happen with the standard skin. Doesn't happen on other pages... Hmm...

Does it still have this problem on everyone's phone?
    Tried to install the two files on my 680. The DialPad skin works fine, but after installing the other file (PhoneApp-HsPh), my treo was stuck in a nasty reset loops. Performing a warm reset (UP) did allow me to recover, and launching the phone application was then possible (with a nice tab skin), and the log page + green key bug didn't show up, but then I tried it phone off only (turning on the phone didn't work well, I got no network reception at all). Deleting the tab skin didn't prevent the soft reset loop after the next reboot, so I ended up hard-resetting and reinstalling my fresh BackupMan backup, and I'm back in business.

If this helps, I was testing this with a generic GSM Treo 680 and my operator is Orange France...

While the phone wasn't working anymore, though, the dialpad + tab skins together were really nice!

Keep up the good work, I'm sure we can finetune everything...
    THANK YOU Kerunt!!! It's beautiful, and SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the native phone app! I can't wait to see the color variations and thank you so much for the effort!

Edit: Well, it seems I've found the same thing that Euroclie did: my phone isn't working as a phone anymore, either, even through Takephone! Again, thanks for the effort.

Edit No. 2: Okay, I deleted the files from RAM, then reinstalled them in RAM again and performed a reset. Everything is now working fine with the new dialpad and tabs, so thanks again for the beautiful new look!!!
    Last edited by ChristieC; 03/30/2007 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Hey! I'm feeling discriminated against... I guess silver could go nicely with pink. We can all wait...school comes first!
    School comes first definitely, but I'm feeling discriminated against too. Good luck on your exams!

Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Thanks kerunt!! School definately comes first...I guess.

PINK
    CRIMSON
    SILVER
    GRAPHITE
    COPPER
    BLUE

We'll give you a break after those.

Thanks for supporting us pink fans David.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    PhoneApp-HsPh <--- won't install to my 680

Any luck with you guys?

edit: can't unistall the new dail pad skin
    You're not installing the files through HotSync, right?

Also, make sure to copy the files to RAM, not ROM. You should be able to delete (uninstall) the files from RAM with absolutely no problem. Not from ROM though.

ROM is read-only-memory, you can't write/delete to/from it.

RAM is random-access-memory, you can write to it .

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I thought you could only install one of these kinds of files at a time. For example, on the 650 you couldn't use a custom splash screen AND a custom dialpad skin unless you were using a skin program. Can you use a dialpad skin and tabs skin at the same time on the 680? If I wanted a custom splash screen for the on/off logos, I always had to delete my dialpad skin first...
    I'm not sure about how things are on the 650, but on my 680 I have both the DialPad and the Tabs skinned. I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems skinning other elements, too.

Quote Originally Posted by euroclie View Post
    Tried to install the two files on my 680. The DialPad skin works fine, but after installing the other file (PhoneApp-HsPh), my treo was stuck in a nasty reset loops. Performing a warm reset (UP) did allow me to recover, and launching the phone application was then possible (with a nice tab skin), and the log page + green key bug didn't show up, but then I tried it phone off only (turning on the phone didn't work well, I got no network reception at all). Deleting the tab skin didn't prevent the soft reset loop after the next reboot, so I ended up hard-resetting and reinstalling my fresh BackupMan backup, and I'm back in business.

If this helps, I was testing this with a generic GSM Treo 680 and my operator is Orange France...

While the phone wasn't working anymore, though, the dialpad + tab skins together were really nice!

Keep up the good work, I'm sure we can finetune everything...
    Sorry to hear about your reset problems. Interesting that the log page + green key bug didn't show up for you...

I'm using an unlocked Rogers Treo 680.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    THANK YOU Kerunt!!! It's beautiful, and SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the native phone app! I can't wait to see the color variations and thank you so much for the effort!

Edit: Well, it seems I've found the same thing that Euroclie did: my phone isn't working as a phone anymore, either, even through Takephone! Again, thanks for the effort.

Edit No. 2: Okay, I deleted the files from RAM, then reinstalled them in RAM again and performed a reset. Everything is now working fine with the new dialpad and tabs, so thanks again for the beautiful new look!!!
    You're welcome .

Your edit 2 is interesting. So all you did was delete them and copy them to RAM again + reset? Any resetting problems?

Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    pink
    Maybe, just maybe

Installed the files. What a difference! Can't wait for more choices as well as a bit more stability

I get the same thing that Kerunt gets with a reset pressing the green button when on the phone log screen. Very strange combination. The other screens seem fine. So I guess I won't do that

The first time I tried dialing from the dialpad, I got a reset. But afterwards, the phone dialed out fine. However, pressing the select button or tapping to select a favourite is also giving me a reset. I deleted the dialpad skin and still get the resets (both this one and the one from pressing the green button).

When I deleted the tab skin and reinstalled the dialpad skin I ran into an interesting glitch. I selected one of my favourites and it made the call, but it did not switch to the call in progress screen. Pressing the red end call button sinply powered off the phone but the call was still in progress. There was no way to end the call short of a soft reset.

Close but not quite there yet. I look forward to testing the next iteration.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Installed it from SD Card to 680. How do you control installing to RAM and Rom?

I'm using LauncherX and copying into handheld.
    Your edit 2 is interesting. So all you did was delete them and copy them to RAM again + reset? Any resetting problems?

Actually, I think if I had tried a reset the first time I installed to RAM, I would have had the same result, but I didn't think of it until I'd already deleted the skins. So I reinstalled and then did an intentional soft reset, and it was fine. I had a reset both times immediately upon installing the skins, and I also just tested and got the same reset you did, tapping the green key while in the call log (but I never do that, so it's not a problem for me). No other resets.

One other weird little quirk: I have my KeyguardTime+ 5.2 set to come up on idle while in the cradle. When I'm in the native phone app with the new skins, part of the KGT+ screen goes fuzzy, but if I'm in any other application, it doesn't. Weird, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Installed it from SD Card to 680. How do you control installing to RAM and Rom?

I'm using LauncherX and copying into handheld.
    Similar to you I guess. I copy it to the card using Card Export. Then I copy to RAM using either FileZ or the file manager in ZLauncher. They are not installed into ROM - do you know something we don't

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    I think I'll stay with the good ole dull grey after reading the comments here
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    I think I'll stay with the good ole dull grey after reading the comments here
    Good idea...that will avoid us having to see twenty new threads on "How do I remove Kerunt's dialpad?"
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Some bad news:

I found even more things that cause my Treo to reset when the TabBar skin is applied. One of these was launching the "Contacts" application. To be honest, I got tired of the resets today. I removed the TabBar skin, and so far have not found any bugs. I'm going to update the first post in a minute.

I get a blank screen when I'm on a call, but no freezes or anything with the skin.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast