1.    #1  
    I just visited the Rand McNally website to have a look at the StreetFinder software for the Palm only to be disappointed to find demos for versions 3.3 and 3.5 of the PalmOS. I guess the list of incompatibilities due to the non-upgradable OS begins eh?

My next will definately be be upgradable.....

Cheers,

Arker
    Did you actually TRY the demo?
    Well, it *sorta* works. I have a copy a friend gave me - was upgrading to wireless and didn't *need* his copy, and I tried it out. You can use some of the functions but as soon as I tried accessing some of the advanced features in the map program I got a fatal exception and had to reset. No hacks running, no nothing - still killed it. Happened three times in a row, I figured that it was a OS 3.1h incompatability.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Tucson Sailors

"I participated in the 4th avenue Wildcat Riot, and I
    was maced in the face by a surly officer of the law. Now how's *that* for Wildcat Spirit?" Random quote from useless college trash after setting fire to a car after the U of A wildcats lost to Duke.
    Last edited by tucson_sailors; 04/13/2001 at 10:50 AM.
    Try Mapopolis. Free and covers entire US. You can download 2 levels of maps (by county). One has more details than other. You can find landmarks, cities, streets, addresses, intersections. You can create your own "maplet" of locations or landmarks; these are "findable".

Creator's web site here
    Steve
    "Gort, Klatu verada nictu."
  5.    #5  
    I'd love to try Mapopolis but I need Canadian maps. Although the creators do say that international maps are in the works I won't hold my breath. I could be old and grey before a map of Toronto is released for the Palm....hehe

Thanks for the suggestion though,

Arker