Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    just wondering
    Have experienced 2 things:

1. Call is sent to VM without interrupting Sync
    2. Hotsync is interrupted and errors out on your PC if you answer the phone.

This was most likely with my 650, though, as I never hotsync my 700p.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Basically, it crashes. Just like almost everything else that runs on this phone...

Then the phone call winds up in voicemail, you can get it after the phone reboots.
    For the very reasons above, I always turn off my radio before hot syncing. It's a PITA but dont' want to screw anything up.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Why don't you just try it from your home phone rather than wasting bandwidth here.
    On my 700p doing a backup via Bluetooth - no reset - it rings and then goes to voice mail after about 8 rings. No crash.

Ben
    Odd...none of my treo's...600, 650, 700w, 700p, have ever crashed during a hotsync because of an incoming call (BT or Cable). They always go straight to voicemail. I'm curious if people's are crashing because of a third party app that was sync'ing at the time of the call.

Erik
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister View Post
    Why don't you just try it from your home phone rather than wasting bandwidth here.
    Thanks for your constructive, helpful and polite reply! I've successfully reduced the number of crashes on my phone from a few a day to once in a month. I don't want to do anything that can cause a glitch, problem or crash, even if the odds of it occurring are very small. Again, I appreciate your input!

Quote Originally Posted by original jht View Post
    Basically, it crashes...Then the phone call winds up in voicemail, you can get it after the phone reboots.
    Last edited by haroldo; 03/29/2007 at 06:04 AM.
    Do people still have those???
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    ...rather than wasting bandwidth here.
    Exactly what I thought as I read your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags View Post
    Do people still have those???

I cut the cord about 3 years ago, and don't miss it in the slightest. Home is in the middle of 3 Sprint towers, relatively close, with Verizon close on their heels. God bless free roaming.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Haroldo, I hotsync 2x every weekday. If a call comes in, it usually simply interrupts/stops the hotsync and the call goes to voicemail. It does not crash. I immediately hotsync again, and then when it finishes I get the voicemail notification.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Thanks! I use NVBackup, so I don't hot sync as often (usually once or twice a week), but was wondering what would happen.
    Thanks to most of you who replied!
    Last edited by haroldo; 03/29/2007 at 12:38 PM.
    Why not post your Cellphone number, so we can help you validate the multitude of answers above.
    Regards,

2smart4phone