Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I'm still having tons of issues with DST. We're on Win 2003/Exchange 2003.

    This is what I have done:

    1. Ran Windows Operating Systems Patches
    * I'm pretty sure this worked since all the calendars seem to be working correctly.
    * I caught that other thread that mentioned copying CDO.DLL or whatever to the different directories.

    2. Update Good Mobile Messaging Client and server to 4.9.3

    3. Ran outlook appointment fixer for all relevant users (some are on Mac).

    4. Ran DST patches on Treos.

    The issue I am at is:

    If it is set to observe DST:
    * An 8:00am appointment set on Outlook shows up as an 8:00am appointment on Goodlink (this is right)
    * An 8:00am appointment set on the Treo shows up as 7:00am in Outlook/Exchange (everyone's calendar).

    If it is set not to observe DST:
    * An 8:00am appointment set on the Treo shows up as 8:00am appointment in Outlook (this is right)
    * An 8:00am appointment set in Outlook showsup as 7:00am in the Treo.

    If I use the Network time, same rules apply.

    If I set the clock on the unit to manual instead of pulling from the network, appointments are off by two hours.

    I am going nuts here; I'm actually worried about 4/2 coming up, because then everything that's not fixed will get messed up, too.

    Thanks in advance for any help at all you might have.

    - Ramon

    PS - Is there a way to "force" a handheld to install an update? I have a 4.9.3 client install on one unit that keeps waiting for a response from the handheld - this was like, a week and a half ago. I thought it would automatically install by this point.
  2. #2  
    Well, you confused me. Sorry.
    Can I reword you case:
    (by 'it' I assume you mean the Treo)
    ---
    If it is set to observe DST:
    * 8:00am appointment set on Outlook shows up as an 8:00am appointment on Goodlink (this is right)
    * An 8:00am appointment set on the Treo shows up as 7:00am in Outlook/Exchange (everyone's calendar).

    If it is set not to observe DST:
    * An 8:00am appointment set in Outlook showsup as 7:00am in the Treo.
    * An 8:00am appointment set on the Treo shows up as 8:00am appointment in Outlook (this is right)
    ----
    I just changed the order of the 2nd one to match the first. Are you sure the Server is set to Observe DST?
    (just brainstorming, trying to help)

    On the PS, yes according to Admin doc, things like Good Client Update should auto-force after the default time-out, which is 3 days iirc.
    That is unless the Group/User profile is not correct.

    If it is not auto-installing, the user should just click the GDInstall icon on the Treo.
  3.    #3  
    Cargo - Thanks for the response. Yes, the cases are as you understand and reworded them (thanks, btw!).

    I'm pretty sure that the servers are on DST time, since the clocks changed on the correct days without any changes on my part, but I could be wrong. What's the easiest way to check?

    I'll give the GD Install a try tomorrow.

    Thanks!

    - Ramon
  4. #4  
    Easy way is to double-click the Clock in the system tray and the setting is on the TimeZone tab. A little check box at the bottom.
  5.    #5  
    Cargo - Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well, either.

    Both servers are set to obey DST, but I wanted to double check what DST rules they are following. I'm pretty sure all the DST patches for the new schedule are installed correctly, but wasn't sure of a way to check.

    Basically, is there a way to verify they're now going to change the clocks on March 11 instead of April 2?
  6. ea0423's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #6  
    You don't mention what SP Exchange is running. If you are on SP1, GMS forces you to install a non DST compliant CDO.DLL. You say you copied the file prior to the 4.9.3 update. If that is true (and you are on SP1 for Exchange), check the verison of CDO.DLL. If it is not one of the versions posted in the other DST posts, that is the most likely cause of the issue.

    Of course, if you're on SP2, the CDO.DLL should be fine. I'd check anyway to be sure...
  7.    #7  
    Unfortunately, I'm on SP2, so it might not be the CDO.DLL. The version number is 6.5.7651.61
  8. #8  
    fwiw, I'm on SP1 and the GMS install copied the dll for me.

    For a recap, my last minute updates went like this (Treo650 & 700p users):
    OS Patch (2003)
    AddSendAs.vbs for permission fixes (didn't work, might be my fault)
    Appt/Calendar Fix Wizard MsExTmz.msi (some worked, some didn't, few users affected)
    ExchangeSP1 DST Patch (2003 SP1 already)
    Fix Good master user Permissions (what a PITA that was)
    Install/Upgrade GMS/GMC ( super easy, thank you Good)
    Send this email link to users for Palm OS Update
    http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...DSTUpdater.prc
    Wait a day or two. All users got the push from GMS and clicked through the reinstall.

    So far, no DST related problems. Except one user who somehow 'lost' the push upgrade after interrupting it during install.

    -C

Posting Permissions