1.    #1  
    I cannot find the button or plugin in MS word for docs to go. Where should it be? If it's not there, can I reinstall it?
    What are you trying to do?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    in ms word there should be an option that says something like "add to docs to go" which will setup the current document to transfer to treo. I know I can do it manually from within docs to go but the "plugin" seemed to disappear...
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I think it went missing when i moved to word 2003 maybe maybe not but i think thats what happened

and when you look in the docs to go options it doesnt mention word/excell 2003 just 2000
  5.    #5  
    bump. how do I get it back?
    Have you checked DataViz's support?
    It would seem to me that the shortcut is probably inserted into Word by DtG when DtG is installed.
    Then when you subsequently upgraded tp Word 2004 or whatever, Word covered that shortcut.
    So, now that you have Word 2004 installed, try deleting and reinstalling DTG and maybe the shortcut will be inserted into Word 2004.
    The standard disclaimer about advice from a half wit applies.
    Good Luck
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Now that it is mentioned -- my shortcuts to "send" to DTG from within Word and Excel have also disappeared and I have not installed any new Office versions.

But, I have allowed auto updates to Windows . . . . . I wonder if a security patch wiped it out. . . .?
    You just add the file to Docs to Go on the desktop, and it transfers next time you hotsync. What am I missing here?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  10.    #10  
    of course you can do it that way. please read the original post. there was also a way to add it from ms word as well. this functionality has disappeared. btw I did not install ms word 2004 as that does not exist. I did not install any new ms office...
    I am using MS Word 2003 and it appears in the menu bar.
  12.    #12  
    can it be removed or moved? maybe I misplaced it??
    I looked as well I have office 2003 and I dont see it either.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Try looking in the menu Tools -> Templates and Add Ins...

You should have an item on the Templates tab called DVZWDAddin.dot

Make sure the check box is checked and it should show up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post

I checked here and it wasnt listed. I did a search for the file and found it.

I went back into the Tools/Templates again and clicked add, I went to the path where the .dot was stored. I added it and its checked but it still doesnt show up in File/sendto.

Where else would it show up?
    There is no spoon.
    On my Word 2003 "Documents to Go" appears on the basic (begins with File) toolbar between Window and Help. There are also listings under Tools in Macros and Templates. I've never used any of them so can't say how to install or replace.
    I did my due diligence heres the link:

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...=13722&pid=160

What is says:

Problem:
    The Office Menu Add-ins for Documents To Go no longer appear in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint on the desktop computer.

Solution:
    The Microsoft Menu Add-ins for Documents To Go have been removed and are no longer supported in Documents To Go 8 and higher. There are no engineering plans to further develop this feature, and they will no longer be supported.

The Office menu add-ins were used to add files to the Documents To Go program on the desktop in order to sync them to the handheld. There are several other easy ways to add files to Documents To Go on the desktop:

Drag a file onto the Docs To Go shortcut on the desktop

Drag a file directly into the Docs To Go program window

Click the "Add" button (or select "Add Item" from the File menu), then browse to and open the file you want to add

Find a file on your computer, right-click on it, and select Send To > Documents To Go

Hope this helps.

Sigh.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I had exacly the same problem, as I recall I just reinstalled Docs to go, never deleted it from the computer just reinstalled it, then opened Word and there it was.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post

Hey this worked great I just clicked on templates and add ins then clicked add then browsed to docs to go folder under programs and clicked on the file and hit ok and ill be damned but the docs to go menu drop down showed up between window and help on my menus.

So a big tanks for that easy fix.

A quick update you need to do this for excell and powerpoint to just browse to the Docs to Go program folder to find the template needed for each Office app.
    Last edited by hofs1; 04/01/2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: update
    For Excel and Powerpoint you need to go the Tools -> Add-Ins... and make sure the checkbox next to DVZXLAddin (Excel) and DVZPPTAddin (Powerpoint) is checked.