1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried to use slingbox with Sprint Treo 650? I am debating buying one now that they support palm. It's be nice to use with the 650 until the 755p came out...
    I think the official word is that the Slingbox will only support the 700p. At least that's what it says here: http://us.slingmedia.com/object/KB-005321
  3.    #3  
    I saw that but its says with EVDO service which would mean there would be no problem with speed, etc. However, I thought I read somewhere that someone tried it with the 650 and said it worked. I wanted to see if anyone else had tried it.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    I saw that but its says with EVDO service which would mean there would be no problem with speed, etc. However, I thought I read somewhere that someone tried it with the 650 and said it worked. I wanted to see if anyone else had tried it.
    There's only official support for the 700p, but the 680 is definitely reported as working and a couple of Sprint 650's are apparently working. Check over at SlingCommunity for the latest reports. GSM 650's and the Verizon 650's have yet to be reported as working ...
    I'm trying to run it on my Treo 650. It just hangs the Treo when I try to connect to the sling player.
    There's no reason they can't support a 650. You don't need 3G to use slingbox, it works just fine on EDGE.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    Has anyone tried to use slingbox with Sprint Treo 650? I am debating buying one now that they support palm. It's be nice to use with the 650 until the 755p came out...
    I tried it on the 650, but it just locked up the phone. However, it works great on the 680! I was added to the beta week or so before they made it public, so I have been using it successfully on T-Mobiles EDGE network with great success. It works better over the relatively low bandwidth of EDGE than the WinMob version that I have been using.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull