Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I am looking for a security app for my Sprint T650. Warden, TealLock & Msafe all have recent updates. I am trialing Warden at the moment but would appreciate any comments on how well each works, any stability issues and advantages of one over the other. Thanks
    Last edited by eharty; 03/28/2007 at 02:44 PM.
    The two leaders in the field are currently Warden & TealLock. I have tried both, have a license for TealLock 6 and prefer it over Warden. Really the best way is to test drive them both.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The two leaders in the field are currently Warden & TealLock. I have tried both, have a license for TealLock 6 and prefer it over Warden. Really the best way is to test drive them both.

Ben

What do you base your statement on that Warden and TealLock are "the two leaders"?
    Because they are at this time. They both offer options that none of the others encompass.

Ben
    Hi Ben,

I would have to say VoiceSecureIt for PalmOS and WM5/6 devices is a great solution as well. It is a powered on protection solution and as you know, it uses your VoicePrint to unlock the device.

Cheers,
    Noel

Ben
    Noel, I tried VoiceSecureIt and found it is not reliable under all circumstances. Background noise, wind, a cold, those will keep it from working properly.

Ben
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Noel, I tried VoiceSecureIt and found it is not reliable under all circumstances. Background noise, wind, a cold, those will keep it from working properly.

Ben
    I had similar problems with VoiceNavit, to the extent that I gave up on it - it's amazing how variable one's own voice and intonation can be!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I have them all TealLock, Warden, mSafe, and SecureX. I like SecureX the most. SecureX is the best one that I have found out here.
    1 that I forgot me mention is VoiceSecureIt (don’t waste your money)
    Here is the link to SecureX

http://www.toysoft.ca/securex.html
    I use BluePill, it works great for me. I test the lock and wipe of both the sd card and internal ram through sms monthly and have not had any problems. Check it out here: http://www.palmpowerups.com
    "I want my 2 dollars!"
    - Better Off Dead -
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    I have them all TealLock, Warden, mSafe, and SecureX. I like SecureX the most. SecureX is the best one that I have found out here.

I have tried TealLock and Warden so far and Warden is very stable and seems to do what they say. I thought I had read that SecureX had caused problems and lost data for some users. Why do you like SecureX over the others?
    Hi Ben,

I'm sure the weather is much better there than were I'm at.

Have you tried the new version 2.0.5?

Also, if you have a cold or really bad background noise one can use the keyboard password feature, which of course, the other have too, but in most cases you can just press one button and not look at the device and just say "Let me right now please" then press another button for VoiceDialIt for example and voice dial, all by not looking at the device.

It's all dependant on whether or not one needs one hand operation of the Treo while drive for example and needs to unlock the device. VoiceSecureIt is the only application that can do it.

Cheers,
    Noel

p.s. Did you check out our beta of VoicePlayIt 1.0 for pTunes?

Ben
    Yep, at 6am, going down Farrington Hwy, on the left the Pacific Ocean, often times, such as this morning, lazy swells, what a sight to see. The low about 65 degrees. Gosh.

No I have not tried 2.0.5. but will be glad to. When I initially did it last year or so, I found it erratic and in most areas I am in, noise is often a factor.

I did notice the new application; however, it is rare that I use p-Tunes.

Take care!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu View Post
    Hi Ben,

I'm sure the weather is much better there than were I'm at.

Have you tried the new version 2.0.5?

Also, if you have a cold or really bad background noise one can use the keyboard password feature, which of course, the other have too, but in most cases you can just press one button and not look at the device and just say "Let me right now please" then press another button for VoiceDialIt for example and voice dial, all by not looking at the device.

It's all dependant on whether or not one needs one hand operation of the Treo while drive for example and needs to unlock the device. VoiceSecureIt is the only application that can do it.

Cheers,
    Noel

p.s. Did you check out our beta of VoicePlayIt 1.0 for pTunes?
    Hi Ben,

Yeah, much much better weather.

We are way below the temp for this time of the year.

We are sitting at 24F right now and was even lower yesterday.

We had a 85F day like a little over a week ago. This weather is so weird, I have never seen this much of shift before.

Yeah, check out 2.0.5 of VoiceSecureIt, I'm sure you'll see a major improvement. Also, if you do have pTunes demo try VoicePlayIt it's getting good feedback.

Wish you a great Easter!

Cheers,
    Noel

Yep, at 6am, going down Farrington Hwy, on the left the Pacific Ocean, often times, such as this morning, lazy swells, what a sight to see. The low about 65 degrees. Gosh.

No I have not tried 2.0.5. but will be glad to. When I initially did it last year or so, I found it erratic and in most areas I am in, noise is often a factor.

I did notice the new application; however, it is rare that I use p-Tunes.

Take care!

Ben
    Hello,

We did update to 2.0.5 for VoiceNavIt.

Please do give it another try.

Cheers,
    Noel

Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    I had similar problems with VoiceNavit, to the extent that I gave up on it - it's amazing how variable one's own voice and intonation can be!

cheers
    Hello,

What version did you purchase?

We do have a 30 day money back guarantee if you purchased from us.

Did you purchase somewhere else? What version did you test and compare too?

Cheers,
    The VoiceIt Team!

Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    1 that I forgot me mention is VoiceSecureIt (donít waste your money)
    Noel, would you post a download link? The links on the site point to pay before trying.

Thank you.
    Ben
    Noel, downloading VoiceSecureIt from PalmGear downloads VoiceDialer.

Ben