Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Palm's own FlexiSkin + Seidio's two-tone horizontal pouch works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolsba View Post
    I use eVono from Ebcases.com. My TREO 700p stays on the cradle without having to remove it from the case. Ditto when I place it on my palm universal keyboard. It covers all parts of the treo, and still gives you access to all functionalities of the phone. It has a magnetic closure on the flip. The case is very sturdy, as my treo has fallen on the concrete numerous times without a single crack. Check it out!

http://www.ebcases.com/-strse-3343/e...700/Detail.bok
    That does look like a nice case. Does the flap thingie get in the way while you're using it or does it snap back and hold? I would hate the flap falling against my head while I'm talking on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Palm's own FlexiSkin + Seidio's two-tone horizontal pouch works very well.
    The Flexiskin is the one I'm using, I couldn't remember the name of it...
    My tight leather pants pockets provide a great case for my 700p.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Yes, the flap folds back and it is also removable. I hardly remove mine (except to change battery or push the reset hole), since I can talk and listen to phone conversations through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    That does look like a nice case. Does the flap thingie get in the way while you're using it or does it snap back and hold? I would hate the flap falling against my head while I'm talking on the phone.

The Flexiskin is the one I'm using, I couldn't remember the name of it...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolsba View Post
    I use eVono from Ebcases.com. My TREO 700p stays on the cradle without having to remove it from the case. Ditto when I place it on my palm universal keyboard. It covers all parts of the treo, and still gives you access to all functionalities of the phone. It has a magnetic closure on the flip. The case is very sturdy, as my treo has fallen on the concrete numerous times without a single crack. Check it out!

Wow - thanks! I was just thinking of going with the pdo hard-leather shell, but this looks like it might suit my needs even better.

I currently use the Palm flexiskin and really like it. Regardless of what case I ultimately wind up with, I'm considering picking up another skin and cutting the keyboard section down so that I can continue covering the keys with it.

Thanks to all - this thread has given me quite a few options I hadn't found (I love google, but it failed me on this one, I'm afraid!) and I think maybe I'll find something I actually LIKE!
    Check out this thread too. I use BestSkinsEver most of the time, but there are times when I need the added protection of a case and use a modified Krussel.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134832
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBones View Post
    Is the leather on the Vaja cases soft or are they really hard? I'm actually into more of the soft feel.
    Anybody have an opinion on this?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by divamum View Post
    Has anybody used the Krussel ones with the zipper? What are those like?
    So far, it's okay (I've had my Treo for two weeks, the Krussel case for 1)...it doesn't add a lot of bulk, but I'm still not *REALLY* happy with that as a solution. The entire front is covered in plastic, and it's a little hard to get to the touch screen. Not so bad if you use the buttons for everything.

I'm loving my Treo, though. Nothing is as nice as holding it "undressed". The only reason I'm *determined* to get a "covers it all" case is because I dropped it and nicked it before I'd even had it a whole week. I'd taken it out of my Palm branded horizontal case, and dropped it before I could get it back in the case.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well, I've ordered one of the EB Enovo cases - I'll let you know how I like it! I'm hoping I can frankenstein a plastic or silicon keyboard cover as well (I just know how hard I am on keys and would prefer the letters not to rub off), but I love the idea that the flip lid is removeable AND it has a hardshell - definitely the closest to my needs anybody has suggested, so we'll see!!

Thanks again for all the suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBones View Post
    Anybody have an opinion on this?
    I did...but I wasn't gonna share it
    I have the Rhino SKin case for the 700p
    many CompUSA stores are going out of business and they have them marked down from 32 to 10.23. i baught a few. they last about a year before being usable but not pretty. it is aluminium with a neoprene liner. i drop my phne a lot and this one takes the beating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I did...but I wasn't gonna share it
    Oh you're so clever.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Take a look at zcover.com

OI got the 700p case @ macWorld and it does cover the keyboard, actually improving my typing

Unfortunately, this weekend the little clip that holds the belt clip holder (detatchable) broke, but I solved that with good-ole Duct Tape
    Defenitly the best case i've had.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    :
    Originally Posted by Jolsba View Post

UPDATE: My red EB case arrived today.

The good: It is beautifully made in very nice quality leather, the flap cover is virtually unnoticeable when opened, and it's the easy to slide the Treo into it (the top of the "split" on the hard shell case has a small piece of elastic on one side so that it fits snugly but can still be moved around).

The bad: it does NOT fit in a Palm cradle alas (how'd you get yours to seat, dude? The magnet catch "bump" on mine makes it absolutely impossible to even fit it into the OEM cradle, much less get it fully seated). That said, it's easy to get it out of the case, so I think I can live with that.

I find it a little difficult to press the "control" and "backspace" keys, but I think that might be a problem with any of this type of "shell" design cases I've seen. It's not impossible, just not as easy as it is with a nude device, or when it was in the skin.

I still wish it had a plastic keys cover, but I'm thinking maybe I can just make one by buying an el cheapo case and pilfering the plastic, cutting to shape and sliding it over the keyboard once it's in place.

Overall, I'd say this is a very nice case indeed. Virtually all edges of the device are covered although functions remain fully accessible, the leather is very nice quality both visually and to the hand, the design is excellent and, while at $66 it's not "cheap", it's not horrifyingly expensive like the Vaja cases! I also like that the flap lid can be totally removed when desired (although the upper connector on that is not a magnet catch, as the photo might lead one to believe - it has a pin which slides into a small loop on the inside of the case, underneath where the Treo sits once its installed - totally unobtrusive and easy to use, although you do have to remove the phone to do so).

Nice touch is that even closed, it's still pretty slim - much less bulky feeling than the Cellsuit neoprene case, or the Palm OEM leather case (and it covers more surfaces than the Palm one does)

Anyway, fwiw - this is unquestionably the nicest case I've tried out so far, even if it still doesn't fulfil my wishlist completely
    Last edited by divamum; 04/06/2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added text
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoScott View Post
    Hello,

I know you said you don't want the belt clip, but the NUTSHELL cases are awesome. I've had one case that's outlasted my 600, 650, and 700p.

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/
    I totally agree. Best case I've ever had for ANY phone. Has been with me through my 600, 650 and now being used with my 700p.

I Do wish they had used a good snap rather than velcro for the closure tab, mine isnt sticking all that well anymore...but it IS many years old now (I got it when the 600 first came out).
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12