1.    #1  
    Howdy All --

I've searched here and the Apple discussions group and still have some questions about getting started. I don't yet own a Treo and am wondering which one to get, and which config.

I've got a G4 with Tiger.4.9, expecting to get Missing Sync. I want to be able to sync with Entourage, play MP3s, use IM and WiFi.

Do I need to get an unlocked phone to get full compatability with my Mac? If I do, how do I link up with a carrier?

This site has several great sales for phones with a couple carriers -- what's the diff?

Many thanks,
    Dave
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxer7 View Post
    Howdy All --

I've searched here and the Apple discussions group and still have some questions about getting started. I don't yet own a Treo and am wondering which one to get, and which config.

I've got a G4 with Tiger.4.9, expecting to get Missing Sync. I want to be able to sync with Entourage, play MP3s, use IM and WiFi.
    You need an add on product to get WIFI for Palm Treos, buth Palm OS and Windows Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxer7 View Post
    Do I need to get an unlocked phone to get full compatability with my Mac? If I do, how do I link up with a carrier?
    No, you do not need a unlocked phone, but it might be worth while getting one anyway.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I don't have missing sync, but can still sync entourage with my Treo 650.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo