1.    #1  
    Well, on my T680 at least.

Whenever I save a number to my address book that I was just connected to, I always categorize the contact. When I create a new category for contacts, I go into a soft reset. This has happened EVERY time without fail whenever I try to add a category. This is also the case even when I'm trying to add a category without a contact.

Any similar issues or possible solutions?
    Just tried to add a category to contacts - Soft Reset, and the new category is not there - tried it again, same result. OS is 5.4.9, contacts is 1.3.2, phone contacts is 1.3., Phone is 3.0B. Anyone else - or is there a fix I have missed?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandUnlocked View Post
    Just tried to add a category to contacts - Soft Reset, and the new category is not there - tried it again, same result. OS is 5.4.9, contacts is 1.3.2, phone contacts is 1.3., Phone is 3.0B. Anyone else - or is there a fix I have missed?
    I have the same specs as you and I have 15 categories set up in contacts. If I try to add more I get a message saying that 15 is the limit. I sync to outlook and I think the 15 limit is outlook not palm os. I don't get any resets when I try to add more than 15 though...
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
    Fifteen is the limit (in Palm OS), delete one (entries will go to "Unfiled"), then try to add a new one, I did exactly that and crashed.
  5.    #5  
    First off, I have 10 categories and it crashed when I tried to add #11. Second off, even if 15 is the limit, why should it crash our system rather than display an error message?!
    Because it sounds like a bug?
    Do you happen to have takephone? If so update to the latest version.

I vaguely remember having such a problem before two months. I ended up creating the category on Palm Desktop and adding a contact to it and then hotsyncing.

Not sure if it was due to takephone, but i had just updated the takephone beta a day before this happened.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net