1.    #1  
    After using up 20Mb of ram space on my T680 the phone has become sluggish when changing between apps. But after a hard reset with only the standard apps on the phone, the treo works fast.
    Will using ZLauncher help by moving some of the apps to run from card? I thought with a bigger Ram i could keep all my apps there but that turns out to be counter productive.

Can anyone give suggestion as to how i can speed things up like that of my Z72? Thanks in advance
    What are you running that might trap events? Check out PalmInternals.

Also, define sluggish. When you switch from the Phone app to another app, how long does it take to appear. This time will depend on the app you're launching. For example, to get into DateBk6 takes my 680 about a second. Once inside, it's quite speedy. I switched from Agendus because of this. I've got about 35 meg left.

Also, look at Cache usage. There are a couple of "Inside your Treo" documents on mytreo.net (do a search).

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Yeah, I think we're talking apples and oranges here.. The fully loaded Treo probably has multiple background apps and stuff taking up events, where the hard reset Treo obviously does not.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I don't know if it's such a big deal. When removing programs from ram they will take longer to load.
    Takes me 20 seconds to load Blazer
    20 seconds WOW I am on my 5th page by then. I do have a 700P not a 680 but that seems like a long time.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    What are you running that might trap events? Check out PalmInternals.

Also, define sluggish. When you switch from the Phone app to another app, how long does it take to appear. This time will depend on the app you're launching. For example, to get into DateBk6 takes my 680 about a second. Once inside, it's quite speedy. I switched from Agendus because of this. I've got about 35 meg left.

Also, look at Cache usage. There are a couple of "Inside your Treo" documents on mytreo.net (do a search).

Bob
    Hi Bob, well sluggish i meant slow as it pauses with a white screen for 1-2 sec before the next app gets loaded.
    I assigned the phone key to alternate launch with Takephone and this in particular app is darn slow to load. Joggling between the 4 hard keys with standard apps on it takes 1sec to load. I still have my Z72 and its nothing like this!
    Strangely after installing Initiate Laucher, things seems a little faster. From Initiate the reading for; Cache Free 18 of 23MB
    Dynamic Free 7.8 of 10.5kb
    Ram Free 41 of 69MB

Thanks again, and i'll be checking out "inside your Treo" at mytreo.net for more feedbacks as suggested.