1.    #1  
    Hi there, I just want to know if there is any software that can sync my home Computer with Palm Desktop and my work computer with outlook without any pain.
    At work I just want to sync the calendar and memos, not contacts...
    But at home I want to be fully sync.

Thanx in advance.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lardo View Post
    Hi there, I just want to know if there is any software that can sync my home Computer with Palm Desktop and my work computer with outlook without any pain.
    At work I just want to sync the calendar and memos, not contacts...
    But at home I want to be fully sync.

Thanx in advance.
    Great Question, I recently have been attempting some of these same things. I am testing Beyond Contacts now. See I have a calendar at home I want to sync, but I want a full sync at work. Right now I am using Chapura and Beyond contacts and I am not seeing to many problems. I am going to try Keysuite from Chapura as well.

Good Luck.
    I sync Outlook at work, and Palm desktop at home. No problem at all. Just set up your conduits to sync what you want and ignore what you don't want.

Just like you, I fully sync at home and partial sync at work (Outlook is at work).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    THanx guys.
    Tony, do you use any extra software?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lardo View Post
    THanx guys.
    Tony, do you use any extra software?
    At home I used the CD that came with my Treo, and I hotsync everything. At work, I just downloaded the desktop from Palm's site and I use the Outlook conduit. Everything works fine, except I do get a duplicate appointment under certain scenarios. They are no trouble to delete, though.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

I currently sync everything except DTG at home and work. Work-Outlook Home-Palm Desktop. The only thing I notice is I get a pop up at work along the lines of this profile has been synced with another computer and duplicates may occur. I just click OK and go on. The only duplicates noticed are with birthdays and anniversaries. It seems to duplicate some and not others. Haven't really messed with it as I do like tonylmiller and just delete the duplicates. No problems otherwise.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    I also sync to 2 PCs. At work it's to Outlook and a backup to the Palm Desktop just in case. At home I sync to the Palm desktop. As Tonylmiller said, just set up your conduits the way you want them.

I forget if Palm gives you both Outlook and Palm Desktop conduits or whether you have to choose one or the other when you install the desktop. I always install the Palm Desktop conduits because I use Chapura PocketMirror. I prefer it to the Palm Outlook conduits. Mind you, I got the original version with my Palm IIIc many years ago.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Yeah but if you sync your contacts at home with palm, and then sync at work with Outlook, won't the contacts change from being sorted by company to being sorted by last name?
    Nope figured it out. However, when I enter a contact in Palm Desktop, it won't sync with outlook. If I open the contact on my phone and modify the contact in any way, it will sync it.
    Last edited by cadman; 05/08/2007 at 06:27 AM. Reason: figured it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Yeah but if you sync your contacts at home with palm, and then sync at work with Outlook, won't the contacts change from being sorted by company to being sorted by last name?
    Nope figured it out. However, when I enter a contact in Palm Desktop, it won't sync with outlook. If I open the contact on my phone and modify the contact in any way, it will sync it.
    That's interesting. I don't think I've run across that because I almost always enter contacts on the fly (when I need to call someone for the first time), or use Directory Assistant.

I wish the 650 would allow you to hit save on a number and start a new contact....