1.    #1  
    I have searched on this and have found the names of several software packages that will block a call from a particular number and transfer it to voice mail. What if you don't even want it to go to Voicemail, but just to keep ringing? Or just hang up? There was one thread that suggested that Palm does not allow this degree of control over the phone. Anyone have any suggestions?
    lightwav has a pickup/hangup feature which i have assigned to a variety of numbers

you can also send directly to voicemail, ring out silently, etc

its a great program and worth the $20ish. plus you can setup mp3 ringtones without any hassle at all
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Call Block will do give them the dial tone with the pickup and hangup option. It won't even wake up the Treo when it does it. Its cheaper. The developer is very responsive.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Call Block is perfect; thanks, it was just what I was looking for.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Call Filter does some of these things too. I like the pickup and hangup rule! (great for calls from people who block their number or don't exist in your address book)
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Call Filter at this moment in space is unsupported by its developer. Beware if you lay down any money.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Call Filter at this moment in space is unsupported by its developer. Beware if you lay down any money.

Ben
    Ben, that's the nice way of putting it...
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I still have hope that Rob will bring it back; I just do not hope too much. Ben
    Do any of these also block SMS as well?
    Verizon customers can block calls and SMS messages directly from the vzw.com website.
    get into your sms tool on sprint.com...you can block sms's from there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48 View Post
    Call Block will do give them the dial tone with the pickup and hangup option. It won't even wake up the Treo when it does it. Its cheaper. The developer is very responsive.
    Can I use CallBlock and Ringo together? According to documentation, NO. Is anybody using them together?

K
    They both do the same thing and using them together = trouble.

Ben
    Omy! I didn't realize this would be so difficult. I need a simple program that will hang up on unwanted calls. No bells and whistles. Lightwavs "Buzz" isn't working for me, it picks up but it won't HANG UP! Is there really nothing out there?

K
  15.    #15  
    If you mean unwanted calls from anyone in general, I guess not. Call Block works great for hanging up on specific numbers, but you have to put them in.
    Callshield Blocks SMS and picks up and hangs up,sends calls straight to vmail. it hasnt been updated in Eons but it works on my 700 and 755