Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    When this update comes out. Who will format there system install apps all over again and who will just install the update?

I plan to format and install everything one by one.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    When firmware updates for other Treos have come before, I just install the update. Some things I remove first like Docs-to-Go, anything moved with PowerRun, and Butler. Beyond that, I just make sure I have a good backup. I also wait at least a day to see what people here report.
    I will definitely do a sync, write down all the special apps I have, and do a hard reset. It's a good way to clean out all the cruft that's probably accumulated on the phone from installing/removing lots of apps, I'll probably even leave out a few that I find out I don't really use.
    planning on the firmware update that will never come. Optimism at its best
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    When this update comes out. Who will format there system install apps all over again and who will just install the update?

I plan to format and install everything one by one.
    that's a ME TOO
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    next we can all determine how we will spend our super mega lottery winnings.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    huh? wheres the update?

-it aint comin-
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    huh? wheres the update?

-it aint comin-
    Sure it's coming: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...755p-mid-year/

Treo 755!

(Palm: "oh, did we say Q1 2007 for the firmware release? No, no... we meant Q1 2070!")
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Hello, Have any of you installed the IR fix? I swear that my 700p is running much much faster than before. Try it.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    I've installed it. It didn't do squat.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Sure it's coming: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...755p-mid-year/

Treo 755!

(Palm: "oh, did we say Q1 2007 for the firmware release? No, no... we meant Q1 2070!")
    I played with a 755p today. It was IDENTICAL to the 700p Different form factor though. It is like the 750 as far as form factor and it has mini SD. Same memory and everything
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    what os did it have? if what you say is true then palm should pack there bags.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    yes, it has palm os
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    Mini-SD??? Oh, No!!! I have too many SD cards to switch to mini-sd now!!!

So that leaves me with keeping my old 650 for another year or so, or buying a used/ebay End-of-life 700P once the update comes out- if it ever does and if it fixes enough issues. I don't think I'll be buying a new 700P from Palm or the carrier and extending my contract for another 2 years when I can get one elsewhere. I hate the idea of buying EOL technology as an "upgrade". I did so hope that the 755P would be the 700P, fixed and on steroids (with regular SD). PALM !!! WHY!!! WHY!!! WHY!!!!!!

Or, I can wait for Hawkin's device?!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas View Post
    I played with a 755p today. It was IDENTICAL to the 700p Different form factor though. It is like the 750 as far as form factor and it has mini SD. Same memory and everything
    dam, thats a freakin BURN!