Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I set up my Gmail with VersaMail but one thing really annoys me: After I have read the new email from my treo, it is still listed as new message when I check it on my computer.

Is there someway to fix it? There is an opition of "Leave mail on server after downloading to VersaMail". But I have to check it because I use computer to check my email also.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by autumninchicago View Post
    I set up my Gmail with VersaMail but one thing really annoys me: After I have read the new email from my treo, it is still listed as new message when I check it on my computer.

Is there someway to fix it? There is an opition of "Leave mail on server after downloading to VersaMail". But I have to check it because I use computer to check my email also.

Any thoughts?
    No takers??
    I know this doesn't answer your question but most people have given up on VersaMail and/or VZW Wireless Sync and use Chattermail. Also, most people report a significant overall performance improvement of their 700p once Versamail was removed. Myself included.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I know this doesn't answer your question but most people have given up on VersaMail and/or VZW Wireless Sync and use Chattermail. Also, most people report a significant overall performance improvement of their 700p once Versamail was removed. Myself included.
    Thanks for the reply. I know many people are using chattermail but VersaMail is good enough for me now to check my email when I want to and doesn't effect my 700p's performance at all. (I've double checked on that.)

One reason I'm not buying new Palm OS app right now is the future of Palm OS is kind of uncertain. Will they have Linux OS out? Are they really for sale and will whoever buys Palm continue produce new Palm OS phones?
    Totally understand. I'm not sure how to correct your problem but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a gmail issue. Apparently google's pop implementation isn't standard. Many people have had issues with pop behavior using diferent email clients.

Do you have the problem with other pop accounts?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Totally understand. I'm not sure how to correct your problem but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a gmail issue. Apparently google's pop implementation isn't standard. Many people have had issues with pop behavior using diferent email clients.

Do you have the problem with other pop accounts?
    There is an option of archive the messages when they are accessed with POP. It's not quite the same but might be my best bet.

Gmail is my only pop account.

I wish Palm is more open about their future and the OS development. If Palm is dying, then my best bet might be Symbian. I'll have to leave VZW as most all Symbian phones are for GSM.