Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hey, GreenHex,

Is there a way to make treomute stay active until I go and de-activate it? In other words, I want to mute the treo for an undetermined period of time.

Thanks!
    Treo 650 Verizon
    The problem with this Abe, is that you may forget that you need to not forget.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    Hey, GreenHex,

Is there a way to make treomute stay active until I go and de-activate it? In other words, I want to mute the treo for an undetermined period of time.

Thanks!
    As bclinger mentioned that was the reason for not including the "indefinite" version...

But there is a way out... you can use TreoPref (also freeware, available from www.swCP3.com/TreoTown/TreoTown.html) and set it up to do what you want.. it has a switchback "Off" option... It is slightly messy to set-up though operates just like TreoMute, but I'm sure you can figure it out...

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/16/2008 at 11:46 PM.
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    As bclinger mentioned that was the reason for not including the "indefinite" version...

But there is a way out... you can use TreoPref (also freewrae, available from www.swCP3.com/TreoTown/TreoTown.html) and set it up to do what you want.. it has a switchback "Off" option... It is slightly messy to set-up though operates just like TreoMute, but I'm sure you can figure it out...

- mvk
    Hmmm...looks interesting. So, can I have treomute off (not active) and save that as the treopref 'default'? Then have treomute active and save that as 'treomute on' in treopref? Am I getting this right?
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    Hmmm...looks interesting. So, can I have treomute off (not active) and save that as the treopref 'default'? Then have treomute active and save that as 'treomute on' in treopref? Am I getting this right?
    Yeah... almost, alternatively, you can set your 'default' with normal volume... and add one additional "profile" - say "Mute" - for muted volume... When you switch to "Mute" remember to set switchback to "Off"

Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Yeah... almost, alternatively, you can set your 'default' with normal volume... and add one additional "profile" - say "Mute" - for muted volume... When you switch to "Mute" remember to set switchback to "Off"

OK...I think that will do the trick! Thanks!
    Treo 650 Verizon
    What settings does TreoPref save? Are the email prefs also saved or is it just the base prefs found in the prefs app?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    What settings does TreoPref save? Are the email prefs also saved or is it just the base prefs found in the prefs app?
    Just the PalmOS settings... and maybe some Treo settings (phone volume etc) I think I may have a list somewhere....

- mvk
    PalmOS Prefs:
    prefDateFormat
    prefLongDateFormat
    prefWeekStartDay
    prefTimeFormat
    prefNumberFormat
    prefAutoOffDurationSecs
    prefSysSoundVolume
    prefAlarmSoundVolume
    prefGameSoundVolume
    prefStayOnWhenPluggedIn
    prefStayLitWhenPluggedIn
    prefMeasurementSystem
    prefTimeZone
    prefDaylightSavingAdjustment
    prefTimeZoneCountry
    prefAutoLockType
    prefAutoLockTime
    prefAutoLockTimeFlag
    prefLanguage
    prefAttentionFlags
    prefLocale
    prefColorThemeID

Phone Prefs:
    sndPhone
    sndEmail
    sndCalendar
    sndIM
    sndMMS
    sndSMS
    sndNetwork

Misc Treo Prefs:
    screenBrightness
    screenContrast
    lightMode
    phonePower

I guess most of the useful ones are self-explanatory....

- mvk
    Game over!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345