Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    posting this twice as I need MASSIVE feed back.

My monthly bill every month thru Verizon is 105.67 , this includes 1500 text and pics messages, "unlimited" data, email and 450 any time minutes. After going to a Sprint store with a friend, he purchased a Q, I realised the DRASTIC difference in prices between the 2 companies. Also, thanks to this wonderful site I have read all about the SERO plans available for dirt cheap. Here is my dilemma, I am moving in to an apartment by myself for the first time and 105.00 cell phone bill is just not practical so I am considering suffering the EFT and making the switch to Sprint. I had Sprint years ago and their service was satisfactory but my main concern before changing is do you really get what you pay for? Will my internet speeds be the same? Will I get good coverage as far as the phone aspect is concerned? Dropped calls? I havent had 1 since being with Verizon.... Im aware with the SERO plan I pay 30.00 a month for about 500 minutes with free data included, also unlimited nights and weekends with nights starting at 7....but can I add some sort of text package to the SERO plan? Will that void the plan? I need unlimited texting as I am a massive text messager. So I ask the genius of this board to help me... Will my service be as good as Verizon? Is it worth the switch? Any feedback or experiences with SERO is greatly appreciated as well as any opinions on the switch. I am aware the quality of your coverage is contingent upon your location, so I am in South Jersey, very close to Philadelphia, if that makes a difference...TIA for any help!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Go to www.sprint.com/sero for more info on the plans. As far as coverage is concerned, it really depends on where you are using the service.
    I can't help you with coverage, but you can ask a few people in that area regarding sprint's coverage if you can. I CAN help you in understanding the sero plan though. I am on sero myself but on the nextel's side, but its the same as sprint's as they're the same company, just different technology. you can add any option to the sero plan, and it will NOT void it. you just pay whatever it is on top of the $30 a month. sprint has really expanded rapidly over the past few years so they're very different compared to 2001. Also, sprint's unlimited internet usage is truely unlimited, unlike verizon's which has a clause in the contract and the evdo speed is simliar and WILL be even faster once they have rev A phones available later this year.

for the price, you can't beat what they're offering. also, its free when you call other sprint or nextel users as well in case you didn't know that.
  4.    #4  
    Wow. so I can add unlimited text and insurance on the phone without voiding the plan? This sounds too good to be true....Im waiting for a catch! Thanks for the feedback so far, I really appreciate it!
    I'm getting rid of my Sprint soon but only because I was lucky to score the $20 data plan on Verizon, and I need VZW for IN-Network calling for stubborn ppl who won't come to Sprint with me because of the evil Sprint stigma

*Service: you said it was satisfactory before, it will probably be good then. I had good Sprint coverage in Philly.
    *Internet Speed: Just as fast as VZW, faster at times, slower at others. That's cellular 3g.
    *Unlimited SMS: you can add it with SERO, I think it's an additional $15. No tricks!

One difference you may be familiar with:
    Sprint: you only get the first alert voicemail. Any new voicemails beyond that won't notify you, so keep the VMailbox clear.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I added 1000 text messages a month for $10 to my $30 SERO plan. Verizon is expensive as hell (my wife and daughter are still on it) I'd say go SERO. The unlimited data is worth it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I'm getting rid of my Sprint soon but only because I was lucky to score the $20 data plan on Verizon, and I need VZW for IN-Network calling for stubborn ppl who won't come to Sprint with me because of the evil Sprint stigma

*Service: you said it was satisfactory before, it will probably be good then. I had good Sprint coverage in Philly.
    *Internet Speed: Just as fast as VZW, faster at times, slower at others. That's cellular 3g.
    *Unlimited SMS: you can add it with SERO, I think it's an additional $15. No tricks!

One difference you may be familiar with:
    Sprint: you only get the first alert voicemail. Any new voicemails beyond that won't notify you, so keep the VMailbox clear.
    how did ya score the 20 dollar data plan with VZW, I called their so called "retention" department and was basically told they would do nothing to keep me as a customer...any tips?
    information about that is in this thread.

I've heard it has become much harder to add this feature to your account as the CSRs have all been educated and scolded about it, so good luck! As for retentions, I've had my VZW line for two years and every time I try to get anything out of them, they laugh at me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Sounds like the SERO plan is the way to go for you long term, but you would have the ETF and the cost of a new phone up front. Coverage really isn't an issue since the SERO plan includes roaming, and most current phones can be forced to roam. Th emost you'd be paying to add unlimited text to the SERO plan is $15, and possibly less. Good luck.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    information about that is in this thread.

I've heard it has become much harder to add this feature to your account as the CSRs have all been educated and scolded about it, so good luck! As for retentions, I've had my VZW line for two years and every time I try to get anything out of them, they laugh at me.
    Yea, I have spoken to 3 different CSRs and have been told that the feature is no longer available, its not available in my billing area and they couldnt find the "code" to add it to my bill.
  11.    #11  
    I give up on the PDATP. A CSR actually told me this bundle was "leaked by an internet blog" and not available to non-corporate accounts and that anyone who has this plan but is not a corporate account holder should "feel lucky".... Screw it. I give up. looks like its gonna be a 160.00 ETF from Verizon and Sprint here I come.
    I'm coming from Cingular to Sprint SERO...I switched back in early January. For me, it's well worth it.

My plan includes the following:
    =======================
    500 any time minutes
    Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes Starting At 7PM
    Unlimited Mobile To Mobile Calling
    Nationwide Long Distance
    Crystal-Clear Calls
    Voice Mail
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Numeric Paging
    Three-Way Calling
    Call Forwarding ($0.20/min)
    Sprint PCS Directory Assistance ($1.40 per call, plus airtime)
    500 FREE text messages per month (got this by emailing Sprint e-care)
    10% off my monthly bill for being a member of a Credit Union (got this by calling Sprint)

No cell phone carrier could touch the above plan for anything close to $30/month. In addition, I got a $350 rebate for my $299 Treo 700p (actually $325 including tax) plus another $75 rebate from a Kellogg's cereal promotion...and a Sprint Debit card for $75 for being referred to Sprint.

Anyway, checkout the latest deals of the SERO promo, have a look here: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=385350
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    I'm coming from Cingular to Sprint SERO...I switched back in early January. For me, it's well worth it.

My plan includes the following:
    =======================
    500 any time minutes
    Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes Starting At 7PM
    Unlimited Mobile To Mobile Calling
    Nationwide Long Distance
    Crystal-Clear Calls
    Voice Mail
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Numeric Paging
    Three-Way Calling
    Call Forwarding ($0.20/min)
    Sprint PCS Directory Assistance ($1.40 per call, plus airtime)
    500 FREE text messages per month (got this by emailing Sprint e-care)
    10% off my monthly bill for being a member of a Credit Union (got this by calling Sprint)

No cell phone carrier could touch the above plan for anything close to $30/month. In addition, I got a $350 rebate for my $299 Treo 700p (actually $325 including tax) plus another $75 rebate from a Kellogg's cereal promotion...and a Sprint Debit card for $75 for being referred to Sprint.

Anyway, checkout the latest deals of the SERO promo, have a look here: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=385350
    ok Im sold on the plan but how do I get the rebates on the phone? I am planning on getting another 700p....
    Please see the FAQ on the link I posted...have a look at FAQ #7...all about rebates.
  15.    #15  
    ok so now for my total "noob" question....

once I recieve the new 700p from Sprint how do I reinstall my Kinoma 4x and PTunes Deluxe? I purchased both of these apps....I wont have to purhcase them again, right?

How do I go about upgrading the existing programs on the new 700p?

Thanks.
    Depending on what the program generates your serial from, you should be able to just use the same Hotysnc ID and your apps would work (be sure to rename the backup and archive folders first, then re-install your apps one by one to decrease the chances of instability).

Now if the program generates your serial off other things like the HSSN or something, then you may need to contact the developer's customer support to get a new key.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I received my Sprint Treo last week. Works great in spite of so many hills and valleys where I live. I called Verizon last night and cancelled service without any termination fees. Do a google search - because they have raised the administrative fee charge and the text messaging fee, you can cancel without penalty. They didn't argue one bit with me either - very pleasant the whole time.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by lino-man View Post
    I received my Sprint Treo last week. Works great in spite of so many hills and valleys where I live. I called Verizon last night and cancelled service without any termination fees. Do a google search - because they have raised the administrative fee charge and the text messaging fee, you can cancel without penalty. They didn't argue one bit with me either - very pleasant the whole time.

I actually did this tonight. Found a thread on here about the administrative fee, called Verizon and canceled my contract with no ETF. I am also able to port my number when ever I purchase the new phone thru the SERO site. I was surprised at how easy it was to get out of my contract and how pleasent the CSR was. So, I will be switching to Sprint with SERO. Im really excited about the savings Just hope I can transfer all my apps easily. Im a bit nervous as I am not very tech savy. All I have installed on my current Treo is Colorize, NVBackup, Deluxe PTunes and Kinoma 4x. I hope the transition is smooth.
    You'll love your new 700p, and welcome to SERO! Don't forget to install the tether hack when you get your new phone. Free Internet access on any PC is great anywhere you have your phone.

BTW, to maximize your rebates, make sure you send all rebate forms!!! I actually sent in a $100, $150, and another $100 rebate form for my 700p. And my $350 rebate was approved and on its way to me. Read that link I sent you...very informative...everything you need to know on the perks of SERO.
    Verizon really must think it's still 1997 or something. I find it ridiculous to hear how they still believe they have no competition and their service is so much more wonderful than Sprint and demands a 2x-3x premium for basically the same exact technology and service. The SERO plan has roaming and unlimited data included, and with the roaming I've had coverage in well-populated areas where Verizon flatlines.

Every time I'm out of contract with Sprint I check out Verizon to see if they have anything that tempts me.... and I always walk away laughing my **** off at the prices they quote and the "horror stories" they tell about Sprint coverage that haven't been updated since Sprint had only a few towers around us 10 years ago.

You'll probably be happy with Sprint. The customer service has been getting a bit better, and at the least you'll have an extra $700 or so a year to put toward more important things than cell phone coverage.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast