Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I currently went from a 650 to a Dash then to a 680. The 680 has been fantastic. Except for one problem. My Transcend 4GB SD card becomes corrupt after about 2gb of data put on it. I have tried everthing in these forums to try and resolve the issue. I recently ordered an A-Data 8GB SDHC card. What I am hoping for is that my card is just defective and when the new one arrives it works flawlessly again. If I can't solve the issue I will jump ship and go to the dark side.
    I also have a Transcend 4 GB card, and both the Treo and the PC (via a card reader) recognizes the card as having a 4 GB capacity. Yet the other day, when loading music files, it stopped loading at 2 GB (both the PC and Treo told me the card was full).

Is this the kind of problem you're having with the 4 GB card?
    Lurking and learning ...
  3.    #3  
    Not quite but if attempt to load more than 2GB the files just become corrupt and will not play. Are you getting any error messages?
    Sounds like it's simply not compatible.
    I have a Transcend 4GB SDHC, Class 6 card in my 680 and I'm not experiencing any of the problems described above. I'm thinking the problem is a bad card, not the 680.
    I have a Transcend 8G SDHC class 2 in my 680 and use Card Export II and have experienced no problems yet. I have just over 6g's of music on it and so far so sweet!
    No prob with my 4G card. Seamless.
  8.    #8  
    Well I honestly hope its just a bad card, because the treo has been the best smartphone I have owned so far.
    No error messages other than the OS telling me that the card is full (no more space). My 4GB card is a 150x Transcend SD card, but it's not of the SDHC variety. You're right, it might be the card. Time to contact Transcend...
    Lurking and learning ...
    My Transcend 4gb works fine also
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  11.    #11  
    Is it possible for a card just to work halfway? I'm not a tech or anything but I was just thinking that the card will either work or it won't.
    I think they sort of work halfway in the sense that the machine may not "see" more than 2G and use only that amount, or it may see all 4G but you may only be able to use 2G, or it may actually use all 4G and you can see all 4G but you cannot manipulate the data. I think before I formatted my card properly I could not read the entire 4G, but that may be for other reasons.
  13.    #13  
    Ok so I just got my new Adata 8GB class2 SDHC card in, formatted it and it works flawlessly. That just guaranteed my stay here with Palm.
    I have had good results getting bad cards replaced from A-data.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    I currently went from a 650 to a Dash then to a 680. The 680 has been fantastic. Except for one problem. My Transcend 4GB SD card becomes corrupt after about 2gb of data put on it. I have tried everthing in these forums to try and resolve the issue. I recently ordered an A-Data 8GB SDHC card. What I am hoping for is that my card is just defective and when the new one arrives it works flawlessly again. If I can't solve the issue I will jump ship and go to the dark side.
    This is an utterly stupid comment that shows you did no research and just went out and jumped and bought a 4 GB card without checking @ Palm first.

Palm clearly states the maximum supported card for this phone is 2 GB. It states they have not tested and cannot assure that a 4 GB card works, no matter whether others on this forum have gotten theirs to work or not.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

There's plenty of other *real* problems to be pissed at besides this one.
    Palm V > Palm Tungsten E > Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked GSM) purchased 1-4-07
    -
    My 680 Stats: Firmware-MW01.50; Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW; Hardware: A
    -
    Cellular One / PrimeCo / AT&T Wireless / Sprint / Clingular / AT&T Wireless (Cingular)
    -
    Moto Startac * PrimeCo Qualcomm * Nokia 6400 * Sanyo 4500 * Sanyo 8100 * Nokia 6682 (Unlocked) * Palm Treo 680 (Unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevestr View Post
    This is an utterly stupid comment ....
    I think you're being unnecessarily hard on yourself. As far as I can tell the 4G cards work perfectly and it appears the 8G ones might not have too many problems, either. The last thing you'd want to do is go to Palm, because they've already said it is not designed for greater than 2G. Then what should you do? Not enjoy the benefits of the 4 or 8G card? Having the 4G card is a HUGE benefit for me and one of the main advantages of the 680. I went out and bought one as soon as several people said it worked for them, and for me it was as simple as formatting per the instructions on this forum and plugging it in. It is phenomenal. I'll bet the 8G ones are as well.

As I say I think you're being too self-critical. If a lot of people report back positively, I think that's better information than what Palm publishes. Yikes.
    This has nothing to do with design. 4GB SD cards are outside the specifications of the SD Card Association; essentially they are hacks. I rather doubt that Palm would put their Seal of Approval on non-spec accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevestr View Post
    This is an utterly stupid comment ....
    mdavis
    I think you're being unnecessarily hard on yourself.
    The comment was unnecessarily hard on cristobal....unless stevestr and cristobal are one and the same person?...either way, it is uncalled for.
    Political correctness has invaded Austrialia. We are doomed as a world.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    ... I rather doubt that Palm would put their Seal of Approval on non-spec accessories.
    Exactly. I'm glad we agree. That's why it was stupid to say it was stupid to seek advice from something other than Palm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast