1.    #1  
    Hello guys, don't know how to start..

Hardware : Treo 650 (bell mobility) + Thinkpad T41

HotSynch worked like a charm on bluetooth when I first configured it
    I had both hotsynch and my M3000 (plantronics) headset configured.

Nightmare Step 1 : trying to hot synch .. I got the dreadful " unable to initialize hotsynch operation because the port is in use by another application"

I looked online and someone adviced a hard reset

Nightmare step 2 : I did a hard reset on my TREO, unpaired from my PC, and then paired it up again (successfully pairing).. when I tried to create a 'virtual serial port' from my 'bluetooth places' I got the other dreadful message "Decice 'xxx' does not support service "bluetooth serial port".

Nightmare step 3 : I did restore my treo using the USB cable, but still I can't get blue tooth to run, all my googling is gone to waste

- It does not seem there is any bluetooth downloads from bell or PALM.

Nightmare step 4 : everytime my thinkpad tries to connect to my TREO, it does make the sound of a connection, then the thinkpad ends the connectionand the treo REBOOTS !.

Nightmare step 5 : I tried to discover services on my TREO from my thinkpad I found the 'push EBX service' and I can send contact cards !...

What to do next ? I am lost
    Last edited by klf33; 03/25/2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    Well, the unable to sync...in use by another application - that error message can mean a couple of things. Often times just retrying to sync again will get it running. There are times just rebooting the desktop will take care of it. A hard reset though -no.

The #2 - you have to configure the services for the Treo. From Bluetooth neighborhood, right click the device and properties - authorization. Wording may differ depending on your software.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Well, the unable to sync...in use by another application - that error message can mean a couple of things. Often times just retrying to sync again will get it running. There are times just rebooting the desktop will take care of it. A hard reset though -no.

The #2 - you have to configure the services for the Treo. From Bluetooth neighborhood, right click the device and properties - authorization. Wording may differ depending on your software.

Ben
    Hi,
    I did the right mouse click, properties, authorization and clicked all that existed (none of them were the serial port authorization), same problem existed.

The fact that the TREO reboots itself everytime after I try to create a virtual serial port from my PC tells me there is something that has to be done on the TREO itself

A.
    Itunes being open was the culprit on my machine, even without the cable plugged in. I also unplugged my memory card reader and it started to work for me.
    Give it a shot.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Itunes being open was the culprit on my machine, even without the cable plugged in. I also unplugged my memory card reader and it started to work for me.
    Give it a shot.
    Hey man,
    I tuens was not open , I don't think this will cause my TREO to reboot either !.